products for bumpers?

Posted by: emma520

products for bumpers? - 17/02/02 01:55 PM

Hello. I just got a new xterra. what products do you guys use to clean and preserve the plastic bumpers? I tried a turtle wax product and it looks real bad.

Emma
Posted by: Schludwiller

Re: products for bumpers? - 17/02/02 03:04 PM

Mud. laugh
Posted by: OffroadX

Re: products for bumpers? - 17/02/02 03:34 PM

Mothers Back to Black is my fave.

And it smells yummy smile

Brent
Posted by: krisjon

Re: products for bumpers? - 17/02/02 04:35 PM

I agree. Mother's Back to Black is the only way to go. It'll keep your bumpers, handles and trim pieces looking showroom new.

It's not hard to find...most auto supply stores like Pep Boys, etc. should have it.
Posted by: Schludwiller

Re: products for bumpers? - 17/02/02 04:46 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by OffroadX:
Mothers Back to Black is my fave.

And it smells yummy smile

Brent

I still have a bottle sitting in my garage. Never have gotten around to using it. I've had my truck for 2 years now and except for the tree scratches the plastic still looks good with just car-soap and water.

Re: products for bumpers? - 17/02/02 07:09 PM

Try it, you don't know what "good" really looks like...

Brent
Posted by: markk

Re: products for bumpers? - 19/02/02 12:18 PM

Thanks to Brent, I tried Mother's B-to-B. It's great stuff! I've only applied it once, about 2-3 months ago, and it still looks great!
Thanks Brent!

Markk
Posted by: markk

Re: products for bumpers? - 19/02/02 12:22 PM

Thanks to Brent, I tried Mother's B-to-B. It's great stuff! I've only applied it once, about 2-3 months ago, and it still looks great!
Thanks Brent!

Markk
Posted by: coferj

Re: products for bumpers? - 20/02/02 07:14 AM

I use B2B, and it makes the bumpers and door handles look great...just one prob. For some reason, it can't do anything with the plastic peice under the windshield. I apply time after time and it still looks faded...wonder if I should just replace it? Any ideas?

Re: products for bumpers? - 20/02/02 11:32 AM

The cowl where the wipers come out? Does fine for me. Might try rubbing it into the texture with a toothbrush.

Be sure to wipe off the excess.

Brent
Posted by: coferj

Re: products for bumpers? - 22/02/02 05:45 AM

Thanks offroadx, I'll give that a try...b/c the cowl is looking rough nowdays. [Smoking]
Posted by: SE-V6

Re: products for bumpers? - 25/02/02 08:59 AM

This is going to sound strange, but many Wrangler owners use Peanut Butter (creamy please) on the fender flares, they swear that nothing works better laugh
Posted by: PSchoolen

Re: products for bumpers? - 13/03/02 11:44 AM

what product would you recommend for getting scuffs cleaned up on the plastic gray rear bumper?