Haulin Butt last night

Posted by: Anonymous

Haulin Butt last night - 05/10/07 11:52 PM

Hey ya'll. Not to condone irresponsible driving, But I got up to 120 last night on the way home tonight. I had no dlue our trucks were that fast governor wise. It was fun. Just thought Id let ya'll know what our X's can do.

Re: Haulin Butt last night - 06/10/07 06:11 AM

This is going to be you soon.

Re: Haulin Butt last night - 06/10/07 07:16 AM

Dumb ass.... when you wrap your head around a power pole make sure your the only vehicle and the only one in the car. [Finger]

Re: Haulin Butt last night - 06/10/07 07:39 AM

I had to read your post twice... were you also drinkin?
Posted by: Rickster43

Re: Haulin Butt last night - 06/10/07 07:40 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by SurfPirateTX:
Hey ya'll. Not to condone irresponsible driving, But I got up to 120 last night on the way home tonight. I had no dlue our trucks were that fast governor wise. It was fun. Just thought Id let ya'll know what our X's can do.
Dude, Please Shut the Fuck up...You are making us Texans Look like Dumb Asses...If you are going to do something Stupid, Keep it to yourself !!!!

Re: Haulin Butt last night - 06/10/07 10:20 AM

Re: Haulin Butt last night - 08/10/07 04:01 PM

So whatever, he went fast. He didn't kill anyone, and he posted about it. Go him.

I guess I should add that I'm happy the rest of you are all nuns, priests and saints. Makes me feel better at night. Go you too.

Re: Haulin Butt last night - 08/10/07 05:11 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Mike in NRH:
So whatever, he went fast. He didn't kill anyone, and he posted about it. Go him.

I guess I should add that I'm happy the rest of you are all nuns, priests and saints. Makes me feel better at night. Go you too.
[Save the fine unicorns]

Re: Haulin Butt last night - 08/10/07 06:33 PM

oh man, this post has been entertainment for myself since i read it the first time, sure this guy isn't all that bright for going 120 in an SUV, i know that when i'm touching 90 i take my foot off the gas cuz the X starts shaking a bit. but you guys are pretty funny, thanks for the laughs
[LOL]

Re: Haulin Butt last night - 08/10/07 06:35 PM

oh yea, and Mike in NRH, that was good, i agree with you
Posted by: Kaiser

Re: Haulin Butt last night - 08/10/07 07:12 PM

Quote:

It's not worth the effort... the more you say the more you'll get bashed...

This topic has come up a million times and most of XOC tends to come down squarely on the "old lady" end of the spectrum.

(BTW - I think going 120 in an Xterra is crazy too - but you'll get just as flamed talking about going 95 in a gen 1 - which I don't think is that big a deal)

Re: Haulin Butt last night - 08/10/07 07:54 PM

Meh, even if I tried to go that fast I couldn't do it. I'd shit myself in the X first.

Re: Haulin Butt last night - 09/10/07 07:52 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by AHTOXA:
Meh, even if I tried to go that fast I couldn't do it. I'd shit myself in the X first.
X2 only I wouldn't shit myself, the supercharger would... it doesn't know what to do with the 33's shift up, shift down, up , down up down

Re: Haulin Butt last night - 09/10/07 09:04 AM

I have hit 90+ countless times in my X which is lifted with 32"s. Shit the speed limit in AZ is 75 and if your not pushing 85 your getting ran over. Here in VA people drive a little bit slower though.

So he went fast.

This reminds me of the "Do Dough nuts and Die" thread.

Has everyone forgot all the silly shit they did growing up?

[Finger]

Re: Haulin Butt last night - 09/10/07 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Kaiser:
(BTW - I think going 120 in an Xterra is crazy too - but you'll get just as flamed talking about going 95 in a gen 1 - which I don't think is that big a deal)
Kaiser I agree completely...120 in an X has to be sketchy, but a gen 1 is pretty solid at 90, isnt really an less confident that my dad's 525. Go 120 in something fast like Kaiser's S2000 or my 525, go 10mph on some rocks in the X

Re: Haulin Butt last night - 09/10/07 07:14 PM

In Jackson NJ they've lost about 6 kids withing the passed few mos to "stupid driving". I don't care who the hell you are or what you drive..doing 120 in anything is wreckless. You want to put your life in your hands..shoot yourself and leave the rest of the world out of it.
Posted by: Lightning

Re: Haulin Butt last night - 09/10/07 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Ebeauchea:
You want to put your life in your hands..shoot yourself and leave the rest of the world out of it.
I second this... I don't exactly enjoy scraping bodies off of pavement, especially when it was some other F*@&er's fault for driving like a moron.
Posted by: shiner

Re: Haulin Butt last night - 09/10/07 08:39 PM

fastest i've been was 135mph in a 95 SHO. 2am. no traffic, straight way, wanted to hit the gov. as i was going, i wasn't concerned about cops, but concerned about a tire going out. scared the shit out of me.

as for the x, hit 95 once only due to family emergency. never again. 75 my limit and 80 if i'm passing.

doing 120 in your x is stupid. me doing 95 in my x is stupid (may have been a family emergency, but the lives of my wife and I....). trying to hit the gov in the 95 sho was stupid (i miss that car).

Re: Haulin Butt last night - 09/10/07 08:58 PM

128 on 2 wheels- '87 Hurricane

130+ on 4 eek . 1990 Integra somewhere outside Kingman on a long, straight stretch of blacktop cutting through the desert.. Buried the needle at 130 for well over a half a minute. [Freak]

I don't drive on two wheels anymore (lately anyhow), and I try and stay well under 130 these days..
wink
Posted by: ChuckH

Re: Haulin Butt last night - 10/10/07 02:26 AM

Quote:

Not this time. Kind of like the drunk lady that killed my friend. She probably drove drunk many times before that day! keep it up and it will happen!

Re: Haulin Butt last night - 10/10/07 10:13 AM

fastest i've ever gone is 140 in my friends STI, dumb? very, but like one of those guys a few replies earlier, it was about 3am in mojave, but still, 120 is a bit fast and a bit worse in a truck. i don't go above 90 in my X

Re: Haulin Butt last night - 11/10/07 10:18 AM

I agree with Mike in NRH. My dad gets all crazy with me doing 56 in a 55 zone, because, "It's unsafe and it's BREAKING THE LAW!" However, I did live to say that my motorcycle would do 149. Tried 3 times to break 150, but just couldn't do it. I guess that's the limit of my comfort zone, or maybe the bike. Whichever, we've all tried to find our personal and vehicle limits. I guess that's why so many of us ask questions like, "What's the strongest driveline on the market?" right after we ask "I wonder if I can climb that hill?"

Re: Haulin Butt last night - 21/10/07 11:37 AM

hey since this has all turned "how fast you have gone tread" ill join in

130 friends camaro "back roads", no other people driving, early one morning ...dumb yea but really cool

160 in friends porshe, same situation

Yea its dumb but when your going that fast, you feel alive.
Posted by: Big Daddy Chia

Re: Haulin Butt last night - 21/10/07 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by SurfPirateTX:
Um noticed the SWXC ? by ur name. Doing dumb stuff like this and admitting it on a board isnt gonna gain you friends in our club or admittance
Posted by: Xterra Kid 2003

Re: Haulin Butt last night - 22/10/07 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by xXx 4x4:
hey since this has all turned "how fast you have gone tread" ill join in

130 friends camaro "back roads", no other people driving, early one morning ...dumb yea but really cool

160 in friends porshe, same situation

Yea its dumb but when your going that fast, you feel alive.
You mean "Porsche" but yeah they do go that fast, I can attest laugh I think you feel alive because you know your so close to death at that speed, should you decide to jump onto the pavement. I wouldnt say 160 in a German engineered sports car is reckless as long as you know the cars handling at high speeds and there isnt other traffic around.

Re: Haulin Butt last night - 25/10/07 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Xterra Kid 2003:
and there isnt other traffic around.[/QB]
And how will you know there isn't any traffic around unless your on a closed track? Dark empty road or not @ 160 you don't know whats going to come at you next.

Re: Haulin Butt last night - 25/10/07 03:53 PM

Blah blah blah...

while I'd say 120mph in an Xterra is taking your life in your own hands (don't they start rattling like mad around 95 or so??), it's not anywhere close to as fast (or stupid) as a lot of us around here have most likely gone...

Personally, I found the max speed of my 2000 Triumph Sprint RS 955i a couple weekends ago, at 154 mph. No, I'm not gonna' lie and say it was a "dark and abandoned road" or any bullshiiza like that. It was broad daylight, perfect weather conditions, relatively light traffic, 3-lane interstate with median barrier wall, dead flat and dead straight for over 5 miles. I hit 154mph and held it for almost 30 seconds trying to find the top speed. Yep. That's it. Less I lose some more weight...

Haven't been over 120mph in the RX-8, yet. I'm sure I will at some point.

Truck's top end is somewhere around 80mph, though. Anymore than that (when she runs) and I'm scared shitless. It just doesn't feel solid.

Re: Haulin Butt last night - 25/10/07 04:02 PM

Oh, well I can't complain that much. I drive the turnpike all day so I gotta get to where I'm goin..

Re: Haulin Butt last night - 25/10/07 04:29 PM

109 MPH with a Toyota Echo some where in the middle of nowhere Nebraska.. [Finger]

I have also done 140 in a BMW I had once. Never over 85 in the X.. I dont think I have even been over 80 MPH in it. Don't plan too either.

Re: Haulin Butt last night - 25/10/07 06:05 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Eric97217:
109 MPH with a Toyota Echo some where in the middle of nowhere Nebraska.. [Finger]

I have also done 140 in a BMW I had once. Never over 85 in the X.. I dont think I have even been over 80 MPH in it. Don't plan too either.
Speaking of that...

I was in Western Nebraska, cutting that corner of Kansas driving to Colorado, and I was on a flat, straight road for miles! I was driving a rental new Impala and had the needle at 110 for god knows how long.

I came over a small little hill. It was just big enough not to see the cars on the other side. Lo and behold, there was a cop right there, going the other way cresting the hill as I came right on it. Clocked me, pulled me over and gave me a $160 ticket.

That was a little over a year ago.

Re: Haulin Butt last night - 26/10/07 07:11 AM

Quote:
Oh, well I can't complain that much. I drive the turnpike all day so I gotta get to where I'm goin..

That's quite irresponsible to take a picture while driving at such a dangerous speed. Concentrate on your driving man! You're putting all of our lives on the line!
Posted by: TJ

Re: Haulin Butt last night - 26/10/07 08:38 AM

"Everyone who drives slower than me is a moron, anyone who drives faster than me is a maniac"
Posted by: GrayHam

Re: Haulin Butt last night - 26/10/07 10:49 AM

When I was young and slightly dumber . . .

110 mph in a 1973 Dodge Dart Swinger with a 318 and a leaky (can you say sieve??) power-steering pump, down I-15 in Utah.

Whee. [Too much XOC]

Re: Haulin Butt last night - 26/10/07 04:07 PM

I think we all do dumb things when we are young. 165 on a gsxr-1100, and 145 in a trans am.

Re: Haulin Butt last night - 26/10/07 04:14 PM

Hit 125 in a 525 on the way back to school on sunday

Re: Haulin Butt last night - 26/10/07 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by GPrsh924:
Hit 125 in a 525 on the way back to school on sunday
golf clap..... :rolleyes:

Re: Haulin Butt last night - 26/10/07 06:10 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by bpc:
Quote:
Originally posted by GPrsh924:
[b]Hit 125 in a 525 on the way back to school on sunday
golf clap..... :rolleyes: [/b]
Hey, I know your speeding stories! Maxima? Wisconsin? Ah, youthful stupidity...

laugh laugh laugh

By the way, it's about that time when we go for a few beers. [drink]

Re: Haulin Butt last night - 26/10/07 06:23 PM

I hit 85 (scan guage, not speedometer) in my X yesterday and I thought the truck was going to explode because of the unsteadyness/vibrations. [Freak] Sure it could have gone faster (plenty of power from supercharger) but with the 35's on.... they probably would have come off. Plus i could see the fuel gauge dropping. [Crybaby]

Fastest I ever had the balls to go was 110 in my fiancees 3.5 Altima. I will never do it again!

Re: Haulin Butt last night - 26/10/07 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by ShodanX:
Quote:
[b]Oh, well I can't complain that much. I drive the turnpike all day so I gotta get to where I'm goin..

That's quite irresponsible to take a picture while driving at such a dangerous speed. Concentrate on your driving man! You're putting all of our lives on the line![/b]
Unlike most assholes on the road I can do two things at once..

Re: Haulin Butt last night - 26/10/07 07:19 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by AHTOXA:
Quote:
Hey, I know your speeding stories! Maxima? Wisconsin? Ah, youthful stupidity...

laugh laugh laugh

By the way, it's about that time when we go for a few beers. [drink] [/QB]
Ah yes... the WI incident....I still get a little worried driving through Racine County now and again. Got away with it though [Finger] ... 91 Maxi topped out at 120 btw. Damn I miss that car.

But now I'm older and wiser and older... [Smoking]

Beers this coming week sometime after payday.
Posted by: warlock

Re: Haulin Butt last night - 02/11/07 09:32 AM

I have gone more than 140 on my Porsche 930 more when im on my gxr 750...but i only speed here
http://www.summitpoint-raceway.com/

be responsible take it to the track
Posted by: OffroadX

Re: Haulin Butt last night - 02/11/07 10:32 AM

Quote:
doing 120 in anything is wreckless.
I've said it before, and I'll say it again...

We should be ENCOURAGING wreckless driving!

Re: Haulin Butt last night - 02/11/07 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by OffroadX:
Quote:
[b]doing 120 in anything is wreckless.

We should be ENCOURAGING wreckless driving![/b]
I agree. We need organ donors and cheap Xterra parts..

Re: Haulin Butt last night - 02/11/07 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by far west X:
I agree. We need organ donors and cheap Xterra parts..
Uh, I don't think you got it, which is sad...

Re: Haulin Butt last night - 03/11/07 10:09 AM

Don't they call this culling the gene pool?

wink

Re: Haulin Butt last night - 03/11/07 05:07 PM

Quote:
Quote:
[b]doing 120 in anything is wreckless.

We should be ENCOURAGING wreckless driving![/b]
Agreed.

Re: Haulin Butt last night - 03/11/07 10:18 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by night stalker:
Don't they call this culling the gene pool?

wink
Yes, the shallow end.

Re: Haulin Butt last night - 05/11/07 07:44 AM

120 in an x? That takes balls.
I'm proud to say that I've never had mine over 85.

Back in my early years, when I used to drive faster, I took my 3000GT up to 150 according to my GPS on I-75 one night. That was fun. Then one day I came over a hill at 120, and there was a cop in the median. He wrote me up for 85 in a 70, I haven't gone that fast since.

Speeding is bad, mmkay?

Re: Haulin Butt last night - 05/11/07 11:50 AM

Watched a guy in front of me pull up on 1 wheel at 100+ on the interstate this weekend... He rode it for over a mile... Dangerous? Maybe. Probably not as dangerous as riding side-saddle at over 120 a few minutes later. [Too much XOC]

(it wasn't me, though... My bike doesn't have the power to pull up going that fast, nor the balance to ride side-saddle... I was just cruising 5 or 6 bikes back watching the show, and covering the brake lever just in case... Good times...)
Posted by: GrayHam

Re: Haulin Butt last night - 05/11/07 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by porsche996:
Watched a guy in front of me pull up on 1 wheel at 100+ on the interstate this weekend... He rode it for over a mile... Dangerous? Maybe. Probably not as dangerous as riding side-saddle at over 120 a few minutes later. [Too much XOC]

(it wasn't me, though... My bike doesn't have the power to pull up going that fast, nor the balance to ride side-saddle... I was just cruising 5 or 6 bikes back watching the show, and covering the brake lever just in case... Good times...)
I love those kinds of motorcyclists . . .

The world needs organ donors.
God bless 'em.

Re: Haulin Butt last night - 07/11/07 05:07 PM

heh a buck 20 is pretty fast in an x...mine starts to float out around 95. I dont see a problem with it if theres no cars coming. Ive pushed past 170 in my lancer evolution 8...if you can handle the vehicle then drive it however you want.
Posted by: Kaiser

Re: Haulin Butt last night - 07/11/07 05:43 PM

wow... I was ready to call BS on an evo going that fast - but wikipedia shows it topping out at 174. That's a lotta fast! eek

Re: Haulin Butt last night - 08/11/07 08:53 PM

heh my evo is no joke. Its nearly stock also...just a little boost control. My gps read 172...i figured that was about it...i didnt know about 174, should of kept on it a couple more seconds

Re: Haulin Butt last night - 09/11/07 10:29 PM

ive never had the x above 85. i dont mind cruising in the slow lane. as for the Supra, thats a different story...
Posted by: Origami Gangsta

Re: Haulin Butt last night - 14/11/07 06:02 AM

Did he have aftermarket tires on? I thought the stock Grabbers or LT's were only rated to 110-15 or so. Or have they changed the stock tire on the new gen?

Fastest I've ever gone is 130 in a BMW Z3. Racing a guy in a Taco SR5. Killed him (not literally).

Re: Haulin Butt last night - 12/12/07 12:50 PM

Thought I would contribute to this month old thread. "When I was young and dumb," I clocked in 125mph on a Honda Civic. It was out in the country around noon and bright sunny day. Could see nothing but horizon everywhere and a straight road for few miles. Took my chances and stepped on the gas. At 125mph, the Civic felt like it was about to take off. It was a good 10-12 second feeling. smile

Re: Haulin Butt last night - 13/12/07 12:21 PM

97mph in my 1989 plymoth acclaim.. If youve ever driven one you know that it took balls. Shaking all over the place, steering floating from one lane to another... 100 hp stock.. prob 74.nothing in my one due to 3 cylinders firing. 120 mph is nothing in a stable car... Try going 100 in a car that needs a football field distance to stop in, has holes in the floorpan, and you swear was the offspring of Christine trying to kill you.

Re: Haulin Butt last night - 15/12/07 10:05 AM

Why don't these idiotic threads get locked?

Re: Haulin Butt last night - 16/12/07 01:34 PM

Quote:
I second that. This is a family forum.
Posted by: Paco Pico

Re: Haulin Butt last night - 18/12/07 04:21 PM

Quote:
Does it really hurt you that much Brent?

Re: Haulin Butt last night - 10/03/08 04:54 PM

Well I've had my Xterra for only 3 days now and maybe I'm still making the transition from sports car to SUV but ..I don't think I'll be trying to push anywhere near 120. Thats for my Z' and the track.

Re: Haulin Butt last night - 11/03/08 08:06 AM

Ever seen the movie Deathproof?

Re: Haulin Butt last night - 22/03/08 04:40 PM

Quote:

No shit. Must be nice to be perfect.

Since I'm not, I'll post the last picture I took going 145 mph on my dry-rotted 35s...

Posted by: Rockaholic

Re: Haulin Butt last night - 22/03/08 05:20 PM

Jeff, I'm not sure which is funnier - your response to Mike in NRH, or that you are arguing with a statement made 6 months ago...

Re: Haulin Butt last night - 22/03/08 05:40 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Rockaholic:
Jeff, I'm not sure which is funnier - your response to Mike in NRH, or that you are arguing with a statement made 6 months ago...
Yeah, I thought about that. I actually never looked at this thread until a Ronin member mentioned at lunch today.