Armor All Wipes

Posted by: gearhead1972

Armor All Wipes - 01/05/01 07:28 PM

Has anyone tried these yet? I just saw them today,they are great.They come in a container just like baby wipes.Probably old news to most.

------------------
Kevin
00' Super Black SE 5 speed
superblackxterra.tripod.com
Not promising? Let's face it, lining up 43 guys on lawnmowers might be
more interesting than a repeat of Sunday's performance.
Posted by: spike

Re: Armor All Wipes - 01/05/01 07:45 PM

I picked some up a few months ago. They're a great idea, but I never really got them to rip out right. And they're same ol' greasy Armor All, so I ditched 'em.

------------------
'01 SE Just Blue 4x4
-PNWX member-
Posted by: XOC

Re: Armor All Wipes - 02/05/01 12:08 PM

Armor-All sucks the life out of any plastic or rubber.
Best not to use it.

------------------
Regards,
Ian
Posted by: ILUVMYX

Re: Armor All Wipes - 02/05/01 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by xoc:
Armor-All sucks the life out of any plastic or rubber.
Best not to use it.

Very true, but there is some stuff on the market that is truly a protectant. It's called 303 Protectant and you can get it at any autoparts store. It's a bit more expensive than Armor All, but it actually works.

------------------
Eric Konarske & Lara, my X
'01 Solar Yellow XE 3 Pk. 4x4
Posted by: BigTom

Re: Armor All Wipes - 02/05/01 04:39 PM

so should I not use Armor-All on my tires??

------------------
"Why do today what you can put off untill tomorrow?"

Re: Armor All Wipes - 02/05/01 05:56 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by BigTom:
so should I not use Armor-All on my tires??

I wouldn't really worry about it on the tires since they get replaced multiple times throughout the trucks life, so cracking isn't a huge deal. But on black trim, I'd never use it. I learned the hard way that Armor All's so called protective qualities are a bunch of BS.

------------------
Posted by: imacsae

Re: Armor All Wipes - 02/05/01 08:39 PM

huh oh darn I use a ton of armor all is it bad to use on the inside dash and other plastic .

dang what should I use then.

------------------
'01 super black XE 4x4
name: VADER
Posted by: Carl

Re: Armor All Wipes - 02/05/01 09:02 PM

Try not to use any "Armor All" type products on your vehicle. Water Based products in general tend to hurt your vehicle more then help them, and once used, creates that dull look unless you put more on.

------------------
-Carl
Silver XE 4x4
5-Speed
Posted by: sundevil845

Re: Armor All Wipes - 02/05/01 09:59 PM

Does anyone know how well Son of a Gun protectant works on plastic? I used it on leather for years and it kept my dash great even under the Arizona sun, but I haven't used it for plastic.

------------------
2000 Super Black
Xterra SE 2WD

Re: Armor All Wipes - 03/05/01 05:37 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by imacsae:
huh oh darn I use a ton of armor all is it bad to use on the inside dash and other plastic .

dang what should I use then.

Try this . It's called 303 protectant and you can get it at any autoparts store. Their website is a bit cheesy--it makes it look like one of those "miracle" products. But the stuff does get excellent reviews.

------------------
Posted by: Griffin2020

Re: Armor All Wipes - 03/05/01 07:04 AM

The bad thing about Armor All, is that once you start using it, you have to keep using it. If not, the dash-etc will start to break down. I have had good luck with the I think it is Protectant 2000 (?) It comes in a flourescent green bottle with a BRIGHT orange label. It grabs your eyes, but the stuff works. It is not too shiny (I only use armor all hi-gloss before a big date..lol) But the other stuff has restored several ugly looking dashes on used cars......

------------------
Posted by: ALPINE-X

Re: Armor All Wipes - 01/06/01 11:33 PM

Dido on the super protectant, it seems to work well without making your dash look like a greased pig

------------------
01 Alpine Green 4x2,
V6, utility and power pkg
Posted by: ATFrontier

Re: Armor All Wipes - 02/06/01 04:58 AM

Almost all vehicles including the Xterra that have been built in the last 10 years have UV protectant chemicals in the vinyl and plastic used in the interior of the vehicle. Just use a damp cloth to keep them clean. On the outside, use a petroleum based treatment.

------------------
01 Goldrush XE w/3 pack
MAINFRAMES are back..PC's make good doorstops
Posted by: Kerensky97

Re: Armor All Wipes - 03/06/01 01:57 AM

Has anybody tried the Meguiar's Dash protectant? It looks white and greasy like Armor All but i'm pleased with Meguiar's wax and hope it would be just as fine of product.

------------------
2000 Silver Ice V6 4x4 3pak
"People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they seldom use."
Posted by: rbbarker

Re: Armor All Wipes - 03/06/01 12:07 PM

Armor All-No
303 Protectant-Yes

good info gents.

------------------
Posted by: Ben Dawson

Re: Armor All Wipes - 03/06/01 09:57 PM

I've used the armor-all wipes and noticed that they leave a lot of white fuzz behind. Not too good when you want your dash CLEAN.

------------------
Do or do not, there is no try.
Posted by: Xrugger

Re: Armor All Wipes - 04/06/01 06:40 AM

Same for the ArmorAll window wipes. They leave more streaks and fuzz than they remove.

------------------
Joe
No Officer, I'm not naked. I'm wearing my Xterra.
Posted by: cynomin

Re: Armor All Wipes - 05/06/01 03:54 PM

yeah i have tried the 2000 protectant and that works really well, not to greasy either....

------------------
Posted by: cynomin

Re: Armor All Wipes - 05/06/01 03:55 PM

yeah i have tried the 2000 protectant and that works really well, not to greasy either....

------------------