See-Thru Roof Deflector Kit Ready For Sale!

Posted by: Sean

See-Thru Roof Deflector Kit Ready For Sale! - 26/10/02 07:51 PM

Finally, this see-through roof wind deflector kit is ready for sale! The good news is I have 5 kits ready to ship out to owners of 2000 - 2003 Frontier/Xterra owners (yes it fits the new style wind deflectors) who want to take full advanage of their sunroofs. The bad news is my supplier upped his price $10 due to unusable material leftover from the main Lexan sheet, so unfortunately I will have to pass on the increase. frown

So to be fair, I am starting the sale of these kits TODAY so the interested people who emailed me may reassess if they still want the kit or not (I won't hold them to anything). So the new price of the kit will be $75 plus ACTUAL shipping costs (via UPS, USPS, etc), and I'll accept money orders, bank checks, and personal checks (kit shipped when check clears). I'll also be offering these kits on ebay in the very near future (but at a higher price). Again I want to state that the UV resistant Lexan used for this modification is 3/16" smoke grey, and the kit includes (12) stainless steel fasteners/nylon lock nuts and instructions. Please send me a PM or email me if you're interested. Once the first batch sells out, I can reorder as many more as I like (1 week turn around). Here are some pic's of the kit, as well as what it looks like installed:

http://www.grovestreet.com/jsp/onepic.jsp?id=134357

http://www.grovestreet.com/jsp/onepic.jsp?id=128713

http://www.grovestreet.com/jsp/onepic.jsp?id=128716
Posted by: JerseyX

Re: See-Thru Roof Deflector Kit Ready For Sale! - 26/10/02 11:19 PM

Looks like it is very well made. I like it...but it's a damn shame i don't have a sunroof. laugh
Posted by: Alpine Hoy

Re: See-Thru Roof Deflector Kit Ready For Sale! - 27/10/02 05:34 PM

I like these. I'd like to see one on a 2002 X to see what it looks like. Thanks. Scott
Posted by: Xterrian

Re: See-Thru Roof Deflector Kit Ready For Sale! - 27/10/02 09:10 PM

I don't have a sunroof either so it doesn't really affect me, but come on man, $75? You need to find another supplier. I purchased Lexan for my business in Hawaii where they have to import it and I never payed that much.

Re: See-Thru Roof Deflector Kit Ready For Sale! - 28/10/02 05:02 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Xterrian:
I don't have a sunroof either so it doesn't really affect me, but come on man, $75? You need to find another supplier. I purchased Lexan for my business in Hawaii where they have to import it and I never payed that much.
It costs me $57.75 for the cut/routered/pre-drilled 3/16" Lexan (I don't cut it, a plastic design company does), $3.17 for the stainless steel fasteners, and about $5.50 for the custom sized shipping container (38"x13"x1 1/2"), for a grand total of $66.42 for each kit (profit of $8.58 each). I have so far invested about $100 into two prototypes, and I'll consider myself lucky if I break even. If you feel you can do better, then be my guest.
Posted by: XterraDiver

Re: See-Thru Roof Deflector Kit Ready For Sale! - 28/10/02 05:52 AM

Sounds like a reasonable price to me. I would even pay $100 if I had a sunroof. If Nissan had designed a sunroof that motored/slid/poped out of the way, I would have one installed.
Posted by: XTC Terra

Re: See-Thru Roof Deflector Kit Ready For Sale! - 28/10/02 02:32 PM

I want one. How?
Posted by: rho123

Re: See-Thru Roof Deflector Kit Ready For Sale! - 01/11/02 02:42 PM

I'm interested, but can you accept paypal?

Re: See-Thru Roof Deflector Kit Ready For Sale! - 03/11/02 05:41 AM

All,

Sorry, I don't take PayPal, but I do accept money orders, bank checks and personal checks (item shipped when check clears). Anyone who is interested can send me an email at "sqandbh@att.net". Thanks for expressing interest.

Sean
Posted by: Ag Bullet

Re: See-Thru Roof Deflector Kit Ready For Sale! - 03/11/02 04:49 PM

Sean,

I saw you are offering this for the Frontier on e-bay. Just an FYI, the farings are different sizes on the Frontiers. They are not as tall as they on the X. Kanda did my mod for me on my Frontier and told me that his jigs didn't fit and that he used a smaller piece of plexi than he would on an X. Just thought I would throw that out there before your acution gets bids...

Re: See-Thru Roof Deflector Kit Ready For Sale! - 04/11/02 07:13 PM

Ag Bullet,

The jig is easily converted to the "shorter" Frontier deflector (by about 3"). I'm seriously considering droping the Frontier kit mostly due to fact I've had no responses for it. Thanks for the heads up though.

Sean

Re: See-Thru Roof Deflector Kit Ready For Sale! - 05/11/02 03:55 AM

Nio problem. Feel free to join our board and post info in the FS forum...
Posted by: TravelingFool

Re: See-Thru Roof Deflector Kit Ready For Sale! - 05/11/02 05:55 AM

I don't have Sean's mod, I bought a sheet from Thor a loooooong ago. I can say however, if you have a sunroof you'll be kicking yourself in the ass for not doing this mod sooner. The difference in view, sunlight, and overall coolness is staggering. $75 is well worth the money. I cut one myself, drilled it, etc, and the work wasn't easy. To get one that is factory cut, smoothed, and pre-drilled will save you at least 2 hours of painstaking work with a dremmel tool.

Do it.

Re: See-Thru Roof Deflector Kit Ready For Sale! - 08/11/02 06:27 PM

***UPDATE FOR SEE-THRU DEFLECTOR KIT***

I am no longer offering the See-Thru Deflector kit for the FRONTIER (due to low demand). frown

This kit is now offered ONLY for 2000-2003 Xterra's. I have now set up an account with FedEx Ground (5 day delivery), and I'm currently setting up a PayPal account, able to accept payments by 11/15 payable to "sqandbh@att.net" (I still accept money orders, bank checks, and personal checks). The price per kit is still $75 and the shipping will now be $10 for shipment to the lower 48 states. By the way, I just received another shipment of 7 pieces, so get them while their hot! Thanks to all who expressed interest.

[Wave]

Re: See-Thru Roof Deflector Kit Ready For Sale! - 09/11/02 05:10 AM

Sean

I know there are some folks on the Frontier board interested in the mod. I am not gonna market it for you and maybe it is too much trouble to handle two products right away. Having said that, if you ever want to join our board at www.nissanfrontier.net and make some posts, I am sure you will get some interest. Just my two cents as I don't want you to sell yourself short...

Re: See-Thru Roof Deflector Kit Ready For Sale! - 10/11/02 05:53 AM

Ag Bullet,

Thanks for the invite to your board, but until I can think of a way to keep costs down by offering the two deflectors, I'll only be offering the kit for the 2000-2003 Xterra's. The problem is how many deflectors can be cut from the Lexan sheet. Currently 7 Xterra deflectors can be had from a sheet of Lexan with little waste. Throw the different size Frontier deflector in the mix and less deflectors are cut from the Lexan, thus more left-over waste, thus higher cost. The only way I could still offer the two different size deflectors would be to "cut" a whole sheet with just Frontier deflectors, but I've only heard of one response. So I'll stick to the Xterra deflectors for now. Thanks again for your offer to sell on your board.

Sean

Re: See-Thru Roof Deflector Kit Ready For Sale! - 10/11/02 06:42 AM

No problem. Good luck with them. They certainly make either truck more enjoyable...
Posted by: Xterradon

Re: See-Thru Roof Deflector Kit Ready For Sale! - 11/11/02 06:10 PM

Is there any increase in wind noise? Whistling?
Posted by: stormy

Re: See-Thru Roof Deflector Kit Ready For Sale! - 11/11/02 07:36 PM

Just so everyone here knows... Sean’s X is super clean. I mean it's so clean, I think he actually waxes under the hood and wipes it down with a diaper laugh .

The point is... if it's on his truck, it has to look good. Buy one!

Sean- UNO's in Woburn for a beer on Thursday? Bring one of those Deflectors to.
Posted by: TD17

Re: See-Thru Roof Deflector Kit Ready For Sale! - 12/11/02 08:08 AM

Sean's kit is very highly recommended. I received the kit in less than a week, and installed it this weekend. WOW, what a difference. The lexan is cut and milled very well, and the installation instructions were great. A little work with a Dremmel/skil saw and it was done in less than an hour. Thanks again Sean.
Posted by: PrimeX

Re: See-Thru Roof Deflector Kit Ready For Sale! - 12/11/02 09:10 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Xterradon:
None at all. Trust me, it's well worth the cash. smile

Re: See-Thru Roof Deflector Kit Ready For Sale! - 12/11/02 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Xterradon:

No difference what so ever in wind noise. If anything the deflector seems more stable at highway speeds.

Sean

Re: See-Thru Roof Deflector Kit Ready For Sale! - 12/11/02 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by stormy:

Just so everyone here knows... Sean’s X is super clean. I mean it's so clean, I think he actually waxes under the hood and wipes it down with a diaper laugh .

The point is... if it's on his truck, it has to look good. Buy one!

Sean- UNO's in Woburn for a beer on Thursday? Bring one of those Deflectors to.
How did you know I used a diaper? Damn, the secrets out! laugh

I can't make it this Thursday. The wife has classes on Tuesday & Thursday nights, so I have to stay home with my son. frown

How about this Friday? If so, I'll remember to bring a deflector kit.

By the way, did you upgrade your subwoofer yet?

Re: See-Thru Roof Deflector Kit Ready For Sale! - 12/11/02 02:40 PM

I can do Friday... Say 6:30?

Re: See-Thru Roof Deflector Kit Ready For Sale! - 12/11/02 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by TD17:

Sean's kit is very highly recommended. I received the kit in less than a week, and installed it this weekend. WOW, what a difference. The lexan is cut and milled very well, and the installation instructions were great. A little work with a Dremmel/skil saw and it was done in less than an hour. Thanks again Sean.
And thank you to everyone who's expressed interest in, or bought my deflector kit. I wouldn't even dream of selling a part for the Xterra if I didn't have one installed myself.

[Wave]

Re: See-Thru Roof Deflector Kit Ready For Sale! - 12/11/02 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by stormy:

I can do Friday... Say 6:30?
Sounds good to me. I'll see you then.

I'll let you do some of the talking this time ( I know I tend to ramble on about my shiny truck). wink
Posted by: mxitup

Re: See-Thru Roof Deflector Kit Ready For Sale! - 13/11/02 01:50 PM

Correct me if I'm wrong......Does this kit require that you "cut-up" the factory wind deflector, thus rendering it useless in the future?

I think the product is great, just want to make sure before I order.

Re: See-Thru Roof Deflector Kit Ready For Sale! - 13/11/02 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by mxitup:

Correct me if I'm wrong......Does this kit require that you "cut-up" the factory wind deflector, thus rendering it useless in the future?

I think the product is great, just want to make sure before I order.
Yes you have to cut the center piece out for this modification, but I wouldn't say that after it's installed it's "rendered useless", just better!

laugh

Re: See-Thru Roof Deflector Kit Ready For Sale! - 22/11/02 01:35 PM

Bump and installed mine and looks GREAT! Thanks Sean!
Posted by: BOOM

Re: See-Thru Roof Deflector Kit Ready For Sale! - 24/11/02 01:07 AM

Sean-Member-2001 Alpine Green-4X4 SE
WROTE this here..
It costs me $57.75 for the cut/routered/pre-drilled 3/16" Lexan (I don't cut it, a plastic design company does), $3.17 for the stainless steel fasteners, and about $5.50 for the custom sized shipping container (38"x13"x1 1/2"), for a grand total of $66.42 for each kit (profit of $8.58 each). I have so far invested about $100 into two prototypes, and I'll consider myself lucky if I break even. If you feel you can do better, then be my guest.

eek I ADD THIS HERE [LOL]
Damn i work at a LASER factoey here in Wisconsin.. i cut 1/8 clear or what ever color they want me too all night long nice CLEAN edges not none where you start and stop ... he he you know what i MEAN .. [Laughing] .sean.. :p a cad design and OFF I GO CUTTING >.. i could make a KILLIN on this if he charges 75 dollars for this .. i would make it for 25- 30 and then you could get your own bolts and SHIT.....well talk to you later.BOOM [Wave]
Posted by: Khaki_SE_X

Re: See-Thru Roof Deflector Kit Ready For Sale! - 24/11/02 03:12 AM

Sean,

I installed the kit... fit is fantastic, and it looks wonderful. Thanks for saving me hours or work.

Ken
Posted by: Erik

Re: See-Thru Roof Deflector Kit Ready For Sale! - 12/12/02 08:15 PM

Sean....do you have any more kits for sale?

Re: See-Thru Roof Deflector Kit Ready For Sale! - 13/12/02 05:04 AM

Erik,

I always have some on hand. When I run out, I just order another batch. Just as a reminder, the cost of each see-thru deflector kit is $75.00, PLUS $10.00 shipping/handling, for a total of $85.00. I accept PayPal, payable to "sqandbh@att.net", Money order, Bank check, and Personal check (kit shipped when check clears). I use FedEx Ground (5 days) for the shipper. Thanks for asking!

[Wave]
Posted by: jcwalsh1

Re: See-Thru Roof Deflector Kit Ready For Sale! - 15/12/02 04:09 PM

Sean,

What brand is your front bumper guard?

JW

Re: See-Thru Roof Deflector Kit Ready For Sale! - 16/12/02 04:20 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by jcwalsh1:
Sean,

What brand is your front bumper guard?

JW
It's a 2000 - 2001 WAAG Sportster in matching Nissan silver. I believe the Sportster has been discontinued, but some people have been lucky in locating them still.
Posted by: jorge

Re: See-Thru Roof Deflector Kit Ready For Sale! - 05/01/03 10:44 AM

Hey,
I just finished installing the kit. Looks great.

[img]http://www.envoid.com/image.php/id-445/fpThumb-275px[/img]

More pictures.

Thanks.

..jorge
Posted by: Xterradon

Re: See-Thru Roof Deflector Kit Ready For Sale! - 05/01/03 04:25 PM

I put mine in a couple weeks ago. Finally got some pictures up. This is the best! Very easy to install. Thanks Sean.
[img]http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0SgDdAi4W7UKo*Q5ALVOQJwcHBnuNIRY3aA!1wJZ3teONswiH1Sva5izIjT4hWegoEgFBDkj*hjCa8kyKS2qSDUXeBepQsDmk9zOJ!s!CqS4CCWCoMTPtsQ/Picture_0047.jpg?dc=4675404185296331210[/img]
[img]http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0SgDiAiwWc0Ko*Q5ALVOQJ7xg1TpmGtA7JH!6ZVGIHw31vfOaUCovTTWXcHvX9XTFPQ8GqNXHLf3iJC0UptxqaY9ApI1Hx*nxb8g2QrkgBe57Rbyu*Fsd8A/Picture_0045.jpg?dc=4675404185292879329[/img]
Posted by: OSUX

Re: See-Thru Roof Deflector Kit Ready For Sale! - 06/01/03 01:21 AM

Are you still offering this kit?

Re: See-Thru Roof Deflector Kit Ready For Sale! - 06/01/03 07:21 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by OSUX:

Are you still offering this kit?
OSUX,

Yes! I always have kits on hand for immediate shipping.

Jorge/Xterradon,

Great pic's guy's! Looks like you both did a super job. I'm glad you're happy with your kits, and thank you for your glowing reviews!

Sean

Re: See-Thru Roof Deflector Kit Ready For Sale! - 06/01/03 10:41 AM

Sean I have sent you the money via paypall I hope to see the product soon.

DG laugh

Re: See-Thru Roof Deflector Kit Ready For Sale! - 07/01/03 05:11 AM

Quote:

Sean I have sent you the money via paypall I hope to see the product soon.

DG laugh
Your kit gets shipped out today (1/7), hope you like it.

Re: See-Thru Roof Deflector Kit Ready For Sale! - 07/01/03 09:15 PM

Quote:
Your kit gets shipped out today (1/7), hope you like it.
Great I can't wait to see it and put it on.
I appreciate the fast processing time on your end

Re: See-Thru Roof Deflector Kit Ready For Sale! - 14/01/03 08:51 PM

Sean I just received my kit today everything looks great but I only received 8 of the 12 nut/bolt assembly's could you please get back to me so that I may get the rest of them?

Thank you,

DG

Re: See-Thru Roof Deflector Kit Ready For Sale! - 15/01/03 04:23 AM

Quote:

Sean I just received my kit today everything looks great but I only received 8 of the 12 nut/bolt assembly's could you please get back to me so that I may get the rest of them?

Thank you,

DG
OMG, my first issue with a kit! I'm sorry to hear about the missing fasteners, did the zip-lock bag that contains the instructions & fasteners have a hole in it? Send me an email at "sqandbh@att.net" with your name & address, and I'll be more than happy to send you what you need.

Sean
Posted by: Chiefweasel

Re: See-Thru Roof Deflector Kit Ready For Sale! - 18/01/03 08:39 AM

Thanks Sean, just installed mine and it looks great! Best money I've spent on my X yet! Very easy to install and the fit is perfect. I'll try to get some pics up soon.. laugh
Posted by: xtrek

Re: See-Thru Roof Deflector Kit Ready For Sale! - 21/01/03 05:27 PM

Sean

I installed the deflector kit over the weekend. It rocks! The kit was very professional.

Great job!

-xtrek
Posted by: njs1stlt

Re: See-Thru Roof Deflector Kit Ready For Sale! - 05/02/03 11:19 AM

Just wanted to let you guys know how easy it was to install the See-thru roof Deflector Kit, with just a few tools and a steady hand you too can have this excellent kit for your Xterra. What I really wanted to do is actually post some pictures showing each step of the Mod, first off Sean's directions are superb follow them to the letter and it will go off without issue. The following are Photo's taken at each step:

laugh http://www.picturetrail.com/njsboats

With these pics alone you should be able to do this, but don't do a thing without following each step of the instructions provided. I posted this because I realized that there may be some folks out there that are not good with written instructions or might just be literately challenged (joking) :-)... anyway I hope this helps anyone who may want to tackle this easy install. Sean thanks again for shedding some light into our Xterra's.
Posted by: Xwoman

Re: See-Thru Roof Deflector Kit Ready For Sale! - 05/02/03 04:01 PM

Sean,

Mailed you a check on Monday. Can't wait to get the kit. I think it looks awesome!

Re: See-Thru Roof Deflector Kit Ready For Sale! - 06/02/03 09:06 AM

njs1stlt,

Thanks for the great write-up w/pic's, I'm glad your happy with it. Please let me know next time you guy's go wheelin' in RI!

[Wave]

Sean
Posted by: RI Xterra

Re: See-Thru Roof Deflector Kit Ready For Sale! - 06/02/03 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by njs1stlt:
Just wanted to let you guys know how easy it was to install the See-thru roof Deflector Kit, with just a few tools and a steady hand you too can have this excellent kit for your Xterra. What I really wanted to do is actually post some pictures showing each step of the Mod, first off Sean's directions are superb follow them to the letter and it will go off without issue. The following are Photo's taken at each step:

laugh http://www.picturetrail.com/njsboats

With these pics alone you should be able to do this, but don't do a thing without following each step of the instructions provided. I posted this because I realized that there may be some folks out there that are not good with written instructions or might just be literately challenged (joking) :-)... anyway I hope this helps anyone who may want to tackle this easy install. Sean thanks again for shedding some light into our Xterra's.
Nick looks really good man. wink
I forgot that you told me you was planning on getting this...

Re: See-Thru Roof Deflector Kit Ready For Sale! - 07/02/03 08:38 AM

Xtreemly Happy with it, I've been stopped while driving and asked where to get one, I also had alot of sales personnel out looking at it while I was at Greggs Restaurant across from the Nissan joint in Warwick RI. Should have some folks comming your way Sean :-) laugh
Posted by: bigwood

Re: See-Thru Roof Deflector Kit Ready For Sale! - 08/02/03 08:45 AM

Just sent you the money for mine via paypal. Let me know when its gonna ship out. [Smoking]
Posted by: XtremeX

Re: See-Thru Roof Deflector Kit Ready For Sale! - 25/02/03 06:55 AM

Sean,

I'll be ordering mine tonight, via paypal. I think I can speak for many of us when I say "thank you for a job well done". I look forward to doing business with you. laugh
Posted by: Charles S

Re: See-Thru Roof Deflector Kit Ready For Sale! - 28/02/03 07:04 PM

My kit arrived today. I have alreay installed it smile . It took my about 1 hour for the install. The kit is great. I am very impressed with the fit and finish. I would highly recomend it to anyone interested. It has been a pleasure doing business.

Charles
Posted by: mikegronholz

Re: See-Thru Roof Deflector Kit Ready For Sale! - 02/03/03 07:45 AM

Sean,
You got PayPal from me !!!

Mike
Posted by: 00Xterra

Re: See-Thru Roof Deflector Kit Ready For Sale! - 05/03/03 07:24 AM

Sean,
I recieved my deflector kit last night and installed it in about an hour. The fit is perfect - having all that light is great. I highly recommend the kit. Thanks again -00Xterra
Posted by: tucka

Re: See-Thru Roof Deflector Kit Ready For Sale! - 05/03/03 10:21 AM

Sean,
I finally got a chance to install my kit. Installation was easy, and it looks great. Lots more light. Thanks a lot-tucka wink
Posted by: erikwm

Re: See-Thru Roof Deflector Kit Ready For Sale! - 05/03/03 01:06 PM

So what do you cut the hole with......and anyway you could email me directions so i can see how hard this is...i love the idea!

erik_21@yahoo.com

Thanks
Posted by: tucka

Re: See-Thru Roof Deflector Kit Ready For Sale! - 06/03/03 12:43 PM

I just cut the whole with a jigsaw, then cleaned up the edges with a file. There are probably better ways, but it seemed to work fine.

tucka

Re: See-Thru Roof Deflector Kit Ready For Sale! - 07/03/03 03:41 PM

I did mine same as tucka...jigsaw. Worked great and made a HUGE difference. Also, as it turned out, I ordered it last weekend, and it was here Thursday by 10am !!! Took about an hour to cut the stuff apart. The only mod I think I'm going to make is putting a small bead of black silicone on the part of the lexan that touches the plastic. I'm thinking this will keep the road dirt/water from creeping under the lexan. Anyway, Sean's kit is perfect !!!

Mike
Posted by: azdaren

Re: See-Thru Roof Deflector Kit Ready For Sale! - 09/03/03 12:50 PM

Hi There,

Just got home from a business trip and the first thing I did was install my deflector that Sean shipped quickly, thank you. Installation was simple. I think I could have done a better job on the edges of the cut out but it was the first time using my dremel ( a little tedious). Sean's directions were perfect. I would highly reccommend this kit.

Daren
Posted by: xterran01

Re: See-Thru Roof Deflector Kit Ready For Sale! - 13/03/03 12:48 PM

Looks like a real nice add-on, guys. My suggestion - if you use a jigsaw to cut the wind deflector,
1) use a fine tooth blade at medium speed - may keep you from having to do a lot of edge cleanup work and
2) put some masking tape on the underside of the blade table - that way you won't scuff up the remaining edges of the plastic as you move the saw. If you all already knew this, please accept my apologies for stating the obvious... [LOL]
Posted by: kstile

Re: See-Thru Roof Deflector Kit Ready For Sale! - 13/03/03 06:36 PM

I have to second everything azdaren said. It looks great, and the instructions were dead on. Thanks Sean!!!
Posted by: Xwoman

Re: See-Thru Roof Deflector Kit Ready For Sale! - 14/03/03 06:47 AM

Put the deflector on last week. It was easy and it looks sooo cool! If you have a sunroof you'll want one of these. Thanks Sean for putting it all together. This thing rocks.

Does anyone else in Illinois have one of these or am I the only one?

Re: See-Thru Roof Deflector Kit Ready For Sale! - 18/03/03 09:22 AM

Has anybody had one of these things on long enough to get a feel for how they stand up to scratches and scuffs, like from windblown sand or carwashes, etc.?
Posted by: TravelingFool

Re: See-Thru Roof Deflector Kit Ready For Sale! - 18/03/03 09:33 AM

I've had mine for two Minnesota winters and after a wash and sqeegie, it still looks brand new. After you do this mod, you'll kick yourself for not doing it sooner. I have no idea where my soft gray "sunroof cover" is anymore... probably in the garage somewhere.

Re: See-Thru Roof Deflector Kit Ready For Sale! - 18/03/03 09:36 AM

I've had mine in all of the elements including the heavy sanding and salting of the roads up here and have not had an issue. Remember this is not plexi-glass it is Lexan, which holds up to these conditions far better than plexiglass.
Posted by: rubbus

Re: See-Thru Roof Deflector Kit Ready For Sale! - 20/03/03 11:41 AM

I've had Sean's Lexan wind deflector for a few months now and it is GREAT!

I take it through the car wash with no problems.

It was really easy to install- I used a Dremel tool (make sure you have a corded one- not the cordless. Cordless is not strong enough.)

Sean was great to deal with. I highly recommend this kit!

-ROb
Posted by: BigE515

Re: See-Thru Roof Deflector Kit Ready For Sale! - 21/03/03 07:15 PM

Just installed the kit, thanks Sean. I'm no artist with the Dremel saw that's for sure!! Didn't come out as straight as I would like but it's hard to see anyways.
Posted by: rasj

Re: See-Thru Roof Deflector Kit Ready For Sale! - 29/03/03 03:43 PM

I ordered the kit on the 26th. It arrived today laugh Thanks Sean!

After installing it, I find myself asking why I didn't do it sooner. Nissan should offer the see through deflector as standard issue. What a difference! Installation couldn't have been easier. Just make sure to take your time with the cutting and it should look great.
One word of caution though. When tightening the lock nuts, don't put too much on them or the bolts will snap in two. eek I broke the first one off and I didn't feel like i was putting too much into it [Freak] . Nevertheless, if you do manage to snap one, replacements are easy enough to get. No worries.

Thanks Sean for a great mod kit. Well worth the $$ to not have to look for tinted lexan around here, and then cut it myself.

rasj

Re: See-Thru Roof Deflector Kit Ready For Sale! - 29/03/03 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by rasj:

When tightening the lock nuts, don't put too much on them or the bolts will snap in two. eek I broke the first one off and I didn't feel like i was putting too much into it [Freak]
Do you work out like 7 days a week? eek

Those machine screws are made of stainless steel! I knew Lexan was tough, but I would've thought that the new deflector piece would have cracked before the screw broke!
Posted by: rasj

Re: See-Thru Roof Deflector Kit Ready For Sale! - 30/03/03 05:42 AM

QUOTE]Do you work out like 7 days a week? eek

Those machine screws are made of stainless steel! I knew Lexan was tough, but I would've thought that the new deflector piece would have cracked before the screw broke![/QB][/QUOTE

Maybe I got screw from a bad batch then confused . The first one I installed broke pretty easy. It wasn't even completely "tight" either. I was not trying to tighten it too much for fear of breaking the lexan, but the nut never hit the "stopping point", it just snapped off. [Freak]

I went to the hardware store and grabbed a handful of replacements after that, just in case, but none of the others broke so all is well.
smile

Re: See-Thru Roof Deflector Kit Ready For Sale! - 30/03/03 05:35 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by rasj:

I went to the hardware store and grabbed a handful of replacements after that, just in case, but none of the others broke so all is well.
smile
Just let me know if you want a couple free replacement screws. I'd be more than happy to send you some.
Posted by: DueNorth

Re: See-Thru Roof Deflector Kit Ready For Sale! - 02/04/03 06:24 PM

I received the kit and the installation was relatively straight forward. The packaging is great and instructions straight forward (no images though).

You do need some skills to make good straight cuts with a dremel. I think my cuts were just OK. The lower cut is a bit tricky since there are plastic support columns behind it.

When screwing you might want to start with one side and work your way to the other side. The holes shifted a bit since marking (maybe because of the shifting of the plastic after the hole is cut) or somehow I marked it wrong.

Just wondering though, where could you get black rubber caps to hide the screw head? Right now you get more of a A-team look with all the exposed screw heads. I would like to hide them.

Overall, it is a good kit though the final quality of installation is based on your quality on making the cuts. Thanks Sean.
Posted by: BigE515

Re: See-Thru Roof Deflector Kit Ready For Sale! - 02/04/03 07:14 PM

You could take the screws out and paint the heads black or try the hardware store they might have some black screws.

Re: See-Thru Roof Deflector Kit Ready For Sale! - 02/04/03 07:34 PM

Be careful if you buy the blackened screws - they will rust in a heartbeat. You'd be better off painting the heads of the screws Sean provides - you can always retouch them if they get chipped or the paint wears off.
Posted by: X-tosh

Re: See-Thru Roof Deflector Kit Ready For Sale! - 03/04/03 12:41 PM

Question:
What about where "NISSAN" is painted in grey on the wind deflector, does that get cut off or right through the middle, or could it be left in and cut around? confused

Re: See-Thru Roof Deflector Kit Ready For Sale! - 04/04/03 07:19 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by X-tosh:

Question:

What about where "NISSAN" is painted in grey on the wind deflector, does that get cut off or right through the middle, or could it be left in and cut around? confused
Ideally, when making your deflector center piece cut out, the cut is made just below the "NISSAN" logo itself. If you like having the logo, you can always get a sticker/decal and place it on the new see-thru Lexan piece later.

Re: See-Thru Roof Deflector Kit Ready For Sale! - 06/04/03 10:38 PM

I just received my kit and finished up the installation. It was very well packaged, all parts were there, it fit perfectly and the instructions were straightforward. It looks great!

I used a jigsaw and my cutout looks
pretty fair - I find it easier to cut long straight (relatively) cuts with a jigsaw than a Dremel and the sawblade cut through the ribs on the back side of the deflector without any problems. I put a border of 2" masking tape around the edges of the deflector and traced my cut marks on the tape with a sharpie - easier to see for this old geezer! I drilled 1/2" holes at each corner to create a radius and cut from hole to hole. The tape also protected the ABS of the deflector from being scarred by the saw. When I was done with the cutout, I did some minor cleanup at the corners using a Dremel and a round abrasive grinding bit, then hand sanded the inside edges.

Not having a garage or a workshop, I did this in my kitchen. Total time:
Install deflector kit, about 45 mins.
Vacuum up lots of black chips of plastic 15 mins.
(The shit has an electrostatic charge that made it stick to my freaking cabinet doors!!)

Bottom line - a great product, easy to install, well worth the price and it really opens up the light coming in thru the sunroof.

As soon as the sun comes out in Houston again, I'll get some pictures.
Posted by: Pontifex

Re: See-Thru Roof Deflector Kit Ready For Sale! - 07/04/03 06:19 PM

I finally got around to installing my see-through wind deflector. Great job Sean. This thing rocks! cool The only thing that I can add is that I found it easier to cut the opening with a jig saw versus the dremel.

Jeff

Re: See-Thru Roof Deflector Kit Ready For Sale! - 08/04/03 07:39 PM

Speaking of black fasteners, and an "Xterra" logo sticker added to their new see-thru deflector, here are some pic's I received from nickd3e's awesome install:

http://www.grovestreet.com/jsp/onepic.jsp?id=174767

http://www.grovestreet.com/jsp/onepic.jsp?id=174766

Re: See-Thru Roof Deflector Kit Ready For Sale! - 09/04/03 10:05 AM

What I used to cover the screws were the little black plactic screw covers from home depot. The screw goes through the hole in the fastener, then the cap clips on top. No rust, no paint, no shine. Total cost, $1.50

Mike
michael.gronholz@verizon.net

Re: See-Thru Roof Deflector Kit Ready For Sale! - 09/04/03 11:04 AM

That's actually my X in Sean's latest pics. (nickd3e is my email addy). Anybody have any comments (good or bad) on the black powdercoated roofrack and white xterra decals? If anybody is considering doing the same, I got my decals from dansdecals.com. He has the Xterra logo graphic on file and can do any size and color you want.

Ciao!
Posted by: XTERRUSS5

Re: See-Thru Roof Deflector Kit Ready For Sale! - 09/04/03 01:03 PM

Sean-
Your deflector looks and sounds great, and has gotten many rave reviews. Probably in about a month, when I get home for the summer, I'll be looking to get on of your kits, so keep one on hold for me wink I'll be in touch, once my semester is done.

Russ
Posted by: DueNorth

Re: See-Thru Roof Deflector Kit Ready For Sale! - 10/04/03 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by mikegronholz:
What I used to cover the screws were the little black plactic screw covers from home depot. The screw goes through the hole in the fastener, then the cap clips on top. No rust, no paint, no shine. Total cost, $1.50

Mike
michael.gronholz@verizon.net
Do you happen to have a part number? I think I found something like it at Home Depot but it is flat and not curved enough to cover the whole top. It's black hard plastic and I was hoping for more rubbery one.
Posted by: doxman

Re: See-Thru Roof Deflector Kit Ready For Sale! - 14/04/03 04:28 PM

I installed Sean's product on Saturday. It took about an hour and half. I used a jig saw to make the cut and file to clean up the edges. I had used a red china pencil to mark up the original deflector, and it was a pain to remove. I wound up using 409 cleaner and a Scotch Brite pad to remove the red marks, and it scratched up the original deflector a bit. Sean's piece covers almost all of the scratches, and some Armor All covers the others. When it stops raining I'll try to post some pics.

Overall, it's a great addition. I've only had my X for 2 months and having my sunroof blocked by the original deflector sucked. I don't know how other people have had their X's for years and dealt with it....

--Don
Posted by: hapkido99

Re: See-Thru Roof Deflector Kit Ready For Sale! - 22/04/03 04:37 PM

Hi...I ordered my kit from Sean from all the way up in Canada. Recieved the kit today and everything is great.
The packing protected everything nicely and the kit included everything mentioned. Instructions were very straightforward and easy to follow. I installed the deflector today and everything went well. I used a jigsaw aswell and a dremel to smooth the edges and corners. Looks great and seeing as I have had my X for two years now, I cannot believe I hadnt put this kit on much sooner. An amazing difference, compared to the stock unit.
Thanks alot Sean, kit looks great and I wont hesitate to offer up the ordering info for any other canucks that are sure to ask me about it.
Posted by: Guido

Re: See-Thru Roof Deflector Kit Ready For Sale! - 22/04/03 09:27 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by xterran01:
Anybody have any comments (good or bad) on the black powdercoated roofrack and white xterra decals? Ciao!
How much did it cost to have the roof rack powdercoated? The powdercoating is peeling of my rack and I am curious as to how much it would cost to have it re-done.

Also, I would be interested in the part number for the black screw caps. I have an original Kandacarlson "Thor" mod, and I was just thinking to myself today that it would look better with black screws instead of the stainless ones.

Re: See-Thru Roof Deflector Kit Ready For Sale! - 22/04/03 10:11 PM

Guido,

I had it done at a local powdercoating shop here in Houston. A bit pricey at $125.00, but it broke down into six separate pieces when I removed it from the roof, so it was more for them to have to handle. I like the black against my white X, and the white logo really sets it off. I can tell you I have no problems picking mine out of the crowd laugh
Posted by: buffalo

Re: See-Thru Roof Deflector Kit Ready For Sale! - 28/04/03 10:44 AM

Hey sean, do you currently have any deflectors available.

Re: See-Thru Roof Deflector Kit Ready For Sale! - 28/04/03 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by buffalo:

Hey sean, do you currently have any deflectors available.
I have 6 currently in stock at this very moment.

Re: See-Thru Roof Deflector Kit Ready For Sale! - 28/04/03 02:44 PM

can you email me an exact price to zip code 90650, and what your preferred payment method is. thanx

Re: See-Thru Roof Deflector Kit Ready For Sale! - 28/04/03 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by buffalo:

can you email me an exact price to zip code 90650, and what your preferred payment method is. thanx
I'll send you a PM with all the information.

Sean
Posted by: X2K

Re: See-Thru Roof Deflector Kit Ready For Sale! - 28/04/03 03:44 PM

I bought one from this guy about 4 months ago. I was going to make one but decided to buy it instead. Its real nice. easy to install, and if you are much like myself and dont have to patience to ruin 3 pieces of lexan before you get it right then its easier to just buy it.
Posted by: TaX

Re: See-Thru Roof Deflector Kit Ready For Sale! - 07/05/03 02:55 PM

I have an 01 SE, I just purchased the wind deflector from Sean Q. and I am 100% satisfied! The installation was a piece of cake! He includes idiot proof directions which guide you through the install. It took me about an hour,(including clean-up) to complete this install. And it was well worth it! To those of you who have a sunroof w/out the see-thru deflector,you don't know what your missing out on!

Re: See-Thru Roof Deflector Kit Ready For Sale! - 12/05/03 10:16 AM

Ditto, Sean great job with the deflector, install was easy, istructions were pefect and i am really happy with the end product. thanx again.
Posted by: robblake

Re: See-Thru Roof Deflector Kit Ready For Sale! - 14/05/03 02:02 PM

sean, if you have another one, i'd be interested. i've sent you an email.

thanks.
Posted by: X - FACTOR

Re: See-Thru Roof Deflector Kit Ready For Sale! - 17/05/03 10:34 AM

Hi All

What is the best way to cut the old deflector? I saw that someone recommended a jigsaw vs a dremel tool. What is everyone's experience? I want to cut as straight as possible.

Would a Rotozip be ok?
Thanks
Posted by: wadspang

Re: See-Thru Roof Deflector Kit Ready For Sale! - 17/05/03 06:28 PM

A Rotozip should work just fine if it has a speed control.
I used a jigsaw and at first I had it cutting at to high of a speed and the plastic melted and welded itself back together.
After cutting I used a sanding block to clean up the rough edges. This took about 45 mins. but it looks perfect.
Just take your time and follow Sean's instrutions.

Re: See-Thru Roof Deflector Kit Ready For Sale! - 26/05/03 01:43 PM

Installed the See thru deflector today.

Instructions were great...idiot proof..easy to read.

Product is top grade material; great with the nuts and bolts!!!

Extremely satisfied...best $80 I spent for my X.

You should patent it and sell to Nissan.

THanks laugh

Re: See-Thru Roof Deflector Kit Ready For Sale! - 26/05/03 01:45 PM

BTW
I used a Black & Decker jigsaw that I bought at Home Depot for $40.

Re: See-Thru Roof Deflector Kit Ready For Sale! - 28/05/03 08:39 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by X - FACTOR:

Installed the See thru deflector today.

Instructions were great...idiot proof..easy to read.

Product is top grade material; great with the nuts and bolts!!!

Extremely satisfied...best $80 I spent for my X.

You should patent it and sell to Nissan.

THanks laugh
X-Factor,

Thanks for the glowing review, and I'm pleased you're happy with the kit. I just want to clarify for everyone that the price of my see-thru roof deflector kit is still $75.00 plus $10.00 shipping/handling to the lower 48 states (Alaska, Hawaii, and Canada based on actual shipping costs)

Sean
Posted by: ChrisNYC

Re: See-Thru Roof Deflector Kit Ready For Sale! - 31/05/03 02:47 PM

I'd like to thank Sean for putting together such a great kit. I ordered it Thursday evening and got it today, Saturday. Less than 48 hours later it is installed on my truck. Looks great!

One tip that I found useful was to use 1" masking tape, (the blue easy to remove variety), to relocate the traced lines on the deflector. The inner edge of the tape becomes the cutting line. Much easier than measuring 1" from the traced line and then drawing the cutting line.

I also painted the screw heads flat black by first lightly sanding the heads for better paint adhesion, and then sticking the screws through a piece of cardboard to make them easier to paint / handle.
Posted by: NetJunkie

Re: See-Thru Roof Deflector Kit Ready For Sale! - 01/06/03 03:57 PM

Just ordered my kit! Where can I get a replacement NISSAN decal for the deflector? I don't see one on xterraparts.com.
Posted by: XTERRUSS5

Re: See-Thru Roof Deflector Kit Ready For Sale! - 16/06/03 05:09 AM

I just got my deflector installed this weekend, it looks great and I have to concur with everyone else the directions were eay to follow and it is a mod you truly need if you have a sunroof. If anyone wants pics of the done deflector let me know, I also toook the xterra emblem from the back and put in ont he deflector in place of the nissan emblem. It looks great! Thanks Sean for the deflector!

~Russ