Side Rubber Door Protector!

Posted by: Anonymous

Side Rubber Door Protector! - 28/05/04 12:00 PM

I just bought a new X and I was confused why I don't have any of the side rubber door protectors? Most of the 04 X that I saw have them. Is that a standard feature? do they sell that in the dealership? Where can I get them? Should I call the dealer and ask them why I don't have it?

Thanks for the inputs?

Re: Side Rubber Door Protector! - 28/05/04 12:20 PM

Body-side moulding. It's an option.
Posted by: CCX

Re: Side Rubber Door Protector! - 28/05/04 12:43 PM

http://www.xterraparts.com/Merchant2/mer..._Code=80871-XFR

smile

Re: Side Rubber Door Protector! - 28/05/04 01:23 PM

Oh okay thanks! I just keep on noticing all the new X has them... and I don't. I guess I will have to get them myself. It really serves its purpose specially the parking slots here in San Diego are all measured as compact!

I am suprise nissan did not put them as a standard accessory. Oh well!!!
Posted by: Jdawg

Re: Side Rubber Door Protector! - 28/05/04 02:39 PM

they serve more for looks then actual protection. but you can order em from xterraparts.com

Re: Side Rubber Door Protector! - 28/05/04 03:29 PM

Nah after calculating how much it will cost me I think it is least of my priorities.

xterraparts total for all sides is well over $200 bucks

Re: Side Rubber Door Protector! - 28/05/04 04:08 PM

I'm pretty sure the body side moulding is standard on the SE and an option on the XE.

Beautiful truck by the way. Welcome to the granite world. [LOL]

Re: Side Rubber Door Protector! - 28/05/04 05:39 PM

well the mouldings may offer a bit of protection but i think the side steps help alot with others doors not hitting the side off the struck. anything parked next to an x smaller than the x , the door would just bounce off the step right???

Re: Side Rubber Door Protector! - 28/05/04 07:38 PM

yellerxman you know what, you are right my friend!!! now im not that bothered anymore.
Posted by: KJ_dragon

Re: Side Rubber Door Protector! - 28/05/04 11:51 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by cataclyzm:
Nah after calculating how much it will cost me I think it is least of my priorities.

Whoa - I bought mines from xterraparts for around $70. What happened to raise the prices?
Posted by: Jdawg

Re: Side Rubber Door Protector! - 29/05/04 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by KJ_dragon:
Quote:
Originally posted by cataclyzm:
[b]Nah after calculating how much it will cost me I think it is least of my priorities.

Whoa - I bought mines from xterraparts for around $70. What happened to raise the prices?[/b]
Yeah the prices went up because they are being sold individually at 60 for the front and 35 in back and you have to get two for each side making it cost that much. I agree with you in that that is a complete waste of $200 and not worry about it.