ARB touchup

Posted by: koalakilla

ARB touchup - 14/01/04 08:58 PM

What do yall with black ARBs use to touchup any rust spots? I have some underneath from where it looks like a car drove under my bumper and into part of it and also some on the top.
Posted by: ChuckH

Re: ARB touchup - 14/01/04 10:01 PM

ARB has a touchup paint available that you should be able to get from an ARB retailer. Mine came with a bottle, but what was left I gave to another club member. Mine gets a complete paint job every couple years.
Posted by: OffroadX

Re: ARB touchup - 15/01/04 07:36 AM

Don't know about the ARB, but a can of semi-gloss black Rustoleum did a fantastic job on my TJM. If I hadn't oversprayed onto my license plate and the TJM sticker, you wouldn't even know.

Brent
Posted by: koalakilla

Re: ARB touchup - 15/01/04 09:35 AM

Thanks for the replies, I'll check the 4wheelparts store today...hopefully I can keep from buying any other stuff I dont really need for the truck.
Posted by: Hawkeye

Re: ARB touchup - 16/01/04 07:41 AM

I was talking to a local powdercoat shop, they said that they would sandblast and powedercoat it for $75-$100.00. That will be my next project I think, at least then it will be gloss like the rest of my truck, and won't get that oxidated look.
Posted by: imacsae

Re: ARB touchup - 16/01/04 11:42 AM

Krylon semi-flat black is a perfect match for the ARB bull bar. Don't waste money on some ARB touch up paint which may be more expensive.
Posted by: Erik

Re: ARB touchup - 29/01/04 10:04 AM

I use a flat black paint pen I got from Hobby Lobby. It holds up great and matches almost perfect.
Posted by: rfritz

Re: ARB touchup - 29/01/04 10:17 AM

I used semi black, it isn't perfect, but I am running into trees, grocery carts, ect.