Halfway true. My server is using my company's backup T1 line, which we haven't been using for anything until now. Traffic has grown to the point where we're going to start using it, and I didn't want my little server hogging up the bandwidth we'll need.

I was considering moving it to a pay-per-use webhosting service, but came to the realization that even if I keep pumping out 1 GB per day (which I am now) that still doesn't amount to a hill of beans compared to our total possible 1-GB per day.

How do I end up pushing 1 GB per day? Some of these pictures and videos that I'm hosting end up being linked to from other sites, while Xterra Owners Club is the biggest traffic generator (50,000 referrals in 80 days), the sum of all the other referrals is twice that.

What I'm going to do is put a cap on my server's uploading speeds -- right now it's (theoretically) 1.5 Mbps (T1 speed). I'll reduce it to less than half, which is still more than enough to get out pics and videos etc. Secondly I'm going to work on an ISAPI script that prevents referrals (linking) from sites other than XOC, Automotive Forums, and a few other Xterra related things.

This should prevent gross overuse of bandwidth, while still letting me do something I think is a lot of fun -- helping everybody out by having a place to host images and videos.

By the way, anybody know how to tweak ISAPI scripts? If you're not sure, you don't. If you do know how, I have an easy favor to ask, inquire within! laugh