Quote:
Originally posted by stone:
Okay so if there is no one to enforce the existing laws, why do you have to obey the one law that closes it?

I wonder why you just can't go anyway. If it is "closed" who is patrolling it?

[devils advocate]
Marshall, you're right, however the Term "High-Road" comes to mind. It's obvious that people don't respect the laws when you see the signs all shot up and not to mention the wildlife, I.e. Saguaro's that have little still holding them up, or graffity on every flat surface or As Madman pointed out the trash. BASTARDS!

These people wouldn't give a damn, even if it were thier own back yard. Hell my Mex (Latino?) neighbors fill thier front yard with trash and it's blowing over into my yard that I spent two days tilling, etc. to make something of it. Looks aren't thier concern unless it is thier Bitch or Car/Truck. Sucks, but what can I do, the last one's that lived there burned our houses down?

Randy, I'll see what I can do to help you find someone to talk to. You'll primarily be looking for a Ranger for your perticular Natl. Forest down there in Maricopa. There could be an issue of cross jurisdiction, between BLM and the Forest Service, Not to mention the Sherrif's department. Another Hurdle as to who exactly is responsible for enforcement.

Here's a bit of info:
LINKY

PROGRAM MANAGER: Tom Dwyer, 333 Broadway SE, Albuquerque, NM 87102, (505) 842-3233, email: tdwyer@fs.fed.us

FAQ\'s LINKY

Specific to Marshall's Q:
Quote:
22. With limited law enforcement resources, how does the Forest Service expect to be able to implement a new regulation and manage OHV use?

Most OHV users want to do the right thing, and the agency believes that proper education and engineering (e.g., road and trail design, signing) can focus law enforcement resources on those few users who intend to violate the law. Forest Service law enforcement personnel play a critical role in ensuring compliance with laws and regulations, protecting public safety, and protecting National Forest System resources. The Forest Service also maintains cooperative relationships with many state and local law enforcement agencies that provide mutual support across jurisdictional boundaries. The new rule provides a consistent framework for enforcing travel management regulations, including provision for a motor vehicle use map.
Man I hope the Off-Road Community can pull it together to keep us in our sport.