Quote:
Originally posted by NuDan:
Quote:
Originally posted by Just_Blue:
[b]hell, am I the only one that's remotely interested in putting any NOS in there truck? I wanna put a damn 100 shot in the thing, and I'd like to hear some legitimate reasoning from anybody on why I shouldn't.
I thought you were getting a Lexus?.[/b]
I was simply thinking about it, but listening to everybody and their logic made me change my mind. I figured I might as well try to make the X as efficient as I can, and probably apply some of those "pay for my gas bitch" techniques to my friends.

Quote:
Originally posted by infinatenexus:
Here a few things that you will HAVE to do if you plan on running N2O:

You will have to pull back your timing,

You will have to run premium unleaded.

DO NOT spray below 3000RPM, with a wet kit spray u fuel into your intake manifold at too low a rpm the velocity of air is not traveling fast enough to pull the fuel in too so it will puddle in your intake manifold and explode

I would HIGHLY recommend buying a NX TPS switch, it only opens the solenoids at wide open throttle so u make sure you are not running lean. I also hooked up a MSD rpm acivated window switch so the solenoids will only open between 3000-7000rpm's. The MSD sends out a 12V- ground signal out in the certain rpm range. The tps requires a 12V+ and 12V- to operate so I hooked the output of the MSD to the ground of the TPS so even if I am at wide open throttle I cannot spray until the MSD box reads between 3000-7000rpm, this is a failsafe way to ensure safety for u and your motor.

Have your car dyno tuned to ensure your air/fuel ratio is within an acceptable range

Buy colder spark plugs

I have run it for years on Honda’s, and they aren't built nearly as stout as the 3.3 in our trucks.
Anyway, on to the NOS. infinatenexus you say that I'll have to pull back my timing? Explain how I'd pull that off? (piggyback ECU?)

Allready running premium...

You also say that I can't spray below 3,000 RPM because the air won't be at a high enough velocity? I understand how that would apply to a NA engine, but my engine is S/C, so I'm simply guessing that the same wouldn't apply.

Colder spark plugs? What?

Anyway, thanks for the information!