I run a spool in my ex-daily driver (daily drove it with a spool for beter than a year), the only time you really notice it is when pulling parking lot maneuvers, but it is entirely liveable. Running 50 psi makes for HORRIBLE traction with an open diff, but with a spool you have to apply double the torque to the axle to bust the ass loose, so you don't really lose much. There's a particular corner by my house that my truck would always spin the tires on going around the corner, wet, dry, no matter what (this was at 30 PSI and an open diff). Now i run 50 with the spool and haven't turned a tire yet. as for handling, these things ain't sports cars. just turn a little earlier than usual and you're good. If you're serious about playing, you gotta BE serious about playing.

I've never tried 50 psi in my X, so i dunno about the teeth falling out part, but in my truck (which is actually lighter than the X by almost 1,000 lbs) the ride is entirely acceptable. I'll throw 50 in the X in the next day or so, see how it feels.

Justin