Problem posting?
by Tom
11/06/24 10:33 AM
ECXC 2024!
by Tom
11/06/24 10:32 AM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 193 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#138937 - 20/09/07 10:04 AM Re: Coffee for you Yuppies
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by RiverPig:
but the point is it does not even work at all if you do it as a debit ....it only works when it is run through as a credit card. My point being you can use a debit card without a pin #...and in my case and probably many others always without a pin number.....also some places print card numbers on the receipt so it would have been possible for the cashier to change the transaction and add 1$
You're getting all confused here over debit transaction vs card.

#138938 - 20/09/07 10:57 AM Re: Coffee for you Yuppies
Anonymous
Unregistered

In what way am I confused I have a debit card it even says debit on it for all the non-believers.....it only works when run as a credit card and the money comes out of my checking account...

#138939 - 20/09/07 12:01 PM Re: Coffee for you Yuppies
PDXterra Offline

Loc: Portland, OR
Quote:
In what way am I confused I have a debit card it even says debit on it for all the non-believers.....it only works when run as a credit card and the money comes out of my checking account...
It's a debit card with some credit card features - that's all. It's tied directly to your checking account because you aren't buying things on CREDIT, you're buying things with the equivalent of an electronic check...a.k.a. a debit card.

If the card came with your checking account, it's a debit card, not a credit card...case closed.

ETA: And, to further prove my point - have you ever paid an interest charge on this "credit card?" I'd say "no."

#138940 - 20/09/07 03:00 PM Re: Coffee for you Yuppies
Big Daddy Chia Offline

Loc: Austin, TX
Its not a debit card you morons its a Check Card with a logo on it from one of the credit card companies. A debit card only can be used at the atm.

#138941 - 20/09/07 03:06 PM Re: Coffee for you Yuppies
p.i.n.o. Offline

Loc: Sugar Land, TX
Debit cards and check cards are one and the same. Visa likes to call theirs "check cards" while Mastercard calls them "debit cards". I have checking accounts with Washington Mutual and Bank of America. My WaMu card has the MasterCard logo and says "debit" on it. My BOA card has the Visa logo and says "check card" on it.

#138942 - 20/09/07 03:16 PM Re: Coffee for you Yuppies
PDXterra Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Big Daddy Chia:
...A debit card only can be used at the atm.
Bullshit. I use mine daily to buy lunch. Sometimes I enter my pin (if I swipe the card myself) and sometimes the cashier swipes the card and runs it as a Mastercard...no pin required.

It astonishes me how many people are unclear about the ability of cards they carry.

#138943 - 20/09/07 03:18 PM Re: Coffee for you Yuppies
Big Daddy Chia Offline

Loc: Austin, TX
Quote:
Originally posted by PDXterra:
Quote:
[b]...A debit card only can be used at the atm.
Bullshit. I use mine daily to buy lunch. Sometimes I enter my pin (if I swipe the card myself) and sometimes the cashier swipes the card and runs it as a Mastercard...no pin required.

It astonishes me how many people are unclear about the ability of cards they carry.[/b]
bullshit bullshit. Why are fucking arguing over check and debit cards.

#138944 - 20/09/07 03:22 PM Re: Coffee for you Yuppies
PDXterra Offline

Quote:
bullshit bullshit. Why are fucking arguing over check and debit cards.
Bullshit bullshit ...uh...bullshit.

[counting fingers on hand]

Is that the right number, or do I need another bullshit? Uh...BULLSHIT...there, just to be safe.

I'm not arguing, just sayin'

#138945 - 20/09/07 03:57 PM Re: Coffee for you Yuppies
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Ok, I'm going to type this very slowly for you.

A debit transaction (which you state you do when you swipe your card and it runs as a credit transaction, so no PIN needed) R E Q U I R E S that the cardholder/purchaser enter a PIN for the transaction.

A credit transaction functions similar to a debit transaction, except in place of the PIN a signature is required (and can be waived for smaller amounts it depends on how the merchant has set up their transactions).

A debit card (which you actually have) can usually process both debit transactions and credit transactions.

Do you see how you're confusing things yet?

Just to keep with the trend:
Bullshit, bullshit, bullshit, bullshit, bullshit!

ETA: arguing semantics is fun laugh

#138946 - 20/09/07 04:02 PM Re: Coffee for you Yuppies
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Coop:
Quote:
Originally posted by Ebeauchea:
[b]
Quote:
Originally posted by TravelingFool:
[b]
quote:
Originally posted by Ebeauchea:
No starbucks out your way yet? Haha. I like starbucks..it's stonger than other coffees so I like it. Especially the pumpkin chai late light.. wink
Sorry dude, that's gay-er than a Gucci wallet full of rainbow colored unicorns.

Starbucks will get my money when they open a self serve line for "black coffee only" drinkers. Scan a buck, refill your mug, get the hell out. The "pumpkin chai half caff with a twist, low foam" crowd can bite me![/b]
It'll only be gay to drink any brand of coffee is a male if sucking my penis while I drink it.[/b]
But... a pumpkin chai latte doesn't have a drop of coffee in it.
Does it even exist? I made that one up..

#138947 - 20/09/07 04:15 PM Re: Coffee for you Yuppies
Mobycat Offline

Loc: the hue of dungeons and the sc...
Quote:
also some places print card numbers on the receipt so it would have been possible for the cashier to change the transaction and add 1$
The full credit card number? Try again. That's against the law - federal law.

Receipts may not include any more than the last five digits.

(This includes both Credit AND debit cards)
"Nature has constituted utility to man the standard and test of virtue. Men living in different countries, under different circumstances, different habits and regimens, may have different utilities; the same act, therefore, may be useful and consequently virtuous in one country which is injurious and vicious in another differently circumstanced" - Thomas Jefferson, moral relativist

#138948 - 20/09/07 07:58 PM Re: Coffee for you Yuppies
Anonymous
Unregistered

the store I work at shows the entire number on the receipt. debit or credit....

tammy

#138949 - 20/09/07 09:03 PM Re: Coffee for you Yuppies
Mobycat Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Alpine Spirit:

tammy
They are breaking the law. (Assuming it is an electronic receipt)

FACTA, The Fair and Accurate Credit Transactions Act of 2003 prohibits the practice of showing full card numbers.

There *is* a small loophole - but it ends at the end of this year.

Any machine in use before Jan 1, 2005 has 3 years to be fixed. This is the loophole - they have until December 31st, 2007. - in 3 months, it'll close.

Any machine in use AFTER Jan 1, 2005 had 1 year - that loophole has been closed for a while.
"Nature has constituted utility to man the standard and test of virtue. Men living in different countries, under different circumstances, different habits and regimens, may have different utilities; the same act, therefore, may be useful and consequently virtuous in one country which is injurious and vicious in another differently circumstanced" - Thomas Jefferson, moral relativist

#138950 - 20/09/07 09:11 PM Re: Coffee for you Yuppies
Mobycat Offline

Actually, a correction, if I'm reading the Act correctly - the loophole is gone already.

The requirement went into force 3 years after *enactment* for machines in use before January 1, 2005.

The law was enacted in December 2003 - those three years went out a year ago.

#138951 - 20/09/07 09:14 PM Re: Coffee for you Yuppies
NY Madman Offline

Loc: Florida
Quote:

tammy
Are you sure about that? On both the customer and store copy of the receipt?

It is illegal and has been illegal under federal law since 2003.

In fact the receipt issue is the new cash cow for trial lawyers seeking a big payday against retailers. Scores and scores of lawsuits are being filed all over the country for hundreds of millions of dollars against all types of retailers in the hope of making a killing for lawyers (of course consumers will pay this "lawsuit tax" in the form of higher prices if these suits are successful).

http://online.wsj.com/public/article/SB117771144745785336-S1YwB4VdRuerW3MvcvSJBNlHLUg_20080428.html

Many law firms are soliciting plaintiffs on their web sites in pursuit of this potential lawsuit lottery that all of us will be paying. mad

Here is just one such large firm of ambulance chasers....

http://www.edcombs.com/CM/Custom/TOCViolations.asp

Quote:
We are looking for electronically generated credit / debit card receipts which show either (a) the card expiration date or (b) any digits of the credit/ debit card number other than the last five.

#138952 - 21/09/07 05:29 AM Re: Coffee for you Yuppies
Anonymous
Unregistered

Real men drink green tea.

#138953 - 21/09/07 07:15 AM Re: Coffee for you Yuppies
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by ShowtimeX:
Yeah but it makes my piss stink...

#138954 - 21/09/07 08:42 AM Re: Coffee for you Yuppies
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by ShowtimeX:
Green tea is the tequila of caffeinated beverages. Makes me think I can build a bridge or write a novel in thirty minutes but within twenty minutes I just want to punch someone.

#138955 - 21/09/07 09:41 AM Re: Coffee for you Yuppies
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hmmmmmm..........

Very interesting.

You know how you hear people talking about something that you know about, and while they are talking, you think to yourself, They are just making a lot of assumptions.....

Well, I only read through the first couple of pages of this now 7 page coffee thread. Good stuff, lots of laughs.

First off, Starbucks doesn't haave a mocha chocka locka ding dong king Kong dong schlong. They just have a mocha. It is entirely up to you to change it into what you want. You can customize your drink like crazy if that is what you want to do.

For example, these are a couple of my drinks

-Iced quad espresso with cream

-Iced Venti caramel sauce 5 pump chai

-Iced Venti sub cinammon Dolce 5 pump caramel machiatto with dolce sprinkles

How the hell did I get to be one of these prissy drink orders? Well these drinks are not necessarily for sissy lala's. I bet you that if you went in there and did not like how something tastes, and tell them, then they would change it. That is how I know that I like a certain number of pumps. That is when you start adding a certain number of pumps and what not. Now if you want to lose weight, then you will go with non-fat or percent milk. They also have soy and organic milk.

So for some people, they HAVE to add soy or organic on their perceived frivolous drink order so they don't feel a juicy turd when they are sliding into third.

I will dissect this for you so you may be able to understand. By the way, I used to work at Starbucks.

latte-espresso under milk, and a dollop of foam

short, tall, grande, or Venti-these are the sizes

short-8oz
tall-12oz
grande-16oz.
and Venti-20 oz.

Why the hell is tall one of the smaller sizes?Good Q. A-because Starbucks started out just selling shorts and talls.Makes sense. They did not want to change that.

So to order a latte, you must specify a size.

Grande latte-2 shots of espresso, steamed milk, and foam.

Futher dissection- Let's say you do not like the foam-I don't

Now it becomes a grande no foam latte

Damn! This shiiite is too hot! S-bucks will not go over 180 degrees because the milk just starts to burn.

Now it becomes a grande 140 degree no foam latte.

Let's say you crap yourself every milk drinkage

Now it is a grande soy 140 degree no foam latte

Let's say you want it a little sweeter

Now-grande soy 140 degree no foam 2 splenda latte

Now, you want a 16 oz drink but you are going to bed in an hour

Now-decaf grande soy 140 degree no foam 2 splenda latte.

Now, you are getting pretty specific. you are a S-bucks guru and know what you like. You like the shots of espresso on top

Now-Decaf grande soy no foam up-side down 2 splenda latte.

Lol-you see why it is so long? It starts off simple and then people start having preferences getting it just right to appease their taste buds.

By the way, where I worked, there was no possible way that I could get a tip from a credit card. I also worked in a restraunt and I know that adjusting tips is actually a felony.

Oh and they call themselves barista because that is what they are. A barista is Italian for bartender. Just like Venti means 20 in Italian.
When you get to work, someone tells you that you are on bar or someone tells you that you have to assign a till. Either way, you are able to do both and because you are a cashier at that moment does not meant that you cannot go over and jump on bar. Barista is the job title, they are just trained to be able to do it all. [Wave]

By the way, if you want a really strong drink, you should get that first one-an iced quad espresso with cream in a grande cup. That shit will have you doing back flips.

All I have to say is go in there and order something plain. Ask yourself-is this too sweet? Next time you will want it with less pumps. Then ask yourself hmmmm, how would this mocha taste with peppermint? Damn good me thinks! So now you want a venti 5 pump peppermint mocha. Now, you want this drink but you want less fat. Venti nonfat 5 pump peppermint no whip mocha.

Try it in the summer-Iced venti nonfat 5 pump peppermint no whip mocha. See where this is going? Being specific is not necessarily mean that you are [Rainbow] it means that you might be watching your weight, don't want to burn your tongue or down want to shart.

If there is a Starbucks in a hotel, airport or INSIDE a barnes an Noble, then they are Franchises and I am not sure of the rules that apply regarding tips. You can tip cash though no matter what. I got a 37 dollar tip on a $12 coffee order.

Copy and paste those drinks that I was saying that I liked. Try them and report back. After reading all this I am sure that you are [Sleep] smile

-James

#138956 - 21/09/07 09:53 AM Re: Coffee for you Yuppies
TravelingFool Offline

Loc: Prior Lake, MN
Chef's Dad: "Woman! You gave that Loch Ness Monster a DOLLAH?"

Chef's Mom: "I thought he'd go away if I gave him a DOLLAH..."

The liver is evil, and must be punished...

#138957 - 21/09/07 10:47 AM Re: Coffee for you Yuppies
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by soccerbrace:
First off, Starbucks doesn't haave a mocha chocka locka ding dong king Kong dong schlong.

smile

-James
Here I shortened it to the best part. [LOL]

#138958 - 21/09/07 10:58 AM Re: Coffee for you Yuppies
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Quote:
[b]First off, Starbucks doesn't haave a mocha chocka locka ding dong king Kong dong schlong.

smile

-James
Here I shortened it to the best part. [LOL] [/b]
Thanks! lol

#138959 - 21/09/07 11:56 AM Re: Coffee for you Yuppies
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Hmmmmmm..........

Very interesting.

You know how you hear people talking about something that you know about, and while they are talking, you think to yourself, They are just making a lot of assumptions.....

Well, I only read through the first couple of pages of this now 7 page coffee thread. Good stuff, lots of laughs.

First off, Starbucks doesn't haave a mocha chocka locka ding dong king Kong dong schlong. They just have a mocha. It is entirely up to you to change it into what you want. You can customize your drink like crazy if that is what you want to do.

For example, these are a couple of my drinks

-Iced quad espresso with cream

-Iced Venti caramel sauce 5 pump chai

-Iced Venti sub cinammon Dolce 5 pump caramel machiatto with dolce sprinkles

How the hell did I get to be one of these prissy drink orders? Well these drinks are not necessarily for sissy lala's. I bet you that if you went in there and did not like how something tastes, and tell them, then they would change it. That is how I know that I like a certain number of pumps. That is when you start adding a certain number of pumps and what not. Now if you want to lose weight, then you will go with non-fat or percent milk. They also have soy and organic milk.

So for some people, they HAVE to add soy or organic on their perceived frivolous drink order so they don't feel a juicy turd when they are sliding into third.

I will dissect this for you so you may be able to understand. By the way, I used to work at Starbucks.

latte-espresso under milk, and a dollop of foam

short, tall, grande, or Venti-these are the sizes

short-8oz
tall-12oz
grande-16oz.
and Venti-20 oz.

Why the hell is tall one of the smaller sizes?Good Q. A-because Starbucks started out just selling shorts and talls.Makes sense. They did not want to change that.

So to order a latte, you must specify a size.

Grande latte-2 shots of espresso, steamed milk, and foam.

Futher dissection- Let's say you do not like the foam-I don't

Now it becomes a grande no foam latte

Damn! This shiiite is too hot! S-bucks will not go over 180 degrees because the milk just starts to burn.

Now it becomes a grande 140 degree no foam latte.

Let's say you crap yourself every milk drinkage

Now it is a grande soy 140 degree no foam latte

Let's say you want it a little sweeter

Now-grande soy 140 degree no foam 2 splenda latte

Now, you want a 16 oz drink but you are going to bed in an hour

Now-decaf grande soy 140 degree no foam 2 splenda latte.

Now, you are getting pretty specific. you are a S-bucks guru and know what you like. You like the shots of espresso on top

Now-Decaf grande soy no foam up-side down 2 splenda latte.

Lol-you see why it is so long? It starts off simple and then people start having preferences getting it just right to appease their taste buds.

By the way, where I worked, there was no possible way that I could get a tip from a credit card. I also worked in a restraunt and I know that adjusting tips is actually a felony.

Oh and they call themselves barista because that is what they are. A barista is Italian for bartender. Just like Venti means 20 in Italian.
When you get to work, someone tells you that you are on bar or someone tells you that you have to assign a till. Either way, you are able to do both and because you are a cashier at that moment does not meant that you cannot go over and jump on bar. Barista is the job title, they are just trained to be able to do it all. [Wave]

By the way, if you want a really strong drink, you should get that first one-an iced quad espresso with cream in a grande cup. That shit will have you doing back flips.

All I have to say is go in there and order something plain. Ask yourself-is this too sweet? Next time you will want it with less pumps. Then ask yourself hmmmm, how would this mocha taste with peppermint? Damn good me thinks! So now you want a venti 5 pump peppermint mocha. Now, you want this drink but you want less fat. Venti nonfat 5 pump peppermint no whip mocha.

Try it in the summer-Iced venti nonfat 5 pump peppermint no whip mocha. See where this is going? Being specific is not necessarily mean that you are [Rainbow] it means that you might be watching your weight, don't want to burn your tongue or down want to shart.

If there is a Starbucks in a hotel, airport or INSIDE a barnes an Noble, then they are Franchises and I am not sure of the rules that apply regarding tips. You can tip cash though no matter what. I got a 37 dollar tip on a $12 coffee order.

Copy and paste those drinks that I was saying that I liked. Try them and report back. After reading all this I am sure that you are [Sleep] smile

-James
Hey, thanks for the stream of consciousness, James Fuckin' Joyce. You been hittin' the green tea or what?

#138960 - 21/09/07 11:57 AM Re: Coffee for you Yuppies
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by NY Madman:
Quote:

[b]the store I work at shows the entire number on the receipt. debit or credit....

tammy
Are you sure about that? On both the customer and store copy of the receipt?

It is illegal and has been illegal under federal law since 2003.

In fact the receipt issue is the new cash cow for trial lawyers seeking a big payday against retailers. Scores and scores of lawsuits are being filed all over the country for hundreds of millions of dollars against all types of retailers in the hope of making a killing for lawyers (of course consumers will pay this "lawsuit tax" in the form of higher prices if these suits are successful).

http://online.wsj.com/public/article/SB117771144745785336-S1YwB4VdRuerW3Mvc vSJBNlHLUg_20080428.html

Many law firms are soliciting plaintiffs on their web sites in pursuit of this potential lawsuit lottery that all of us will be paying. mad

Here is just one such large firm of ambulance chasers....

http://www.edcombs.com/CM/Custom/TOCViolations.asp

Quote:
We are looking for electronically generated credit / debit card receipts which show either (a) the card expiration date or (b) any digits of the credit/ debit card number other than the last five.
[/b]
absolutely positive. I tell everybody to keep the receipt or destroy it because the number is on there.

Tammy

#138961 - 21/09/07 12:13 PM Re: Coffee for you Yuppies
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Shahram:
Hey, thanks for the stream of consciousness, James Fuckin' Joyce. You been hittin' the green tea or what?
[LOL]

Trying to quit, and I have never fucked a Joyce.

Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  RedX, RiNkY 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal