Quote:
Originally posted by Mobycat:

If you really think Bush could pull off a Truman 40 years from now, maybe YOU should put down the kool-aid.
By mentioning Truman, I meant that Truman was not a popular president at the end of his term. He was treated very shabbily.

It won't take 40 years for people to understand what Bush was trying to accomplish. A lot of what he is trying to accomplish is coming to fruition. It's a slow process, despite all the efforts of many in this country to undermine everything, but even he always said it was going to be a slow process.

Maybe many didn't understand that fact. We are afterall becoming a very childish, instant gratification type nation.

Back in 2003 when we invaded Iraq, I said right here on this message board that it was going to take at least 8 years to bring that country around. I was attacked for saying it. Maybe even by you, but I don't know. That prediction is looking like it will be close to being accurate.

Here is another prediction and you can this straight to the bank. In four years time, many people in this country are going to look back on George Bush's presidency far, far more favorably then the president in office four years from now. With what's coming down the road, these days are going to seem like the 'good old days'.

History will be kind to George Bush and I can guarantee you that it will happen a lot sooner than you think.

That's "change".