Looking for ARB

Posted by: surfingteacher

Looking for ARB - 16/10/03 07:31 PM

I've heard the rumors that ARB is not making a bumper for the 2000 x anymore. xterraparts and 4wheelparts no longer have them on their websites. Anybody know where you can still get one in Dallas? Anywhere at all?

If not, what are recommendations for a bumper? Is the Calmini any good? TJM? Shrockworks?
Posted by: austinbrtndr

Re: Looking for ARB - 17/10/03 06:01 AM

Wasn't there a guy in Houston selling his ARB with skidplate for $500? I think Jim at Shrock knew him or someone else selling one...
Posted by: Kaiser

Re: Looking for ARB - 17/10/03 07:12 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by surfingteacher:
I've heard the rumors that ARB is not making a bumper for the 2000 x anymore. xterraparts and 4wheelparts no longer have them on their websites. Anybody know where you can still get one in Dallas? Anywhere at all?

If not, what are recommendations for a bumper? Is the Calmini any good? TJM? Shrockworks?
I'm really taken with the looks of the Calmini... are there any reviews or anything on it? How does it compare to the ARB for toughness etc?
Posted by: surfingteacher

Re: Looking for ARB - 17/10/03 07:33 AM

I e-mailed the guy from Houston again last night, but I can't check that site from work, it's blocked. I'll check when i get home. I really would like an arb, but if I can't find one, I might go Calmini or TJM. Not real sure that I like the looks of the Shrockworks. Still waiting to see how they look on a '00.
Posted by: Ramstein92

Re: Looking for ARB - 17/10/03 07:36 AM

There are all sorts of reviews on the Calmini bumper. As far as opinions, it is Ford vs Chevy IMO. People like both for whatever reason, but both bumpers rock.
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: Looking for ARB - 17/10/03 08:40 AM

come on over we'll build you one. I just unloaded a 4X8 of 1/4" plate (just like chris' but mine was cut in half) and some squre tube..