glass cleaning

Posted by: Xterra Kid 2003

glass cleaning - 23/06/03 05:13 PM

what products do you use too keep your glass clean? right now i am using some Windex Multi-surface and it sucks. It leaves a greasey film on the windows. Would regual Windex do better or what about Eagle One 20/20 or some other similer product?
thanks
[Wave]
Posted by: DocNo

Re: glass cleaning - 23/06/03 05:48 PM

No Touch Auto Glass Stripper (Click Me)

Works great, takes off anything including hard water spots (works great on shower doors in the house too smile )

I follow it up with 2 coats of Rain-X - the Stripper really gives a good base for the Rain-X. Lasts forever...

Rain-X keeps the windows "slippery" - dirt just wipes off, rain slides off - at highway speed you don't need to use your wipers. At practically any speed you don't need to use your wipers if you have a good coat...
Posted by: DocNo

Re: glass cleaning - 23/06/03 05:49 PM

Oh, and for the inside windows smile I use Kroger's store brand window cleaner - no streaks and does a good job getting the inside of the windshield clean from what gasses-off of the dash...
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: glass cleaning - 23/06/03 06:32 PM

I use invisible glass by Stoner. Use newspaper instead of a rag. Works great.
Posted by: silverxglider

Re: glass cleaning - 23/06/03 06:34 PM

Use newspaper to dry the windows off. Newspaper plus store-brand windex-stuff is amazing.

Edit: you beat me to it, dirt32.
Posted by: FANOF5

Re: glass cleaning - 27/06/03 03:03 PM

best results i have gotten is when i use newspaper to wipe clean, just be careful of ink smearing around laugh
Posted by: J.P.

Re: glass cleaning - 27/06/03 08:23 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by DIRT32:
I use invisible glass by Stoner. Use newspaper instead of a rag. Works great.
Ditto. That stuff is the best I've used.
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: glass cleaning - 30/06/03 06:04 AM

Newspaper and Vinegar water...no streaks.
Posted by: Cygnus-X1

Re: glass cleaning - 30/06/03 09:45 AM

Another tip, try and clean them at night or when it's cloudy out. I find that whenever I clean my windows in the sun I always end up with a haze. I can't see it right away, but usually later on I can see it from the inside. Cleaning them at night near our post light gets them nice and streak/haze free.
Posted by: XCJ

Re: glass cleaning - 06/07/03 05:49 PM

I heard that it isn't good for the windows to use household windex or other glass cleaners on the outside of the windows. I can't remember why, but I still don't use it. Has anybody else heard of that?

I use rain-x on the outside and just regular glass cleaner on the inside. Don't waste the good stuff on the inside glass.