What color for Barnwell?

Posted by: UTJMAC

What color for Barnwell? - 01/11/03 06:38 PM

Ok...so I'm bringing the Heep butI'd like some opinions on a new color scheme. Right now it's faded red with blue angled triangles on the front end. It needs a new rattle can job to make it's offroad debut. Got any opinions?
And no, I'm not going to paint a big XOC on it.(but don't be surprised if you see a sticker)
John
Posted by: Kaiser

Re: What color for Barnwell? - 01/11/03 06:53 PM

BRIGHT FUCKING GREEN!!!!! [ThumbsUp] [ThumbsUp] [ThumbsUp]

BTW: awesome looking Heep.
Posted by: surfingteacher

Re: What color for Barnwell? - 02/11/03 09:22 AM

Camo or bright orange.

Just not [Rainbow]

Re: What color for Barnwell? - 02/11/03 07:08 PM

I was thinking orange since I'm a big UT fan. (the real UT, not texas laugh ) I wish I could find the new orange on the 350Z in a spray can. Any more suggestions?
John

Re: What color for Barnwell? - 02/11/03 08:18 PM

It would be kind of neat to do one of the textured or mixed paint things that are so popular in homes now... if you really want to get creative, that is.

Let's put some drywall knockdown texture on it laugh

Re: What color for Barnwell? - 03/11/03 06:19 AM

Quote:
(the real UT, not texas laugh )
And who is that supposed to be?
Posted by: 2001frontier

Re: What color for Barnwell? - 03/11/03 09:11 AM

Flat black all the way!

Re: What color for Barnwell? - 03/11/03 09:34 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by 2001frontier:
Flat black all the way!
Is it illegal to have a completely reflective vehicle? Chrome paint!

BTW, UTJMAC, I keep suggesting outrageous things because I assume you woulnd't have asked if you wanted a 'normal' look.

Re: What color for Barnwell? - 03/11/03 09:52 AM

Who say that's outragous. My favorite color is chrome. I am a big fan of silver, so why not chrome. If I thought it would look decent out of a can I'd go for it.

And the real UT? University of Tennessee of course laugh

I don't necessarily mind normal. I just am trying to take some opinions. Maybe a big NOS emblem and a racing stripe? I could think of a lot of cool schemes but basically I'm trying to pick something that I could touch up easily, and paint fairly cheap and quickly. This will be applied from a can.
John
Posted by: Ramstein92

Re: What color for Barnwell? - 03/11/03 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by UTJMAC:
Maybe a big NOS emblem...
John
Dan can get ya one. smile
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: What color for Barnwell? - 03/11/03 11:28 AM

That thing is beggin' for some flames. Maybe flat black with silver (or chrome flames) down the hood and sides. That would rock!

laugh laugh

Re: What color for Barnwell? - 03/11/03 11:50 AM

If I could paint it I wouldn't mind orange camo. It's a TN thing I think.
Black with flames would be cool. I've also recieved a vote for olive drab green, army style.
John
Posted by: hattrik21

Re: What color for Barnwell? - 03/11/03 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Ramstein92:
Quote:
Originally posted by UTJMAC:
[b]Maybe a big NOS emblem...
John
Dan can get ya one. smile [/b]
[LOL]

Re: What color for Barnwell? - 03/11/03 03:00 PM

Olive drab green with a big white star on the hood.

Re: What color for Barnwell? - 03/11/03 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by surfingteacher:
Ooh that would be COOl.... do that one!!! [ThumbsUp]

Re: What color for Barnwell? - 04/11/03 05:42 AM

Quote:
My brother did that to his '47 Willys and it looks cool.
Posted by: austinbrtndr

Re: What color for Barnwell? - 04/11/03 05:52 AM

Quote:
I think he was asking everyone but you... cuz you suck! [Finger] cardomain boy... don't you know that car domains for ricers?!?! [Rainbow] you makin it to kingsland? laugh oh... and color for the jeep... bright orange with zebra stripes! [img]http://store4.yimg.com/I/brandsonsale-store_1764_35524371[/img] [ThumbsUp]

Re: What color for Barnwell? - 04/11/03 08:06 AM

Quote:
I think he was asking everyone but you... cuz you suck! [Finger]
Always gotta slam people [Finger] Is that how you make yourself feel better. So I'm on cardomain...it's a cheap and easy way to post pictures of the x. Notice I have a page of peopel wheelin. You'd be on that page too, if you ever showed up [Finger]

Yeah, I'm gonna try to make it out there to the slabs. But if money is short, I'd much rather go to Barnwell.

Re: What color for Barnwell? - 04/11/03 09:03 AM

Quote:
pictures of the x. Notice I have a page of peopel wheelin. You'd be on that page too, if you ever showed up [Finger]
[/QB]
Hey - you snaked my pictures! [LOL]

Yah - those were both Xtrail.

Re: What color for Barnwell? - 04/11/03 10:46 AM

Sorry Kaiser, I'll go back and give credit where credit is due. Besides the two of me, which did you take? I can't seem to remember anymore.
Posted by: austinbrtndr

Re: What color for Barnwell? - 04/11/03 11:54 AM

Quote:
Quote:
I think he was asking everyone [b]but you... cuz you suck! [Finger]
Always gotta slam people [Finger] Is that how you make yourself feel better. So I'm on cardomain...it's a cheap and easy way to post pictures of the x. Notice I have a page of peopel wheelin. You'd be on that page too, if you ever showed up [Finger]

Yeah, I'm gonna try to make it out there to the slabs. But if money is short, I'd much rather go to Barnwell.[/b]
As a matter of fact, that made me feel much better... but anyway... if you want a cheap photo hosting site, check out www.picturetrail.com ... it's completely free just to host pictures, and you can set up several different albums... that's what I've been using for a month or so now, and it's pretty sweet... as for showing up, I spent too much money making my X better than yours [Finger] , so now all I can afford to do is cruise the malls picking up high school chicks who are just gonna break my heart... [Crybaby]

Re: What color for Barnwell? - 04/11/03 12:45 PM

I don't know if it is still set up that way, but I used to have picture trail, and yeah it was free, for awhile. Then they tell you that the trial period is over and you have to start paying.

And it lets you set up pages, not just host pictures.

As for cardomain being just for ricers, try looking at some of the jeeps and trucks there, definitely not ricers.

Is there another website that lets you create pages geared for offroad vehicles, like cardomain?

Re: What color for Barnwell? - 04/11/03 07:14 PM

Jason,

Superjens lets us use his server for pic hosting anything that is Xterra related. I am not sure if you can do web pages or not, but contact him and ask. If you can lemme know and I'll get you the connection info for the swxc 'account' on his server.

Re: What color for Barnwell? - 04/11/03 07:24 PM

I've already got the info to access and store pics on his account, thanks. I just kinda wanted to have my own webpage, and this was free and easy. I think that my provider gives us some space, I might check into that this weekend.

UTJMAC, sorry that your post has been totally hijacked. My thought was olive drab green with a white star, like ole school army, or GI Joe or something. I would keep it simple, whatever you do, so you can just get another rattle can and respray any damage that might be done on the trail. What about a camoflauge scheme using UT (the real one, in Texas) colors?

Re: What color for Barnwell? - 04/11/03 08:03 PM

If I could find paint codes and template for an orange camo, I'd be all for it. I just seem to have trouble finding it. I may end up using an industrial paint I can get from work super cheap. Orange camo, olive drab(no star) are my choices @ this point.
Thanks for the hijack [Finger]
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: What color for Barnwell? - 14/11/03 08:49 PM

a camelion color that be cool like green to gold
or red to purple or silver to blue

Re: What color for Barnwell? - 15/11/03 07:13 AM

I ended up buying some WWII olive drab. It was supposed to be here yesterday but UPS missed me. Guess I'll have to paint it during the week,
John