Every X owner needs this...

Posted by: Twitch1358

Every X owner needs this... - 14/08/12 04:40 PM

Finally went out and got some of this. Works really well. I highly recommend it. And it's funny there's an X on the bottle!

Posted by: Wink

Re: Every X owner needs this... - 15/08/12 04:49 AM

Where's it available?

Re: Every X owner needs this... - 15/08/12 02:30 PM

I got it at the auto parts store O'Reillys. It was by all the car washing stuff.
Posted by: Wink

Re: Every X owner needs this... - 17/08/12 02:04 PM

Thanks!
Posted by: MitchReavis8

Re: Every X owner needs this... - 17/08/12 09:09 PM

Great stuff. I've used this all throughout my X's life. You have to reapply every so often to keep it looking dark, but it's definitely worth it.
Posted by: Kaiser

Re: Every X owner needs this... - 18/08/12 05:14 PM

How long does it last?
Posted by: Lightning

Re: Every X owner needs this... - 02/09/12 10:18 PM

Yeah, how long does it last? This plastic is annoying as crap to keep looking well. I'm so tempted to take all the plastic off and paint it.

Re: Every X owner needs this... - 05/09/12 07:08 PM

Yeah, that I'm not sure about. This is my first time using it.
Posted by: MitchReavis8

Re: Every X owner needs this... - 14/09/12 10:00 PM

It depends on how much direct sunlight it gets. If it bakes in the sun all day every day it won't last as all. On average I reapply mine every 3 months or so to keep it really dark.
Posted by: TJ

Re: Every X owner needs this... - 15/09/12 10:22 AM

Its better to just re-paint it and be done for a few years.

Also, that stuff migrates the plasticizers to the surface to "rejuvenate" the finish...which makes the remaining plastic underneath more brittle over time/with repeated applications.

Its a bit like people who lick their lips when they are dry...so they are wet for a bit, but can become chapped even worse if they keep doing it, etc.

laugh
Posted by: PsiFire

Re: Every X owner needs this... - 15/09/12 05:27 PM

I've noticed the front "grill" of my X looking a little faded lately. My brother hit it with a little plastic scouring pad and some elbow grease and looks like roughing it up can help as well. Maybe do this before applying the above for better results? I'll give the combo a try eventually and post my results. The plastic is indeed kinda crappy. But then again, so is a lot of the stuff from Nissan.
Posted by: mark garrett

Re: Every X owner needs this... - 16/09/12 10:49 AM

THE Problem with most of these is the rain washes it off. Please report after it rains.
Posted by: brslomo

Re: Every X owner needs this... - 11/10/12 07:18 PM

The last post is correct. Rain washes it off as does hose water if you rinse your X or wash it. It then washes down onto the paint. I really don't like this stuff much. It's pretty much the same as "Mother's Back To Black." Just a different brand.

Bruce S.
Posted by: DocNo

Re: Every X owner needs this... - 08/11/12 04:26 PM

Originally Posted By: TJ
Its better to just re-paint it and be done for a few years

What paint did you use, how long ago did you do it and do you still like the results?

My plastic is looking really bad even though my X lives in the garage or is otherwise covered frown

And the headliner finally fell down - time to replace that too crazy
Posted by: Kaiser

Re: Every X owner needs this... - 07/12/12 04:41 PM

and spaaaaaaam