Ultra low from Calmini

Posted by: ned946

Ultra low from Calmini - 17/06/02 10:19 PM

I haven't heard back from Steve so I'll post here. Anyone know if Calmini is going to go into production with the 3.7:1 low range? confused
Posted by: XOC

Re: Ultra low from Calmini - 17/06/02 10:25 PM

I hear 3.9:1 or so.
Posted by: Matt Peckham

Re: Ultra low from Calmini - 18/06/02 04:04 AM

nnnniiiicccceeee....
Posted by: Greenwood

Re: Ultra low from Calmini - 18/06/02 03:23 PM

What's the gearing stock?

Re: Ultra low from Calmini - 18/06/02 03:25 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Matt Peckham:
nnnniiiicccceeee....
2.02:1

Check the current Xterra crawl ratios here .
Posted by: CALMINI Products Inc

Re: Ultra low from Calmini - 18/06/02 07:13 PM

Hi Ned. We're in production now. It's a big , expensive job at this point, but we're making as fast as possible. I'll post a release date as soon as possible. -Steve.

P.S. Did you forget how to use the phone? smile
Posted by: ned946

Re: Ultra low from Calmini - 18/06/02 10:14 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by CALMINI Products Inc:

P.S. Did you forget how to use the phone? smile
Hey Steve!
You know, I feel much more secure behind the screen! Actually, I've been gettin home late and the net is sorta like las vegas....it never closes. Its great to hear the new gears are coming.....you accepting pre-orders? smile
Posted by: MonsterX

Re: Ultra low from Calmini - 20/06/02 01:21 PM

3.6, nice! ....but isn't there a concern with weak gears due to inferior design (ie- pushing the limits too far)?
Posted by: OffroadX

Re: Ultra low from Calmini - 20/06/02 01:46 PM

I would assume the new gears will be more than up to the situtations they're designed to address in the first place. The rest of the drivetrain is plenty beefy to deal with the added stress that the lower gearing will send out of the transfer case. The only point of concern that comes to mind is that late 2000-built and up models of the transfer case use a narrower chain to send power to the front driveshaft than the older models, and one guy has already stretched his. This could be a weak point that becomes more apparent with the lower gearing.

Brent

Re: Ultra low from Calmini - 20/06/02 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by MonsterX:
3.6, nice! ....but isn't there a concern with weak gears due to inferior design (ie- pushing the limits too far)?
CALMINI has been making low range gears for many years, so "weak" and "inferior" are not part of the equation.
Posted by: MonsterX

Re: Ultra low from Calmini - 20/06/02 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by xoc:
Quote:
Originally posted by MonsterX:
[b]3.6, nice! ....but isn't there a concern with weak gears due to inferior design (ie- pushing the limits too far)?
CALMINI has been making low range gears for many years, so "weak" and "inferior" are not part of the equation.[/b]
Missed that one! CALMINI is as close to "bullet-proof" as you'll ever get. My bad.

When is it coming out?
Posted by: OffroadX

Re: Ultra low from Calmini - 20/06/02 06:30 PM

Hehe, that's pure speculation. With Calmini, I don't believe it's out until I know someone has received one smile

Worth the wait though!
Brent