Thanks for talking about it....at least SOME people are mature about it.

laugh

......But, yes it did..as the leaves were the same, the tires were the same, the ground was the same...the ONLY variable was the shackles.

I have stated repeatedly, that if you are doing a flexy pack, there's no point in revolvers - as the articulation should be there in spades that way too...

The revolvers niche is where you need a stiffer pack for load handling, etc..but want the travel...or don't want too much lift, just articulation, etc.

YOU have stated repeatedly that the drooped tire would SLIP as SOON AS THE REVOLVER OPENED...as, you stated that ONCE OPENED, there would be no down force on the tire.

The ENTIRE PREMISE of your argument was that the tire would slip WHEN the Revolver opened...it didn't...

....and it didn't half way down, or 3/4 of the way down...it did it when it ran out of droop...EXACTLY as I claimed it would.

laugh

So - with the Revolver being the only variable...and it acting as I said it would, and NOT acting as YOU said it would....I think its conclusive that you were wrong about how it would work.

I even told you WHY you were wrong...point by point.

Then, SHOWED you a demonstration..illustrating the point, using your OWN example.

So, all things being equal...the Revolver is not a wasted mod...it works.

Is it a panacea, and with it bullets bounce off, and I no longer need lockers armor or lower T-case gears, and Tree Huggers burn Spires of Spotted Owls in reverence to it?

No...of course not, and the burnt feathers smell badly as well.

laugh

Its merely another kind of shackle...one that allows more droop than a regular shackle...and, the droop lets the tire push the truck, as the tire remains on the ground.

Will a flexier pack do that too? - Sure...and if I could get one flexy enough, yet stiff enough, I'd sure consider it too.

That's it.

Ding Dong - The Myth is Dead!

[Wave]

2001 Xterra '03 VG33, SE 5 spd, 305/70/16's, Revolvers, UBSkidderz, Doubled AAL's, 3"SL/2"BL, winch/bumpers, skids, sliders, OBA, Snorkel, pine stripes....

Friends don't let friends drive stock.

http://www.gifsoup.com/view/501230/tj-tackling-crawlers-ridge-o.gif