I was gonna get a Calmini catback system, but after considering the options (read: price vs. gain) I decided to go with a Flowmaster muffler only. The exhaust system from the cat converter forward still presents the same amount of restriction, so increasing the pipe from there back adds little value (unless your OEM pipe is rusted out or damaged). The Flowmaster is overall a much better muffler than the one that comes with the catback system. I decided to leave the little resonator behind the muffler(?) in place and the resulting exhaust tone ended up being just right.

The jury's still out on performance/mileage, but my X seems a bit peppier and my last two tanks showed about 20 miles more per, but I'm reserving further comment until I put some more miles on with the new muffler. It DOES sound cool as shit, tho...and the best part was that installed it cost me way less than half of the Calmini without adding in the installation and shipping cost. So the ol' tailpipe is still there - BFD