This is an old but very helpful thread, but leaves me with a question. (Found it after a thorough search...)

I'm probably being anal here, but is it safe to assume then (no one really states this) that on an '02.5/'03/'04, the blue/red-striped wire leaving the 4-wire connector (as retro mentioned) is the switched power for the parking lights (it will be hot when you have the parking lights on and cold when they're off) and the red/black-striped wire from the 2 wire connector is the switched wire for the fogs (that is, this wire triggers the relay for the fogs)? From his description that appears to be the case. I want to use the parking lights as the trigger for the relay for some driving lights I'm adding and I'd really don't want to have to run a wire from one of the parking lights to do this. I just want to make sure I tap into the right wire here.

And no, I haven't done the fog light mod yet. I'm debating on whether it's useful. Here in Michigan, it's illegal to run with parking lights and fogs. The law states you can only have your fogs on in conjunction with your low beams, although I see lot's folks using them with just their parking lights.

Thanks all!

-G-