I know Steve personally, and I can tell you guys that sugar will get you further than vinegar.

Nissan is not his money maker, at all. He's still producing Nissan parts because he does like the brand. He also owns and runs a very profitable Jeep brand (Full Traction) that dwarfs Nissan like Jack and the beanstalk! Not to mention the Suzuki guys that spend dough, Isuzu guys that don't mind dropping a couple of bucks. Compared to the Nissan group that occasionally spends money, the rest make his paycheck, Nissan doesn't.

Now, that is not to say that if you order something, that you should not expect to be treated with respect and get your order withing a stated time frame. But right now, welders are hard to keep in California, and the economy isn't making anything easier. Steve is feeling the pressure just like every other company out there.

There isn't another SAS kit out there unless you go custom. And unless you can weld, fab and build axles yourself, it's really expensive.

Call 'em up, but I'd reccomend being nice and they'll recognize that.

I like Steve, he's a friend. I can understand both sides, business is business after all, when I spend my money with him, I expect the same thing as everyone else. I don't get treated any different than anyone else either. When I finally got my parts, I ended up with an extremely badass rig, in no small part because of Calmini. They're worth the wait, they really are!

Edited by Cyclemut (08/08/09 11:43 AM)

How's that hopey changey thing working for you?