I personally haven't tried it on a new generation X, so I can't say for sure if the wire at the deck would work or not. Most vehicles that have a speed sensitive volume control at the radio will have a wire that you can use for VSS behind the deck. Then again, most vehicles will have one at the cruise control module too, but that may not be true of the new generation X's either. I've had to go to the tranny on some vehicles. Most of the guys here have posted that the wire behind the deck is not usable and that the signal is sent via CAN link (multiplexed). That doesn't surprise me since GM's and VW's (come to mind) have multiplexed signals at the radio that control when the radio turns on (so, no switched power at the radio if you were looking for that there). I say try it and see what happens. It's an input wire anyway, so you won't cause any damage if it doesn't work. Worst case, it doesn't work and you have to get the SPG anyway, but at least the rest of the install will be done and ready to go once you get it. wink