Just bought antenna

Posted by: Anonymous

Just bought antenna - 12/05/04 01:33 PM

I just bought this antenna kit, including mount and coax, on ebay for $16.99.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=1501&item=3095981421&rd=1

I figure it will do the trick.
Posted by: Ramness

Re: Just bought antenna - 12/05/04 09:49 PM

how ya gonna mount it?

Re: Just bought antenna - 13/05/04 11:22 AM

I was planning on fabricating a bracket that would bolt onto my roof rack. I was going to have a bolt that I could loosen to fold it down when in town.

Still open to suggestions, though.

Re: Just bought antenna - 13/05/04 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by JeffW:
I was planning on fabricating a bracket that would bolt onto my roof rack. I was going to have a bolt that I could loosen to fold it down when in town.

Still open to suggestions, though.
I bought an ARB with a fold over/spring loaded mount and used it on my roof rack. After tooling around with a 4ft firestick I bought a 2ft. The 4ft was just too damn tall and smacked everything. The 2ft is much nicer. I fold it down when going in parking garages and other tight spots. I prefer to keep it up just in case I feel like using the CB.

Re: Just bought antenna - 14/05/04 02:33 AM

For mine I have…

This

Attached to one of these around the roof rack

With one of these

so I can fold this over on the roof.

and some of this

to connect it all to this.

All together it looks like this. Bad pic I know…
Posted by: XOC

Re: Just bought antenna - 14/05/04 05:13 AM

JeffW, if you'll be here Saturday for mod day, I should be able to scrounge up my EZ-Over for you.

Re: Just bought antenna - 14/05/04 08:47 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by xoc:
JeffW, if you'll be here Saturday for mod day, I should be able to scrounge up my EZ-Over for you.
Nice!

Very cool, Ian. I want to come over to show off the XOC sticker that OhioX gave me. (Thanks, OhioX)

As I've told Kev, I'm gonna try to make it. It's been a busy few weeks for us and we have plenty to catch up on. I really want to get out and get some practice (and help out) for when (god willing) the wife lets me get a lift. Maybe next year.

Re: Just bought antenna - 14/05/04 02:14 PM

Ramness,

Did you just run the coax cable inbetween the top of the hatch and the body?

Re: Just bought antenna - 14/05/04 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Phil R:
Ramness,

Did you just run the coax cable inbetween the top of the hatch and the body?
Yup, and then behind the taillight and coming in with the taillight wires.

Re: Just bought antenna - 14/05/04 05:48 PM

I did the same.

Ran it under the molding from the front to back seats then under the carpet in the cargo area... under the tailgate molding out the tail light up under the hatch.

Re: Just bought antenna - 15/05/04 07:30 AM

Ramness, is that a standard or no-ground antenna with that setup, and have you measured SWR? Did you need to do an electrical bond between the rack and body? I’m getting ready to put a CB in and that would be cheaper than the ARB mounting bracket. Looks good too.