Problem posting?
by Tom
11/06/24 10:33 AM
ECXC 2024!
by Tom
11/06/24 10:32 AM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 193 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#309087 - 01/06/06 06:53 PM Re: blue lights
Anonymous
Unregistered

i took everyones advice, i was just trying to be sociable when i asked if anybody knew why they did that.(if thats the question that you are talking about) i dont know how to look up "why do sylvania silverstars go out after 4-6 months?" in the search forum.

#309088 - 02/06/06 08:09 AM Re: blue lights
OffroadX Offline

Loc: Baltimore, MD
Who cares why? It happens, either buy 'em or don't based on that.
Mine lasted much longer, but both died within a couple of weeks of each other in the end.

Tip: see if your question has already been answered before asking it. Try our handy-dandy search tool!

#309089 - 02/06/06 08:12 AM Re: blue lights
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by OffroadX:
Who cares why? It happens, either buy 'em or don't based on that.
Mine lasted much longer, but both died within a couple of weeks of each other in the end.
I'm with Brent on this one. I've had mine for over a year with no problems. I even switched the fog lightbulbs to the Silverstars. I've had those go out already(3 months and dead), but I liked the improvement enough to go buy another pair.

#309090 - 02/06/06 09:02 AM Re: blue lights
BlueSky Offline

Loc: Georgia
Quote:
Originally posted by clemsontiger09:
bluesky, if you would have looked i originally started out the topic talking about blue headlights, YES I LOOKED!! so before you go calling people a grass hopper know what the topic was originally and for your info i wanted peoples opinion on whether or not it was worth it.
How old are you? Not old enough I guess to remember the TV series Kung Fu ? "Grasshopper" was the master's nickname for his student, for the reason related below (taken from a FAQ about the show). I didn't use it to be offensive, and I regret not realizing you might take it that way. So put away your rocket launcher and as Cheri Oteri would say, "simma down now." cool

<<
Why is Caine called "grasshopper"?

This question comes up every single week in the Search. One can only assume it is being asked by people who never saw the pilot in which the very first time Caine meets Master Po, he says that to be blind must be the worst affliction. But Master Po shows the young Caine that he can even hear the grasshopper at the young Caine's feet, which Caine couldn't hear.
>>

Edited to add: I also don't mean to imply that I or we in XOC are "masters" of anything. But you are a noob and so would fit into a general categorization of "student" in this forum. wink

#309091 - 02/06/06 09:16 AM Re: blue lights
Anonymous
Unregistered

I'm running the silverstars in my X. I do feel they are bit brighter than OEM bulbs but probably not worth the extra cash for them. I seem to recall reading that they have an average life of some 900 hours... not very impressive. I'm going back to OEM after they fry out.

#309092 - 02/06/06 07:22 PM Re: blue lights
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by BlueSky42:
I also don't mean to imply that I or we in XOC are "masters" of anything.
i dunno. there are a few master debators around here.

i run silverstars. had em about a month. havent burned out yet so im not complaining.
brighter? not noticeably.
better color? slightly.
reason i bought em? money burning a hole in the pocket.

#309093 - 08/06/06 07:04 PM Re: blue lights
Anonymous
Unregistered

I had the silverstars in my old cherokee, they lasted about 6 months. Then I bought blue bulbs off ebay. They fried my headlight wiring. I replaced the headlight switch 3 times and then they melted the harnesses for both lights. DEFINITELY steer clear of ebay bulbs. After fixing the mess I caused, I ended up putting the original bulbs back in. What an expensive headache. frown

#309094 - 08/06/06 07:13 PM Re: blue lights
Anonymous
Unregistered

many people arent aware that headlights can come in different wattages. the stock bulbs are 65/55w high/low respectively. many ebay lights are 100w. hence the extra heat, the burnt wires, melted plastic, etc.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Adam, fastdrmr, Gonzo-2, Smith 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal