Sopranos countdown!

Posted by: xterrapin

Sopranos countdown! - 01/03/06 10:48 AM

THE SOPRANOS. 9 p.m., March 12, on HBO!!!!!!!!

Found this pretty good article regarding the next (and final) season.

Five things you need to know before you watch:

* Johnny Sack (Vincent Curatola) got nabbed by the feds in the final episode of season five, shifting power to volatile lieutenant Phil Leotardo (Frank Vincent).

* Carmela (Edie Falco) came to the conclusion that jewelry and new cars sure beat nagging Tony (James Gandolfini) for the cash to live in the manner she has become accustomed, so she let him back into the house.

* Uncle Junior's (Dominic Chianese) RICO trial ended in a hung jury after the capos got to a juror. So Uncle June may not be confined to house arrest anymore. He's become increasingly senile, however.

* Tony whacked his cousin Tony Blundetto (Steve Buscemi) with a shotgun blast to the face to save him from being tortured by Phil, who was looking to avenge Blundetto's murder of Phil's brother Billy.

* Tony had Silvio (Steve Van Zandt) whack Adriana (Drea de Matteo) after her fiance, Christopher (Michael Imperioli), revealed to Tony that she had been talking to the feds.
Posted by: 2001frontier

Re: Sopranos countdown! - 01/03/06 11:09 AM

I can hardly wait. I was watching some of last season last night in anticipation.
Posted by: electrobuzz

Re: Sopranos countdown! - 01/03/06 11:16 AM

Boo-yah!
12 episodes this year... and the last 10 starting in January 2007. [Smoking]
Posted by: socalpunx

Re: Sopranos countdown! - 01/03/06 11:29 AM

* Johnny Sack (Vincent Curatola) got nabbed by the feds in the final episode of season five, shifting power to volatile lieutenant Phil Leotardo (Frank Vincent).

Didn't Tony barely get away from that one? Isn't that the episode where they were meeting and Tony ran through the snow... I wonder if Johnny will roll over? Also, even though the power would be handed down, isn't the kid from Miami still in possible position to get himself into power in NY?

* Carmela (Edie Falco) came to the conclusion that jewelry and new cars sure beat nagging Tony (James Gandolfini) for the cash to live in the manner she has become accustomed, so she let him back into the house.

That and she couldn't find a good layer. laugh Hell, he gave her dad a gun a threw a nice party. Plus she's got AJ's drug habbit and her daughters emotional outbusts to deal with. Did Meadow's boyfriend ever get his manjob?

* Uncle Junior's (Dominic Chianese) RICO trial ended in a hung jury after the capos got to a juror. So Uncle June may not be confined to house arrest anymore. He's become increasingly senile, however.

Junior is still the man pulling the strings. Not for money or fame, just ego and an inability to release controll of power.

* Tony whacked his cousin Tony Blundetto (Steve Buscemi) with a shotgun blast to the face to save him from being tortured by Phil, who was looking to avenge Blundetto's murder of Phil's brother Billy.

It had to be done. Plus Cousin Tony was doing side jobs, a big no no. Will Tony take care of the twins? At least he should let them take what they want from A.J's closet.

* Tony had Silvio (Steve Van Zandt) whack Adriana (Drea de Matteo) after her fiance, Christopher (Michael Imperioli), revealed to Tony that she had been talking to the feds.[/QB][/QUOTE]

Chris gets a quick fix and is back on his feet. She was a much better maul than she is Joey's sister though. She had to go. I think Silvio took a certain joy whacking her. It wasn't like when they took out Pussy. She was a snitch and she wasn't even a wife. She had to go. Now that we've seen whack a cousin, Christopher probably isn't feeling too safe either. Loyalty, schmoyalty he's one indicment away from swimming with the fishes.
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: Sopranos countdown! - 01/03/06 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by electrobuzz:
Boo-yah!
12 episodes this year... and the last 10 starting in January 2007. [Smoking]
I thought it was 16 this year and 8 in 2007?

Re: Sopranos countdown! - 01/03/06 01:03 PM

I can't fricken wait! That episode where Adriana got whacked was one of the most gut wrenching hours of television I've ever sat through.

Re: Sopranos countdown! - 01/03/06 02:01 PM

Agreed. Silvio should have boned her, and then shot her.
Posted by: MidnightX

Re: Sopranos countdown! - 01/03/06 03:10 PM

I can't wait to watch Big Love afterwards too. Looks like another good series!
Posted by: MBFlyerfan

Re: Sopranos countdown! - 02/03/06 05:43 AM

cant wait [ThumbsUp]

Re: Sopranos countdown! - 02/03/06 06:25 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by 2001frontier:
Wow...that's a little misogynistic... eek [Huh?]

Re: Sopranos countdown! - 02/03/06 06:39 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by WilMac1023:
Quote:
[b]Agreed. Silvio should have boned her, and then shot her.
Wow...that's a little misogynistic... eek [Huh?] [/b]
Sorry, did it make your pussy hurt? [Finger]

Re: Sopranos countdown! - 02/03/06 06:55 AM

Quote:
Quote:
[b]
Quote:
[b]Agreed. Silvio should have boned her, and then shot her.
Sorry, did it make your pussy hurt? [Finger] [/b]
Rape, much?

Re: Sopranos countdown! - 02/03/06 07:09 AM

It was a joke dude, you can put down your NOW picket poster now. :rolleyes:
Posted by: jerseydevi1

Re: Sopranos countdown! - 02/03/06 07:12 AM

Quote:
Quote:
[b]
Quote:
[b]
quote:
Sorry, did it make your pussy hurt? [Finger] [/b]
Rape, much?
Yeah, the upstanding citizen he was definitely considered that... :rolleyes:

lol...haven't watched in years, but it sounds like I missed alot.

Re: Sopranos countdown! - 02/03/06 07:16 AM

Quote:
It was a joke dude, you can put down your NOW picket poster now. :rolleyes:
LOL...dude, it just seemed a little vicious, that's all.

Re: Sopranos countdown! - 02/03/06 07:21 AM

Quote:
While I am sure that many of the characters would have done that, Silvio has too much respect for Christopher and would never do something like that to him. Silvio is one of the very few guys on the show who has respect (Bobby "Bacala" is another off the top of my head).

Re: Sopranos countdown! - 02/03/06 07:26 AM

I agree. For murderers they are decent guys. It is amazing how we root for the real bad guys on the show, and root against the FBI and such.

Re: Sopranos countdown! - 02/03/06 07:27 AM

Quote:
Quote:
[b]It was a joke dude, you can put down your NOW picket poster now. :rolleyes:
LOL...dude, it just seemed a little vicious, that's all.[/b]
It was. These guys are scumbags. Had it been me I would have told her what was up and ran away to Mexico with her in hopes of getting a piece for saving her life. laugh

Re: Sopranos countdown! - 02/03/06 07:46 AM

Little Carmine gave up power to johnny sack in the second to last episode I think.

Will be interesting since Phil and Tony have never gotten along to have Phil technically Tony's superior now.

Re: Sopranos countdown! - 02/03/06 08:53 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by schteve:
Little Carmine gave up power to johnny sack in the second to last episode I think.

Will be interesting since Phil and Tony have never gotten along to have Phil technically Tony's superior now.
Phil Leotardo is in Johnny Sacks family -- and Carmine never offically named a successor, though I think it would be between Little Carmine and Johnny. Johnny just took it. But now that Johnny is in jail, word has it Phil is "acting boss"... though I'm sure you will agree that Johnny will not relinquish control.

I don't think that Phil is Tony's superior - though the NJ family is much smaller then Sack's NY family, Tony always stood up to Johnny and Carmine. He's certainly not afraid of Phil (remember when he chased him down in his truck and caused Phil to crash?). Tony will need to respect Phil, especially if Johnny appoints him as acting boss. But Johnny's not dumb enough to let Phil do anything too negative to Tony... especially while he sits in jail.

Re: Sopranos countdown! - 10/03/06 07:35 PM

<<>>

2 days!!!!
I cant fucking wait.
Posted by: Claus

Re: Sopranos countdown! - 10/03/06 08:35 PM

AND IN HD !!!!!!!

"So," rails his mom, Carmela (Edie Falco), "every time I said to you, 'How's work?' and you said, 'Fine,' you were having your own private little joke on me?"

"What's going on?" says Tony, entering through the front door.

"I went to Blockbuster today to rent 'Cinderella Man,' " Carmela fumes, "and guess what?"

"It still sucks."

"I found out that our son, the liar, had been fired three weeks ago!"

"From Blockbuster!" Tony is a mix of rage and bewilderment. "How the f--- do you do that? They got rhesus monkeys as managers there!"

Re: Sopranos countdown! - 10/03/06 08:51 PM

Phil is still pissed that Tony didn't let him lay into his cousin with a blowtorch an pair of pliers. Little Carmine bowed out because he was too much of a pussy at the time. Johnny Sack was on his way to Miami to deal with him. What conversation didn't take place since he got pinched? With Jersey and NY in joint projects isn't it in NJ's favor to get behind Lille C before Phill decides to whip it out and show who's is bigger?

Anthony is starting to get a little more industrius and he likes the idea of having his minions fight his battles. He wasn't the football player that Tony was but is he going to be better at delegating tasks?
Posted by: Matt Peckham

Re: Sopranos countdown! - 11/03/06 08:07 AM

All I gotta say is, DVR ROCKS!

Re: Sopranos countdown! - 12/03/06 02:44 PM

TONIGHT AT 9:00 ON HBO

LITTLE OVER 3 HOURS FROM NOW smile

Re: Sopranos countdown! - 13/03/06 06:10 AM

Uncle Junior scared the crap out of me when he came out of the dark hallway spoutin off and guns a'blazin!

Too bad what's-his-named hanged himself. His wife is hot and I was hoping to see more of her.

How pissed is Tony gonna be when he learns Carmella's house needs to be torn down and started again? Well, after he gets over the hole in his stomach.

Re: Sopranos countdown! - 13/03/06 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Doug703:
Uncle Junior scared the crap out of me when he came out of the dark hallway spoutin off and guns a'blazin!
No shit! Whatta great way to start the season.

Re: Sopranos countdown! - 13/03/06 03:27 PM

When did Christopher make Captain?. DID we see Janice get knocked up?. Give Meadow a boob job and she will be pokeable.

I love uncle june!.."I am missing my uppers", "I had a Banana in there" should have been alarm bells for Tony to keep an eye on him.

Also the FEDS have their grabs on quite a few of the family.

I taped it and will watch it again....

Re: Sopranos countdown! - 13/03/06 03:37 PM

Awesome start to the season, there is a lot to see next week! I have already watched it three times just to take all of it in. Man did they cram alot into that episode. Still the best show ever on TV!
Posted by: NY Madman

Re: Sopranos countdown! - 14/03/06 08:18 AM

It's odd that Tony or even Bobby would allow Uncle Junior to have access to a gun in the house if he "really" has dementia.

I also thought it was interesting that Uncle Junior was watching "Paths of Glory" (a great film by the way).

Anyone else think that Meadow is going to be the heir apparant to the Soprano crime empire?

The feds on that show are definitely not portrayed too well.

Ray Curto died in this episode and he has been a snitch for the feds the entire 5 seasons.... and he was a Capo. Nothing ever came from that. This is where the show is very unrealistic.

I love the show, and this season looks to be better than the last couple of seasons which really were'nt that good. Just a few occasional good episodes scattered throughout.

Re: Sopranos countdown! - 14/03/06 08:43 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by NY Madman:
It's odd that Tony or even Bobby would allow Uncle Junior to have access to a gun in the house if he "really" has dementia.

I bet there's guns hidden all over the house that even Jr. doesn't know are there.

Oh and retire? LOLOLOOLOLOLOL. Right.

At least it should have been "Tony, here's an envelope, can I take a vacation to Florida?"

Dummy!

Re: Sopranos countdown! - 14/03/06 09:02 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by socalpunX:

[QUOTE]I bet there's guns hidden all over the house that even Jr. doesn't know are there.
In actuality the answer would most likely be no.

Junior was already on trial by the feds, so his home would have been completely searched in the past. Then he was under "house arrest" for a period of time and the feds would also have had access to his home during that time period. No wiseguy worth his weight in provolone would have kept firearms in the home during that time.

But then again, it's just TV.

Re: Sopranos countdown! - 14/03/06 09:19 AM

Quote:
I also thought it was interesting that Uncle Junior was watching "Paths of Glory" (a great film by the way).
Most of the t.v. shows that characters watch, particularily Tony and the History Channel, are put there on purpose by David Chase. Often they foreshadow what is going to happen.

Quote:
Anyone else think that Meadow is going to be the heir apparant to the Soprano crime empire?
no. What drew you to that conclusion?

Quote:
Ray Curto died in this episode and he has been a snitch for the feds the entire 5 seasons.... and he was a Capo. Nothing ever came from that. This is where the show is very unrealistic.
Didn't the Feds investigation of the real-life mob, via Donnie Brasco, last for several years?? That makes me believe that the Ray Curto thing was realistic. Plus he wasn't the only snitch, obviously. The unrealistic thing here is that of all the Fed snitches that have been "whacked"... the Feds never seem to find anything. Pussy ran away to Puerto Rico, Adriana fled to the West Coast... What if, in the end, one of the main characters ended up being a undercover Fed?? It couldn't be Sil, Paulie or Christopher -- they have known Tony all their life.

Re: Sopranos countdown! - 14/03/06 10:00 AM

After Band of Brothers, this is the only TV series I have ever liked. I have the entire collection on AVI and plowed through it prior to this past Sunday. Looks like the series take into account that it is now almost 2 years later.

I wonder how Tony gets help....anyone care to wager?

Re: Sopranos countdown! - 14/03/06 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Claus:
When did Christopher make Captain?. DID we see Janice get knocked up?. Give Meadow a boob job and she will be pokeable.

I love uncle june!.."I am missing my uppers", "I had a Banana in there" should have been alarm bells for Tony to keep an eye on him.

One year passed on the show in the two years since the last episode.

It's not hard to fathom that Christopher was rewarded with a promotion after giving up his girl in a huge demonstration of family loyalty. After all, family is everything.

Janice was bound to get knocked up since she had her claws into Bobby and wanted to seal the deal. Although, what happened to his kids?

Meadow will never got controll of the soprano Family. How many other women are in charge? It doesn't happen. Look what happened to..shit...(The Boss that Tony suceeded) his wife who owns the body shop. She's nobody that get's fucked with.

It was interesting though that Carmella was very interested in the fact that she was making her own money and bought her own car as opposed to having her husband buy it for her. Anyone else catch that dynamic?

I can see Meadow getting a conscience and becoming a DA or a Fed Atty. before she acts as council for the mob. She is the liberal studies major remember. I just need to know: is Fin safe from sexual harassment now that he's going to marry her or will he still be getting is blowjob from his newly svelt love interest?

Re: Sopranos countdown! - 14/03/06 10:08 AM

Quote:

Quote:
[b]Anyone else think that Meadow is going to be the heir apparant to the Soprano crime empire?
no. What drew you to that conclusion?[/b]
Just a hunch. I think they are grooming her character to be a sociopath in waiting. Maybe ala a Michael Corleone type, only female.

We have already seen the show introduce female "bosses" as seen by that hot babe that ran the mob family in Italy.

Meadow has never allowed anyone to make any negative comments against "the family", and I'm not just talking about her immediate family. She is just like Tony in many ways. (the brother is not). There have even been words of dialogue over the years saying she is just like Tony. She is turning out to be the calculating one. She will be like Michael Corleone and the brother will be a Fredo type.... if you allow the comparison.

Just a prediction. I think when the show finally does end, Tony will be dead and Meadow will be giving orders. I think the show will end on that premise. I could be wrong, but it's just a feeling.

Quote:

Didn't the Feds investigation of the real-life mob, via Donnie Brasco, last for several years?? That makes me believe that the Ray Curto thing was realistic. Plus he wasn't the only snitch, obviously. The unrealistic thing here is that of all the Fed snitches that have been "whacked"... the Feds never seem to find anything. Pussy ran away to Puerto Rico, Adriana fled to the West Coast... What if, in the end, one of the main characters ended up being a undercover Fed?? It couldn't be Sil, Paulie or Christopher -- they have known Tony all their life.
I'm not sure if Donnie Brasco was under for five years. It was a long time and what he did was by far unprecedented.

Let us not forget that Donnie Brasco (Joe Pistone) was not a Capo. He was not even a "made" guy. He was an FBI agent that got close by becoming an "associate".

In real life it is almost unheard of a Capo wearing a wire for the feds. It doesn't happen, and the times it has happened have been extremely rare. It would not take five years for the feds to build a case and bring indictments if they had an actual Capo.

Let's also not forget that five seasons of the show doesn't equate to five years in calender time on the show. So in the show, Curto would have been wearing a wire for at least seven years, maybe more taking into account he was doing it since the beginning of the show. Having a Capo all those years makes it unrealistic. Especially since nothing has come of it.

But then again, now that Curto is dead, maybe we will see some major fed actions soon against Tony or his Capo's. Who knows. I doubt it though. The feds have a new informant on the show in the NY family.

The feds have just been portrayed badly on the show. Having a guy like Curto and the writers did nothing at all with that. Instead they spent all that time with the Adrianna-fed thing on basically nothing.

None of Tony's close "gumbas" will ever come out as feds. They can't. Besides the fact that they've know him all his life, they've all also committed major crimes including murder and undercovers can't do that.
Posted by: TravelingFool

Re: Sopranos countdown! - 14/03/06 10:10 AM

Meadow has one heckuva camel toe! Nice dance!

Re: Sopranos countdown! - 14/03/06 10:21 AM

Quote:

Meadow will never got controll of the soprano Family. How many other women are in charge? It doesn't happen. Look what happened to..shit...(The Boss that Tony suceeded) his wife who owns the body shop. She's nobody that get's fucked with.

It was interesting though that Carmella was very interested in the fact that she was making her own money and bought her own car as opposed to having her husband buy it for her. Anyone else catch that dynamic?
You are confused. Angie Bonpensiero, who owns the body shop, was Big Pussy's wife. The Captain (not boss) that Tony took over for was Jackie Aprile (wife: Rosalie and son was Jackie Jr.). Both Pussy and Jackie are dead.

Carmella was surprised because at one point she saw Angie working in a grocery store. Another seperate time before that, Angie told Carmella (while in the grocery store) that she needed money to get her dog some medicine. That's what spurred Tony smashing the windows of her Caddy out. He later gave her the body shop that Pussy (her dead husband) used to run.

Quote:
We have already seen the show introduce female "bosses" as seen by that hot babe that ran the mob family in Italy.
David Chase admitted in an interview recently that he regrets he had written a female boss into the show, let alone one that attractive.

Re: Sopranos countdown! - 14/03/06 11:25 AM

Yeah, you're right. I turned them into one character. Point being: no female bosses and the surviving wives are damn close to cut out of the family.

It could all just possibly end with a wedding.

Meadow?

Just as The Godfather began with one.

Re: Sopranos countdown! - 20/03/06 11:54 AM

Worst episode ever!

WTF was that about?!?
Posted by: TravelingFool

Re: Sopranos countdown! - 20/03/06 12:10 PM

I saw the premier last week, but I'm stuck in Toronto with no HBO this week. Did the 911 call get through to help Tony?

Re: Sopranos countdown! - 20/03/06 12:11 PM

Yeah, the call got through and Tony is in an induced coma.
Think...really crappy dream sequences.
It sucked. It was like a bad episode of Days of our Lives. I kept waiting to see Patrick Duffy in the shower.
Posted by: GrayHam

Re: Sopranos countdown! - 20/03/06 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by xterrapin:
Yeah, the call got through and Tony is in an induced coma.
Think...really crappy dream sequences.
It sucked. It was like a bad episode of Days of our Lives. I kept waiting to see Patrick Duffy in the shower.
My prediction?

The entire series will turn out to be the dreams of an autistic little boy, whose father was a mob-boss in the dreams, but in reality? A janitor.

Cause that's never been done . . .

Re: Sopranos countdown! - 20/03/06 12:34 PM

There was a lot of symbolism in last nights show. At the end where Carmela kept asking Tony to speak to her, then in the dream he picked up the phone but then hung up. Also the girl on the phone he keeps talking to in the dream sure doesn't sound like Carmela. The episode was very boring.

Re: Sopranos countdown! - 20/03/06 12:42 PM

A couple of points to mention from the show: the Homeland Security guys and the Middle Easterners at the Bada Bing; an obvious terrorist sub-plot coming soon.
Juniors mention of Tonys depression, Junior possibly setting up his defense? Maybe he wasnt crazy after all.

Re: Sopranos countdown! - 20/03/06 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Mostly_Harmless:

There was a lot of symbolism in last nights show. At the end where Carmela kept asking Tony to speak to her, then in the dream he picked up the phone but then hung up. Also the girl on the phone he keeps talking to in the dream sure doesn't sound like Carmela. The episode was very boring.
Hell yeah..... there was a ton of symbolism in last nights episode.

Seem's that Tony is in purgatory and that purgatory is Orange County, CA. smile

There was so much symbolism, you really need to watch the episode more than once to catch all of it.

His wife on the phone definitely isn't Carmela. It was also a little wierd to see Tony speaking in a "non-Jersey wiseguy" type accent.

Was the Asian doctor also one of the Buddhists that approached Tony in the lobby of the hotel?

Re: Sopranos countdown! - 20/03/06 01:06 PM

The voice of "Carmella" sounds like her friend who's son (and hubby?) was killed...the one Carmella was having a snack with when AJ came over.

Speaking of a snack...wow, how about that belly wound? Looked like chip dip. That was one time I really didn't want the crystal clear quality of HD. [Huh?]

Re: Sopranos countdown! - 20/03/06 01:27 PM

Quote:

The voice of "Carmella" sounds like her friend who's son (and hubby?) was killed...the one Carmella was having a snack with when AJ came over.
No. It definitely wasn't her. You're talking about Ro Aprile. She has a distinctive voice and the wife on the phone was definitely not her.

I don't think the woman's voice on the phone was any character from the show. I think it was just suppossed to not be Carmela since in the dream, or purgatory, Tony's life was different.... even the way Tony spoke. The daughter's voice that came over the phone was also different and younger.

Quote:
Originally posted by xterrapin:

A couple of points to mention from the show: the Homeland Security guys and the Middle Easterners at the Bada Bing; an obvious terrorist sub-plot coming soon.
Christopher had a good line to the FBI guys while in Satriale's saying ..."Fieldcrest reported a truckload of towels missing".

They already had a small terrorist subplot with the Matush thing. Maybe those two from the Bing are tied in somehow. You never know.

Re: Sopranos countdown! - 20/03/06 01:55 PM

If AJ goes through with shooting Junior, will he have to suffer the consequences of attacking/killing a "made" guy?

Re: Sopranos countdown! - 20/03/06 02:13 PM

Absolutely.

His only saving grace might be the embarrasment issue. Are there reprocutions for Junior? But AJ really is nobody. Look at tony's cousin Tony and all he did was kill the brother of a made guy. Didn't Tony have ...DAMN I'm shitty with names...the son of the previous boss killed when he became a fuck up, dropped out of school and started selling drugs and getting into Meadow's pants?

And Madman , I saw it as more of a what if than a purgatory. What if he had lived a normal life with a normal family and a normal job. His whole life has been filled with guilt and regrets so as he is laying on his possible death bed why not ask : What if?

Re: Sopranos countdown! - 20/03/06 02:20 PM

Quote:

His only saving grace might be the embarrasment issue. Are there reprocutions for Junior? But AJ really is nobody. Look at tony's cousin Tony and all he did was kill the brother of a made guy. Didn't Tony have ...DAMN I'm shitty with names...the son of the previous boss killed when he became a fuck up, dropped out of school and started selling drugs and getting into Meadow's pants?
You are talking about Jackie Jr. The fat capo Vito shit him in the back of the head.

Quote:
And Madman , I saw it as more of a what if than a purgatory. What if he had lived a normal life with a normal family and a normal job. His whole life has been filled with guilt and regrets so as he is laying on his possible death bed why not ask : What if?
Watch it again. You are missing tons of clues. It might not be an actual purgatory, but if it is in Tony's mind, he is seeing it as his personal purgatory.

There were loads of clues... even to heaven and hell being on either side of the town. What about what the bartender said? Did you catch that?

Watch it again.

Re: Sopranos countdown! - 20/03/06 02:24 PM

AJ get's a job at Blockbuster....guess how long it lasts.
Posted by: PrimeX

Re: Sopranos countdown! - 20/03/06 06:45 PM

I'm pretty sure that the alternate wife was Charmaine. They dated in high school if I'm not mistaken, and Charmaine turned him down because of his mafia life or something like that. The Buddhist thing was indeed hilarious.

And regarding Vito, there was a bit where he was sneaking around the hospital. Combine that with his quote from last week about, "Tone not being around forever" (something like that), and it's safe to assume that he's looking to finish off Tony and move up the ladder.

And the Alzheimer's thing to me seemed more like a conscious bit of anxiety seeping into his unconscious dream. I'm sure the lighthouse has some sort of significance, but I can't quite place it.
Posted by: dano

Re: Sopranos countdown! - 20/03/06 06:53 PM

He's trapped it purgatory. The beacon of light is heaven out on the horizon the fires on the other side of town are hell. The questioning of himself, who he is and all that are just part of being judged.

As far as the Fed's, I feel they are going the pork store to get the next "rat" which may be Christopher to get the "terrorists" which the feds will use as cover to get their next in on the family since all their insiders are now dead.

How about Vito's comment about Eugene saying how "maybe he was homo" for killing himself. Lol that was classic.

Re: Sopranos countdown! - 21/03/06 06:14 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by dano:
How about Vito's comment about Eugene saying how "maybe he was homo" for killing himself. Lol that was classic.
I said the same thing: "That is classic!" In next week's scenes you see him grabbing Finn's arm and Finn looks scared.

Remember last season?: "Say 'what's up Vito?'"

Re: Sopranos countdown! - 21/03/06 06:36 AM

Quote:
Quote:

[b]His only saving grace might be the embarrasment issue. Are there reprocutions for Junior? But AJ really is nobody. Look at tony's cousin Tony and all he did was kill the brother of a made guy. Didn't Tony have ...DAMN I'm shitty with names...the son of the previous boss killed when he became a fuck up, dropped out of school and started selling drugs and getting into Meadow's pants?
You are talking about Jackie Jr. The fat capo Vito shit him in the back of the head.

Quote:
Watch it again. You are missing tons of clues. It might not be an actual purgatory, but if it is in Tony's mind, he is seeing it as his personal purgatory.

There were loads of clues... even to heaven and hell being on either side of the town. What about what the bartender said? Did you catch that?

Watch it again.[/b]
Ok I don't have it on DVR so tell us what the bartender said! Also I didn't realize that there was a fire going on, on the other side of the city, I must have really missed that. I just hope every other show this season isn't like that.

Re: Sopranos countdown! - 21/03/06 06:40 AM

Quote:
Quote:

[b]His only saving grace might be the embarrasment issue. Are there reprocutions for Junior? But AJ really is nobody. Look at tony's cousin Tony and all he did was kill the brother of a made guy. Didn't Tony have ...DAMN I'm shitty with names...the son of the previous boss killed when he became a fuck up, dropped out of school and started selling drugs and getting into Meadow's pants?
.[/b]
Jackie Jr. was part of the group that robbed the poker game and killed two(?) guys and shot some others, including Furio. Some of these guys at the poker game were "made". Jackie Jr. and his crew had to pay. Ralphie sent Vito to whack him. Sidenote: Vito and Jackie Jr. were cousins

Re: Sopranos countdown! - 30/03/06 06:50 AM

Did nobody watch this past Sunday???

- Lots of tension within the leadership ranks.
- "Somewhere Over the Rainbow" playing at the end of the episode
- Tony asking "What is that beacon?"
- the most obvious was walking into that house and leaving all his "baggage" behind.
- How did Christopher and Bobby know what AJ was planning on doing??
- Bobby is going more and more irritated and I bet this will lead to a big meltdown.

What else?

Re: Sopranos countdown! - 30/03/06 07:06 AM

They knew about AJ's plot to kill the mummy (lol) because he tried to get a gun from some guy, and the guy reported it to them. Looks like Tony is going to be back on his feet in the next episode. Thank God for that! I was beginning to think he was gonna be in that damn comma for the whole season!
Posted by: buck

Re: Sopranos countdown! - 30/03/06 07:40 PM

The "wife" on the phone that Tony was talking with was the woman who was the Mercedes saleswoman he had an affair with, almost strangled, and who killed herself in a later episode. The woman in the doorway of the house in the infinity scene was Tony's mother; he knew if he went in, there was no return. With each new episode we get more clues.........

Re: Sopranos countdown! - 04/04/06 07:10 AM

Anyone see Sunday's episode?

In the meantime... check these out...

http://clayguy.com/id24.html

Re: Sopranos countdown! - 10/04/06 08:26 AM

Has interest in this show on the XOC died?

Last nights episode was pretty good. The future of a few characters on this show is looking pretty bad.

Rusty (Frankie Valli) is going to get whacked... or at least someone is going to try. Johnny Sac has serious problems now that he broke down crying in front of everyone.

And let's not forget the fat sexual deviant Vito has to get clipped now that the cats out of the bag.

Re: Sopranos countdown! - 10/04/06 08:32 AM

Could Tony rise to control NY and NJ?

I didn't even think Vito (aka whipitgood) would be clipped. It seemed that it ended with him either plotting his own suicide (that would be a recurring theme this season) or (based on the call to Sil) he was going to track down the family collectors that were in the club.

Re: Sopranos countdown! - 10/04/06 08:57 AM

Quote:
Could Tony rise to control NY and NJ?
No. That could never happen in real life, so the writers wouldn't make a mistake like that.

Quote:
I didn't even think Vito (aka whipitgood) would be clipped. It seemed that it ended with him either plotting his own suicide (that would be a recurring theme this season) or (based on the call to Sil) he was going to track down the family collectors that were in the club.
I think he called Sil to see if he knew anything yet.

It was pretty stupid for Vito to be in a place like that... dressed like that. I mean wouldn't a mobster like Vito know that the place pays protection money and it's just possible that a collection could be made while he was there? Stupid move all around on the part of Vito.

I don't think they will have him commit suicide. Maybe the Witness Protection Program. Who knows.

What do you think is up with Chris and the Muslims looking for Tec-9's? It might be interesting to see where that goes.

Here's an article on the leather clad capo....

Click Here....

Re: Sopranos countdown! - 10/04/06 09:04 AM

Did anyone else catch Meadow's disghust at Johnny's treatment at his daughter's wedding?

"The governemnt really did that?"

That was her first step towards taking her law career to represent the dark side.

It would be too easy for leather boy to flip since he isn't really into his wife anyways. Besides, yet another suicide? Not going to happen.

Frankie Vallie stays and Johnnie is losing face quickly. Now that they know how wear he really is they are concerned for themselves. He wants to kill a possible sucessors but succession might come sooner rather than later.

Re: Sopranos countdown! - 10/04/06 09:06 AM

Vito looked hot in those chaps. I almost fell of my chair when I saw that scene.

Anthony JR gets fired from his job at Blockbuster and shit hits the fan.

Vito wacks himself

and Chris get in trouble for supplying the heat to the 2 guys...

Re: Sopranos countdown! - 10/04/06 09:21 AM

"What's a guy have to do to buy a guy a drink."

Man...

He's going to whack himself alright, just not with a gun.

The gun thing is going to lead Cris to connecting dots that shouldn't be connected and roll over on Muhammad and Abdul as terrorists.

Re: Sopranos countdown! - 10/04/06 09:23 AM

Quote:

Did anyone else catch Meadow's disghust at Johnny's treatment at his daughter's wedding?

"The governemnt really did that?"

That was her first step towards taking her law career to represent the dark side.
I caught that. I don't know what to make of it, but I have always thought all along that Meadow will eventually wind up on the dark side. Just don't know yet in what capacity.

Quote:
Frankie Vallie stays and Johnnie is losing face quickly. Now that they know how wear he really is they are concerned for themselves. He wants to kill a possible sucessors but succession might come sooner rather than later.
Rusty has to go. Remember he is the one who hired Tony's cousin (Steve Buscemi... a.k.a Tony Blundetto) to whack Phil Leotardo's brother. Phil won't let Rusty live. Besides Rusty has sided with Carmine Jr. in the NY family power struggle... right? Another reason he has to go from Phil's point of view.

Re: Sopranos countdown! - 11/04/06 09:21 AM

Quote:
The gun thing is going to lead Cris to connecting dots that shouldn't be connected and roll over on Muhammad and Abdul as terrorists.
Remember when he ran into the Feds earlier this season (the one guy who was working on Adriana) and they asked Chris if he knew anything about terrorism? My first thought is that he turns the guys in who want the TEC-9's. But what if he gets them the guns and he himself gets in trouble with the Feds?

Anybody else think that Tony beating up his driver was staged? Especially considering his weakened condition I don't believe he could have stopped a punch thrown by a guy that strong. Rememember, he wanted to show everybody that he was still strong considering the fact they all saw him faint at the wedding.

How hot is Meadow this season? DAMN.

Re: Sopranos countdown! - 11/04/06 10:11 AM

Meadow, robe, kitchen = HOT!

Meadow , dress , wedding = Still HOT!

Re: Sopranos countdown! - 11/04/06 11:12 AM

Quote:

Anybody else think that Tony beating up his driver was staged?
I don't know. I doubt it.

Tony was obviously worried about appearing weak. His decisions were being second guessed, most especially by Christopher. When he was standing there, he sized up everyone in the room and called out the bodyguard. Probably because he was the biggest and appeared the strongest.

If it was planned, wouldn't he have a better excuse than to pick a ridiculous fight over the refrigerator door? Plus he was puking blood in the bathroom. That would mean he hurt his wounds or something. Then he gave himself that sinister smile in the mirror telling himself "he's back".

Nah... I doubt it was supposed to be planned.

Meadow is looking pretty good. Maybe divorce suits that actress. :p

Re: Sopranos countdown! - 23/04/06 10:13 AM

Here's to some good action this evening!

Will Vito settle in sunny New Hampshire, with two cats in the yard?

Is Chris dealing with terrorists?

Can Tony still crack heads at the Zoning and Permits office?

Hmmm... maybe I now understand why ratings are down.

[Sleep]

Re: Sopranos countdown! - 01/05/06 11:12 AM

What the gay?

Anyone want to join me for johnnycakes and a nice Harley ride through the countyside? Good God!

The sins of the father visiting the son. Pannick boy Jr.

What the gay?

Re: Sopranos countdown! - 01/05/06 12:25 PM

I'm just glad Tony didn't cheat on Carmella!

Re: Sopranos countdown! - 01/05/06 12:45 PM

I think Junior really is senile. Has he ever called AJ "Anthony" before? And how could a man like the old Junior beg a teenager to take him home? Seems like his delusions are getting the better of him and he really is losing it. How about the heartfelt moment when Tony realized why AJ attempted it?

Christopher is killing me with the one-liners this season!! [LOL]

What was it with Tony's temper when he came back into the house after almost cheating on Carmella?

I appreciate the fact that this season the thongs on the girls at the Bada Bing don't go up to their armpits. It used to be like those scenes were filmed in 1991. [Freak]

Re: Sopranos countdown! - 02/05/06 07:50 AM

Quote:
What the gay?

Anyone want to join me for johnnycakes and a nice Harley ride through the countyside? Good God!

What the gay?
They are stretching the gay thing too much. What's next? Vito marching in the New Hampshire Pervert Pride Parade?

Re: Sopranos countdown! - 02/05/06 09:34 AM

The actor that plays Artie Bucco was busted yesterday.

http://www.nypost.com/news/regionalnews/67857.htm

Also.... The actor who plays Tony's driver, Perry, was busted over the weekend.

http://www.nypost.com/news/regionalnews/67869.htm

Dumbfellas ......

Re: Sopranos countdown! - 03/05/06 03:36 PM

Quote:

What was it with Tony's temper when he came back into the house after almost cheating on Carmella?

I think Tony's thought process is that he "gave up something" and she better "damn well appreciate it".
Posted by: Stonecoldchavez

Re: Sopranos countdown! - 05/05/06 07:28 PM

Quote:
Quote:
[b]What the gay?

What the gay?
They are stretching the gay thing too much. What's next? Vito marching in the New Hampshire Pervert Pride Parade?[/b]
I need less gay and more Bada Bing!!

That blond this past weekend that Tony was staring at was hot.

Stone

Re: Sopranos countdown! - 06/05/06 08:05 AM

Quote:
Also.... The actor who plays Tony's driver, Perry, was busted over the weekend.
I realllllly wanted to see more of him this season.

Re: Sopranos countdown! - 07/05/06 08:41 PM

lame episode tonight.

Anyone watching Big Love? Way entertaining. Boobies too!

Re: Sopranos countdown! - 07/05/06 09:04 PM

Big Love is great! Excellent acting.

Sopranos was weird tonight. But still enthralling.

Re: Sopranos countdown! - 08/05/06 07:49 AM

Anyone catch the, "You're doing a heck of a job there Brownie." line in last nights episode?

That was awesome!

Re: Sopranos countdown! - 08/05/06 11:58 AM

Paulie Walnuts is going to pieces. (At least it was good to see him back with his mother/aunt without yelling at her).

I like when they have Bobby mean and angry. We need to see more of that.

I like Christopher's new wife. She's hotter than Adriana. Chris is a fuckup.

"We're the Vipers!"

The episode was a little lame. I don't know what's going on because there is only a few more episodes left this season.

Re: Sopranos countdown! - 16/05/06 03:35 PM

Quote:
What the gay?...........
What the gay?
You know....

I mean....

If ....

(Shakes head)

I give up

Re: Sopranos countdown! - 16/05/06 04:00 PM

"I love you Johnnycakes"

The people that make this show, gave up a long time ago on actually continuing to make it the show that became popular in the first place.

Re: Sopranos countdown! - 21/05/06 08:12 PM

Regarding AJ's yellow Xterra...

Tony bought that for him years ago, and all of a sudden in this episode it was a 2005 model? Oversight!

But then again, who thought a buncha nerds from an Xterra club would notice that?

Re: Sopranos countdown! - 22/05/06 03:18 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by MidnightX:
Regarding AJ's yellow Xterra...

Tony bought that for him years ago, and all of a sudden in this episode it was a 2005 model? Oversight!

But then again, who thought a buncha nerds from an Xterra club would notice that?
And I thought I was the only one to notice that
smile

Re: Sopranos countdown! - 22/05/06 08:46 AM

And so it begins. War! What is it good for? Absolutely nothing.

Vito, Vito, Vito. Trapped in a closet. They sure played up phil coming out of the closet (metaphor) like the grim reaper didn't they. And the pool cue. Nice touch. But hey, homicide is justifiable when it's a sin. Hate the sin, love the sinner. HA!

Did we really need to travel to France for Carmella's spiritual awakening? Eveyone dies dear, especially when they are in your husbands line of work. Reality is setting in. Who will be the next casuality? AJ cannot be groomed. He's too much of a pussy. Is he going to toughen up working in the union or run away with is tail between his leggs.

Just when things are getting good it's coming to and end.

Re: Sopranos countdown! - 23/05/06 06:37 AM

It was a good episode this week.... after a very disappointing season.

I'm glad Vito was whacked. Phil committed a serious breach of mob protocol by doing it. Tony should have at least pretended to be pissed off about it when he heard the news in front of his guys.... because of mafia protocol. Tony seemed more pissed about his guys breaching mob protocol by killing Fat Dom.

It definitely looks like war.

I was surprised about Carlo saying "Sil hit him first" when Tony came into the pork store and saw Fat Dom's dead body.

One of the best lines after finding out Vito was whacked ..."Wish I borrowed some money from him".

Phil yelling to shut the TV off while talking to Vito's wife and the bodybuilders came on the screen. [LOL]

Re: Sopranos countdown! - 23/05/06 06:32 PM

No one notice the "Casino" reference?

The way Vito was beaten with bats/batons. Phil (Frank Vincent) did that to Joe Pesci and his brother in the movie Casino in the cornfield. Then buried them alive. I still cringe to this day when that scene comes on.....

I noticed the 2005 Xterra door handles the first thing! How pathetic are we? smile I wish Tony would push AJ's head through the window.

Stone

Re: Sopranos countdown! - 24/05/06 07:01 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Stonecoldchavez:
[QB
I noticed the 2005 Xterra door handles the first thing! How pathetic are we? smile [/QB]
I noticed the rear fender first, then the door handles confirmed it for me. smile

Re: Sopranos countdown! - 24/05/06 08:36 PM

Hey so wat do u think the Conclusion is going to be, maybe Tony gets killed or arrested?

Re: Sopranos countdown! - 25/05/06 06:04 PM

Nah, to early. What will do with the 8 episodes next January then?

I wished they would have shown more of Christopher's new wife. She is H-O-T-T! Better than that 1985 lookin' skank Adriana.

I also pissed they made Uncle June a demented wuss. In the early years, he used to have the best lines.

I believe Meadow is moving to Cali.

AJ should get his ass kicked, by some one.

I think Paulie Walnuts is going to get whacked. Whether it is by some one else or Bobby.

Tony HAS to retaliate against Phil.

Stone

Re: Sopranos countdown! - 29/05/06 01:43 PM

No Soprano's last night???
Posted by: krisjon

Re: Sopranos countdown! - 29/05/06 02:48 PM

Quote:
They just replayed the last 3 episodes as a build up to the season finale June 4th.

Re: Sopranos countdown! - 30/05/06 07:06 AM

Quote:
I'm guessing it didn't make a lot of sense to have the season finale on the weekend of Memorial Day considering how many people were out of town on vacation.

Re: Sopranos countdown! - 05/06/06 12:58 PM

I'm surprised that no one has discussed the season finale last night.

What did everyone think?

Some of the episode was good, but it was lame. Too much Christopher last night. Not enough mob business.

I think giving Phil a heart attack was a cop out for the writers just to kick one of the storylines further down the road to next year.

On a scale from 1 to 10, I give the whole season, maybe a 6. A bit disappointing.

Re: Sopranos countdown! - 05/06/06 01:08 PM

Last night was no cliffhanger. Boring.

Now if Phil had been seriously injured by that blast... that would have set up a serious war.

Re: Sopranos countdown! - 05/06/06 01:49 PM

Let's take a poll, who is Phill's crew going to Off?. My bet is on Christopher.

I am going to watch the season again (have it on HD DVR). I enjoyed it as much as the other ones...I am happy that we saw less shrink this time.

OH! and the Muhammed's in the strip club, what is going to come of them?

Re: Sopranos countdown! - 05/06/06 02:17 PM

Quote:
Let's take a poll, who is Phill's crew going to Off?. My bet is on Christopher.
He would be a good bet. Phil already said they can't whack a boss, so they would hurt Tony by killing someone close to him.

If they really wanted to hurt Tony's "DeMeo Family", they would kill Silvio. That would hurt the "earnings" more than killing Christopher, but it's personal in a way, so Chris is the top candidate.

Quote:
OH! and the Muhammed's in the strip club, what is going to come of them?
My guess is nothing, but who knows.
Posted by: Powerguy38

Re: Sopranos countdown! - 05/06/06 02:20 PM

Just like the whole season. Boring. [Sleep] If this is the best they can come up with, just end it now. [ThumbsDown]

Re: Sopranos countdown! - 06/06/06 03:58 AM

yeah, way lamer than the season ender on Big Love. Whooo, Anthony gets laid. Yay.

Re: Sopranos countdown! - 06/06/06 04:40 AM

Quote:

On a scale from 1 to 10, I give the whole season, maybe a 6. A bit disappointing.
4/10 and that's being kind. lame season and an even lamer finale. [ThumbsDown]

Re: Sopranos countdown! - 06/06/06 07:51 AM

Quote:
Quote:
[b]Let's take a poll, who is Phill's crew going to Off?. My bet is on Christopher.
He would be a good bet. Phil already said they can't whack a boss, so they would hurt Tony by killing someone close to him.

If they really wanted to hurt Tony's "DeMeo Family", they would kill Silvio. That would hurt the "earnings" more than killing Christopher, but it's personal in a way, so Chris is the top candidate.[/b]
Yeah, but Phil is still very angry about his brother being whacked and since Christopher is family to Tony it might be Phil's way of giving it back to Tony x2. (Remember, he is also still pissed that Tony S. didn't let him whack Tony B.)
Posted by: Auditor_Kevin

Re: Sopranos countdown! - 09/04/07 01:12 PM

So what did everyone think of last night's final season premier?

That fight between Bobby and Tony was classic. You could feel it building up towards it for at least 5 minutes. I got a good laugh out of Bobby fleeing the scene and ramming the back of his truck into a tree.

There's no way Tony's gonna forget about that little scuffle, either.

So far, so good with the final season.

Re: Sopranos countdown! - 09/04/07 01:30 PM

It was alright.

I would like to have seen more gangster stuff such as the New York crew plotting against Tony's New Jersey mobsters.

I liked the fight between Tony and Bobby. The way the camera focused on Bobby punching him in his stomach... (were his gunshot wound was)... I was thinking they were going to make Tony more hurt than he wound up being.

I like the character of Bobby better when he is angry and asserts himself. Tony deserved that shot in the face.

Maybe Bobby will wind up as the boss by the end of the season. Who knows.

Re: Sopranos countdown! - 09/04/07 01:32 PM

Good opener.

I thought something was going to happen from "across the lake". The way they kept showing it, seemed like something would happen.

Tony, Jr's comment about "our neighborhood" was classic.

Re: Sopranos countdown! - 09/04/07 05:56 PM

I thought the episode was so-so. They need/should tie up the last 2 years though.

Tony was funny, "under the boardwalk....."

He deserved the punch, but he ain't goin' to forget it!

I wish that hag sister of his would get wacked. Anyone notice how the kept complimenting each other on being great parents, but she spent ZERO time with the little girl?

Bobby is going to get f*cked because of the ripped shirt possibly.

I liked how Tony hung up on Christopher. ahaha!

NYMM- I agree. I want to see more NY mob planning. Me thinks they are going to wack Christopher to get back for Phil's brother. But the logical move would be Silvio or Paulie Walnuts - guys that are good earners.

I wanna kick AJ, jr.s ass! What a little punk. I did notice the "our neighborhood" comment, as did Tony and Carmela.

I want to see more of Meadow and Christopher's wife! Carla Buona (sp?) is HOTT!!

Stone