Many times on this board I have heard stories of auto locking hubs unlocking in reverse. Well folks, FLXX put the theory to the test this weekend and it is nothing more than that, a theory. I succeeded in burying my truck to the axles in mud over the weekend and decided to try and see if I could drive it out. I threw the truck into reverse and let it fly. Well, I only got the truck stuck worse, but lo and behold, the front wheel spun, tossing mud onto my hood. Now let me ask a question here, can that front wheel spin in reverse if that hub is not locked in?

I then tested the theory a second time. This time using a fellow members truck. (There's a little more to this story than that, but that's for another place.) After sinking the truck down in the mud, I then put it in reverse just as I did in mine and tried to drive it out. Well, the front wheel spun just fine, once again tossing mud up on the hood.

I am sorry guys, but as far as I am concerned, that proves to me the fact that the factory auto locking hubs do not unlock in reverse. Next time I will video it because I know this is going to start a war. Sorry for firing the first shot.

------------------
Gordon "The Warmonger" White