I wasn't at the trail so I'm not an eyewitness, but that night I did feel the anger when we caught a glimpse of the Yellow Toy in one of the pictures. Eveyrbody went off about he shouldn't be allowed on the trails for driving all over the place like he did, so I assume the damage he caused was quite severe.

Plus I personally know all of the people who were there and know that they wouldn't think of blameing Chris just out of spite.
All of us who were there wouldn't really care what another 4-wheeler thought about us, we were just there to enjoy ourselves. We catch alot of flak for driving Xterras offroad so we have learned to ignore other drivers crude comments.

Having grown up going to Moab since I was an infant I'm a "greenie" when it comes to protecting that area.
If forced to choose between locking the whole area down or letting Tread Lightly violations go unpunished I'd close Moab up.
So my opinion is if 6-8 eyewitnesses can prove what happened as well as a picture then throw the book at Chris.
No matter what his reputation is Moab is sacred to me, and nothing is as much of a crime in Moab then going off trail.

Xterra101.com