Quote:
Originally posted by xterrah:
Simply put -- is it the one in the picture or the one in the description. "They are the same." No, they are not the same. Let me send you the links to the two items and you can tell me which one. Hence a quick e-mail to her saying "here are the links." I called immediately after I sent the e-mail so I could be on the phone as she opened the links to discuss them. Instead, when I called back she kept insisting "they are both the same." [The same as what? The one in the picture or the one in the description]. You do not say to a customer with impatience "I am not going to keep beating a dead horse." Finally I said please just open the links to the items and you will see what I mean. She then opened them and realized that the description of the item WAS different than the item pictured (as evidenced by the fact that you changed the descripion on your webpage). Rather than saying "Oh, I see what you mean." She made some excuse about "just because the descripion is different than the one in the picture ..." [implying, you're an idiot].

No, the issue was not the gauge, it was the attitude I received from her. Under no circumstances do you treat a customer with impatience and with a higher than mighty attitude, even if you think the customer is wrong. Just because she is your wife that does not make it okay for her to treat your customers with anything but respect, which she showed none. Trust me, I am not making this up because I have nothing better to do.

Again, if she didn't know the answer or couldn't understand my question, she should have said so. That was her judgment call. I don't know what she knows and what she doesn't know. I would have had no problem waiting a day for the answer. I would have preferred that rather than incurring phone charges from California to Alabama while she just didn't get it and didn't even try to get it. I had to insist she open up the links I sent her.

I guess we can now see the philosophy of your company. If things go wrong or if there is a communication problem, the customer is never right. I'm sure your wife is a lovely person but maybe she should stick with filling orders and not *customer service.*

A more professional response from you would have been "It is unfortunate that there was an apparent miscommunication between you and our company. We try our best to treat our customers with respect, etc."

In response to your anticipated reply, you're right and I am wrong. I am only the customer, what do I know.
All of that bullshit and you couldn't even apologize for calling his wife a bitch? Be careful where you use the word "We". I think that 4X4rockshop has went way out of their way to satisfy you and I would give them my business anyday.

[Finger]