shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 60 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#21791 - 15/05/05 09:45 AM Saw an XOC sticker on Long Island...
Anonymous
Unregistered

...on Saturday afternoon, around 6PM on Southern State west / Wantaugh Parkway north. It was a 2000/1 Silver Ice, just like my 2000.

Who was it?? laugh

#21792 - 15/05/05 08:16 PM Re: Saw an XOC sticker on Long Island...
01SalsaXterra Offline

Loc: Suffolk County,NY,USA
Not me, but I'm on long island as well.
I have a "lightly" laugh modified 01 Salsa Xterra.

I dont know of any Long island X owners with an XOC sticker on their trucks. Did it have a NY plate?

I got "IT" from ebay.
Now it burns when I pee..

#21793 - 16/05/05 06:44 AM Re: Saw an XOC sticker on Long Island...
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by 01SalsaXterra:
Not me, but I'm on long island as well.

I dont know of any Long island X owners with an XOC sticker on their trucks. Did it have a NY plate?
It sure did. I'm new to the website, and never did any offroad stuff yet. Are there any places on LI, or in the driveable area? Thanks!

#21794 - 16/05/05 07:13 AM Re: Saw an XOC sticker on Long Island...
Anonymous
Unregistered

I have a 2004 Black SE/SC with the xterra owners club sticker on the back of mine and from L.I. [Smoking]

#21795 - 16/05/05 06:19 PM Re: Saw an XOC sticker on Long Island...
Anonymous
Unregistered

How do you get XOC decals? I just bought my Xterra and I want to go all out. After my custom sound system and exhaust comes the exterior and Id like to start it off with an XOC decal.

#21796 - 17/05/05 06:44 AM Re: Saw an XOC sticker on Long Island...
Anonymous
Unregistered

#21797 - 17/05/05 10:15 AM Re: Saw an XOC sticker on Long Island...
01SalsaXterra Offline

Quote:
It sure did. I'm new to the website, and never did any offroad stuff yet. Are there any places on LI, or in the driveable area? Thanks!
On long island there are very few legal places to wheel. If you see a trail head, there is a good chance that it is private property.
Some places that are legal on the island are..

Hither Hills park..Around montauk area. There are hunting trails, nothing difficult, depending on how much it rained..Just watch out during hunting season. No permit necessary, from what I've seen.

NY State 4 wheel drive Fishing permit. $49, you can drive on the beach for the purpose of fishing, at Gilgo, Robert moses, Sore thumb, Democrat point, Nappegue, Montauk Pt..

Smith Point Beach has a seperate permit.. a lot of money.. and it is a wheeling permit on the beach. They had a decent amount of beach and trails, all very easy BUT, due to errosion they might not be issuing them this year. And if they do it will be limited in access.. I think you also need a Green Key pass in order to buy the smith point permit..

If you want to get off the island to do some real wheeling..there is..
Paragon Adventure Park in Hazleton, Pa. about 3 1/2 hours away roughly, depending on where you are on the island..

Also..Rausch Creek..Tremont,Pa.. About 3 hours away depending..

Both are Pay to play offroading parks. normally about $35 per truck per day, and $5 per passenger per day. And you need to watch a video for both, and they require a three truck minimum per group..

If you havent signed up for it already, I highly recommend it..
ECXC.com East Coast Xterra Challenge July 22,23,24 weekend..A Yearly event that pulls in a ton of Xterras from all over the US. A great place to get introduced into wheeling..

Enjoy..

I got "IT" from ebay.

#21798 - 18/05/05 08:10 AM Re: Saw an XOC sticker on Long Island...
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

NY State 4 wheel drive Fishing permit. $49, you can drive on the beach for the purpose of fishing, at Gilgo, Robert moses, Sore thumb, Democrat point, Nappegue, Montauk Pt..
I go to Robert Moses alot, what beaches can you drive up on? The far side on the right (away from the lighthouse)? Also, how long does the permit last for, one season?

#21799 - 18/05/05 08:51 AM Re: Saw an XOC sticker on Long Island...
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
...Around montauk area.
Is the big AN/FPS-35 Radar still there? I wonder how close you can get to that site. It's pretty freaky up there smile

#21800 - 18/05/05 09:26 AM Re: Saw an XOC sticker on Long Island...
01SalsaXterra Offline

Quote:
I go to Robert Moses alot, what beaches can you drive up on? The far side on the right (away from the lighthouse)? Also, how long does the permit last for, one season?
Democrat point is the spot in Robert Moses.
From the Sagitkos parkway make a right onto the Robert moses road, and take it to the end (going west) There is a dead end with a checkpoint and an air-up station as well.. So you just need to bring a hose with you to air up your tires after driving on the beach.
Permit is good from April 1st through December 31st for $49.. Just keep in mind that it is a FISHING permit, not and offroading permit. You must have the required equipment in your truck or they will not let you onto the beach.. And yes, they do check every truck, even once you're on the beach the State park police check up on you.

I got "IT" from ebay.

#21801 - 18/05/05 09:27 AM Re: Saw an XOC sticker on Long Island...
01SalsaXterra Offline

Quote:
Is the big AN/FPS-35 Radar still there? I wonder how close you can get to that site. It's pretty freaky up there
That would be Camp Hero that you are talking about.. Yes, that is a REALLY freaky place. I've been there a couple times and it still creeps me out.
Do a search online for Camp Hero, and the links get pretty freaky..

I got "IT" from ebay.

#21802 - 19/05/05 01:46 PM Re: Saw an XOC sticker on Long Island...
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hey! I want an XOC sticker! Can someone message me and let me know how I can grab one? Thanx!

#21803 - 19/05/05 02:20 PM Re: Saw an XOC sticker on Long Island...
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Lexi:
Hey! I want an XOC sticker! Can someone message me and let me know how I can grab one? Thanx!
Here you go

#21804 - 04/10/05 07:15 PM Re: Saw an XOC sticker on Long Island...
Anonymous
Unregistered

Does anyone have the link for the Long Island Xterra site?
I used to have it, but now i cant find it.......

Robb

#21805 - 05/10/05 04:56 AM Re: Saw an XOC sticker on Long Island...
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by NYCe_XTerra:
Does anyone have the link for the Long Island Xterra site?

Robb
http://ultra.litpixel.com:90/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewforum&f=48

#21806 - 05/10/05 11:30 AM Re: Saw an XOC sticker on Long Island...
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by placebo31:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by NYCe_XTerra:
[b]Does anyone have the link for the Long Island Xterra site?

Robb
http://ultra.litpixel.com:90/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewforum&f=48 [/b][/ QUOTE]Thanks..... cool
Robb

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal