My 2000 Xterra just turned 108K miles. I just finished changing the timing belt myself. I also changed the Idler bearing, water pump, Thermostat, small hose above the Thermostat, cam seals, crank seal, radiator hoses and all belts. I bought all the parts online at (parts@woodmennissan.com) and took one full day to do the work. I was shocked that the old belt looked like new even under a bright light and reviewing the factory service manual on how to inspect the timing belt. The Idler bearing also spun freely and again seemed fine. I guess I was shocked that all the parts I replaced looked very serviceable but I was still glad I changed all the parts out. The Xterra has been the most reliable vehicle I have ever owned, and not even a 10 cent item on the vehicle needs to be replaced. I put new shocks on about 95K and have flushed the auto transmission twice, first at 50K, then again at 98K. I change oil every 3K miles and only use Nissan oil and air filters. I am very picky about preventive maintenance. I run Marvel Mystery Oil in the gas tank every 3 months or so. I installed NGK Iridium spark plugs at about 70K miles. The engine has never used oil and looking down the oil filler cap the cam shaft looks as shinny as new. Taking good care of the Xterra has paid off and I have no intention of getting rid of it anytime in the near future.