Sprite Xterra

Posted by: i8a4re

Sprite Xterra - 09/07/03 01:42 PM

A few days ago I saw the Sprite Xterra parked at a mall, and I had my camera with me, so I took a picture for anyone who cares to see it.

Posted by: RI Xterra

Re: Sprite Xterra - 09/07/03 02:16 PM

Thats pretty cool....
Posted by: FANOF5

Re: Sprite Xterra - 09/07/03 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by RI Xterra:
Thats pretty cool....
i agree.
Posted by: rb42

Re: Sprite Xterra - 09/07/03 02:32 PM

I wonder if that's someone that getting paid for an ad firm putting stickers on their drive, or if Sprite really owns it...

RedBull does that down here.. they pay like $300 a month to advertise on your car - if you don't mind being tracked by GPS and have the model they want, plus will drive in to get it inspected every month....

-=RB
Posted by: XCFreak

Re: Sprite Xterra - 09/07/03 02:37 PM

rb42, you got a website link to the rebull ad thing? i wouldn't mind painting my X with a Red Bull ad for $300 a month.
Posted by: Big Daddy Chia

Re: Sprite Xterra - 09/07/03 02:41 PM

Sprite Ice???? Havent seen that one yet.
Posted by: Mobycat

Re: Sprite Xterra - 09/07/03 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by XCFreak:
rb42, you got a website link to the rebull ad thing? i wouldn't mind painting my X with a Red Bull ad for $300 a month.
It's not Red Bull, but it does the same:

Car Wraps

(Go to their "showcase" and you'll even see an Xterra used)

Re: Sprite Xterra - 09/07/03 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by rb42:
I wonder if that's someone that getting paid for an ad firm putting stickers on their drive, or if Sprite really owns it...

RedBull does that down here.. they pay like $300 a month to advertise on your car - if you don't mind being tracked by GPS and have the model they want, plus will drive in to get it inspected every month....

-=RB
I believe it's actually owned by Coke since it was full of Sprite when I looked in the window, and it's always parked at events here.
Posted by: Tungsten78

Re: Sprite Xterra - 09/07/03 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Chia:
Sprite Ice???? Havent seen that one yet.
Maybe it's a Canadian only soft drink for right now. You're not missing anything though, it's your everyday sprite in a minty form. Chew gum and drink regular sprite and you'll have the same effect.

It's really not very good.
Posted by: Shockinxterra

Re: Sprite Xterra - 09/07/03 04:44 PM

I was wondering. Is that a paintjob or are they just stickers?
Posted by: Big Daddy Chia

Re: Sprite Xterra - 09/07/03 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Tungsten78:
Quote:
Originally posted by Chia:
[b]Sprite Ice???? Havent seen that one yet.
Maybe it's a Canadian only soft drink for right now. You're not missing anything though, it's your everyday sprite in a minty form. Chew gum and drink regular sprite and you'll have the same effect.

It's really not very good.[/b]
Thanks I will make sure to avoid it then.
Posted by: X2K

Re: Sprite Xterra - 09/07/03 08:14 PM

I cant belive that out of all you people that replied, nobody noticed the important thing.
Its all you can eat ribs after 4 on monday laugh
Posted by: Ramness

Re: Sprite Xterra - 09/07/03 11:17 PM

Wow I had forgotten all about that Car wraps thing. I signed up for it when I bought my X, never heard from them.

You would think they would want advertising from someone that drives over 24,000 miles a year in Atlanta....
Posted by: ChuckH

Re: Sprite Xterra - 10/07/03 12:06 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by X2K:
I cant belive that out of all you people that replied, nobody noticed the important thing.
[b]Its all you can eat ribs after 4 on monday
laugh [/b]
I noticed that! Mmmm, ribs! laugh Did someone say something about an Xterra in the picture?
Posted by: DKX01

Re: Sprite Xterra - 10/07/03 01:24 AM

Ya see...that's cool, 'cause that person most likely either works for Coca Cola Co. or is at least in some way getting compensated for the artwork on thier vehicle if it's thier personal one....unlike the Ali vs Superman vs Jordan vs Looney Tunes catastrophe :p
Posted by: Cobrastrike

Re: Sprite Xterra - 10/07/03 06:09 AM

I too looked into this, and from what I remember the graphics are vinyl decals. This is why you have to go have you vehicle looked at by the company each month. If it's ripped or peeling they want to be able to correct it to keep up the company's image.

Re: Sprite Xterra - 10/07/03 06:39 AM

It's a really thick vinyl used on the X.

As for the Sprite Ice tasting like Sprite while chewing gum... I think the gum + sprite combo would taste better.... Sprite Ice tastes like toothpaste, and you DO get a refreshing taste, followed by a "what the hell did I just put in my mouth?" taste.
Posted by: rb42

Re: Sprite Xterra - 10/07/03 07:24 AM

Searching the net with google for "vehicle advertising vinyl" I got a few hits, one of which is adsonwheels.com.

They charge to register your vehicle and put you into a pool for advertising, but their terms don't seem to be too bad. I did note that you generally cannot move, have to drive around 800 miles or more per month, and may be required to have a battery powered GPS unit installed depending on the company doing advertising. They send you a 1099 at end of year, but don't deduct taxes from the monthly payments. There are other restrictions....

BUT THEY PAY $450 A MONTH!!

Hmmm... I can handle paying $50 (net) a month for my X car payments... no problem. smile

The X should be a good truck to advertise on, cause it's got a high profile and lots of space to advertise on.