Are the factory spark plug wires NGK?

Posted by: cygnus67

Are the factory spark plug wires NGK? - 05/05/04 10:54 AM

During a price search for some replacement spark plug wires, I found several sites that show NGK makes a direct replacement set (NGK p/n NX14). They run about the same price as the OEM ones the dealers sell. Are they actually the same animal in different boxes or is one better than the other?
Posted by: ChuckH

Re: Are the factory spark plug wires NGK? - 05/05/04 11:38 AM

I bought the NGK set because at the time they were considerably less expensive than the Nissan ones ($15 - $20, IIRC). To be honest, I don't know if they are better or worse, but the construction is slightly different and they look pretty! laugh I do think the Nissan ones are probably made by NGK, but usually OEM is not the same as what companies offer for aftermarket replacements. All the sets that I saw advertised as high performance or such were just way too expensive. I think truckperformance.com has some now though that come in different colors and are less expensive than soemthing like the HotWires or whatever they are. Here's where I ordered the NGK's from. $55 and free shipping...I don't know if that's better than the price you've found.

N GK Xterra plug wires
Posted by: cygnus67

Re: Are the factory spark plug wires NGK? - 05/05/04 11:53 AM

Thanks for the link! The price is about what I've seen but you can't beat free shipping! [Smoking]
Posted by: sonnyc

Re: Are the factory spark plug wires NGK? - 05/05/04 12:15 PM

$50 here and free shipping too.

They have a local distributor in NorCal and I got the parts in 1 day. I ordered wires, cap and rotors from them. Great service.