Easy Trails in the Dusy Ershim trail Area?

Posted by: XterraDiver

Easy Trails in the Dusy Ershim trail Area? - 29/07/04 08:07 PM

What trails are there in the Dusy Ershim/Dinkey Creek/Shaver Lake area that a novice with a stock Xterra(Just 32" BFG's) would be able to do and enjoy?
Posted by: Huey

Re: Easy Trails in the Dusy Ershim trail Area? - 29/07/04 08:20 PM

There are quite a few trails out there that are easier. Ruger1022, is out in that area quite a bit and could give you some info on trails that you can do.
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: Easy Trails in the Dusy Ershim trail Area? - 29/07/04 10:13 PM

Dusy and Swamp are the two more challenging trails. All the other trails are pretty X friendly. 4Crawler has some descriptions here:
Hwy 168 Trails

Our club is planning to run Spanish trail in Aug.
Posted by: Ruger1022

Re: Easy Trails in the Dusy Ershim trail Area? - 01/08/04 08:50 AM

There sure are. When are you planning to be in the area? Bald Mtn and Brewer are both doable stock, but you'd probably want to go with a second vehicle. Click the link in my signature, and then back out to just the Central Cal Club forum rather than the welcome message the link takes you to, for a few pics of us, we were there in May and June. Although we're slightly modified, we've done the trails with a stock X and a stock XJ. Check it out and let me know if you're interested, I'd be happy to do those trails over again.
MV

Brewer Lake trail review

Bald Mtn trail review

Check out those reviews, and others, just browse around there...
MV
Posted by: Ruger1022

Re: Easy Trails in the Dusy Ershim trail Area? - 01/08/04 09:12 AM

Terry4X4, when in August, I haven't done that one yet and would like to, from what I've read it should be within my capabilities. Please let me know more about it.
MV
Posted by: Robinhood150

Re: Easy Trails in the Dusy Ershim trail Area? - 02/08/04 09:30 AM

It's Aug 14-15. Everybody is welcome to come along.