Electronic Locker?

Posted by: Zorro19s

Electronic Locker? - 14/11/02 08:19 PM

Searching the web I found a number of companies offering electronic lockers. I think unit like this are easier to install since you dont need a hydraulic pump. Anyone know if anyone is working on a kit for the xterra?
Posted by: Dayspring

Re: Electronic Locker? - 14/11/02 08:46 PM

Well, the ELocker is being worked on, but is continually pushed back...

Take a look through the archives (aka search) and you'll see the talk about said locker.
Posted by: OnlyOneDR

Re: Electronic Locker? - 16/11/02 12:18 PM

The E locker is 2004/2005 now for Nissan applications. Get something else, don't wait.
Posted by: rrdstarr

Re: Electronic Locker? - 16/11/02 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Zorro19s:
Searching the web I found a number of companies offering electronic lockers. I think unit like this are easier to install since you dont need a hydraulic pump. Anyone know if anyone is working on a kit for the xterra?
None of them I know of use a hydraulic pump? ARB uses air.
Posted by: OffroadX

Re: Electronic Locker? - 17/11/02 12:30 PM

ARB is air-pressure actuated, the E-locker will be solenoid/electro-magnetically operated, and the Offrotec locker is vacuum actuated. These are the only selectable lockers for the Xterra, and the Eaton E-locker is still a way off.

Brent
Posted by: OnlyOneDR

Re: Electronic Locker? - 18/11/02 06:50 PM

I noticed that Offroad-tec updated their site. They do not list Nissan applications anymore. Instead, they are asking for 30 pre-orders to get one delivered in about 2 months. Looks like they were a little over-excited about it at the beginning.
Posted by: OffroadX

Re: Electronic Locker? - 19/11/02 09:41 AM

Hmm, I see that. They've also added air-actuated and will offer electrically-actuated versions of the locker as well.

Brent