2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 63 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#619329 - 20/11/07 09:55 AM My puppy's in the hospital :(
babyX Offline

We woke up this morning to find black, tarry stuff sprayed everywhere in the laundry room where the dogs spend the night. We rushed them both into the vet (we couldn't tell who had done what), and they asked about rat poisons and other kinds of chemicals, none of which we can think of that he would have gotten into, but they don't know what else could have caused it.

The vet actually said, "there's blood just pouring out of his back end right now." frown

He's staying in the hospital now, probably over the holiday. When my husband went back there to check on him after he got all hooked up to the IVs and whatnot, he could barely lift his head, and he's usually a super-excitable golden retriever. frown

Our other dog seems to be as healthy as can be, so thank God for that. But the other one... I guess it's kinda touch and go right now. The vet did say that she's seen dogs that, once they get this out of their system, they're perfectly fine in a couple of days. Others, they just never recover. So, who knows?

It's amazing how attached we get to animals.

#619330 - 20/11/07 10:03 AM Re: My puppy's in the hospital :(
Anonymous
Unregistered

Bummer. Well I hope the pup comes out ok. I really hate hearing stories like that about dogs. Especially retrievers... yeah I'm biased. We used to breed labs. But with the vets help and those fluids back in his system he'll be up and about chewing up the house in no time [Laughing]

#619331 - 20/11/07 10:06 AM Re: My puppy's in the hospital :(
Anonymous
Unregistered

So sorry to hear that....they become like members of our family. Sending good puppy mojo your way- Good Luck..

#619332 - 20/11/07 10:15 AM Re: My puppy's in the hospital :(
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hope your pup comes through just fine! smile

#619333 - 20/11/07 10:24 AM Re: My puppy's in the hospital :(
Anonymous
Unregistered

cool Sorry Babyx, hope the pups OK--

--Most labs are CHEW crazy, look around that laundry room for EVIDENCE,of the pups attack on something you use, for your everyday laundry--Good luck--JIMBO

#619334 - 20/11/07 12:49 PM Re: My puppy's in the hospital :(
GrayHam Offline

I'm sorry to hear about that, Heather.

frown frown frown

#619335 - 20/11/07 02:09 PM Re: My puppy's in the hospital :(
RI Xterra Offline

Loc: Rhode Island
Sorry to hear about this. frown

I hope all goes well and I pulling for your pup to make a full recovery..

#619336 - 20/11/07 06:14 PM Re: My puppy's in the hospital :(
Southernx7 Offline

Loc: Sunny Florida
Sorry to hear this. Have you any updated news on the condition? Did you look at home for anything they could've gotten into? Ant trap perhaps?

#619337 - 20/11/07 06:30 PM Re: My puppy's in the hospital :(
Kaiser Offline

Loc: Austin, Texas
Hemorrhagic Gastroenteritis... just happens sometimes for all sorts of reasons...

My vet-gf says since he/she/it has gotten treatment and isn't dead yet that it'll probably be fine in 1-3 days.

#619338 - 20/11/07 07:42 PM Re: My puppy's in the hospital :(
Anonymous
Unregistered

I have two pure bred Siberian Huskies, one had an accident with my girlfriend's pit bull. She's a nice pit, but somehow they were playing too rough, and has my female, at the time was only four months, was fragile.

Well to make a long story short, part of her lower jaw broke off, and was just hanging there. Ran her to the E-Vet Hospital. Cost me over $3000 to get her jaw stitched up.

So believe me, I know what you're going through when I saw I'm sorry for your dog and I hope all is well soon!

#619339 - 20/11/07 08:19 PM Re: My puppy's in the hospital :(
Anonymous
Unregistered

frown

Best wishes..

#619340 - 21/11/07 08:27 AM Re: My puppy's in the hospital :(
babyX Offline

Last night, the update wasn't great news from the vet -- his condition hadn't changed at all. But this morning we went in to see him and he raised his head and wagged his tail, which is a vast improvement over yesterday. So, he's perking up some. The vet said he's doing better and hasn't been passing as much blood as before. He's still not well enough to go home, but should be soon.

At least this happened on exactly the right day for us to be able to rush him to the hospital. One day before or one day after and he'd have been in a lot more trouble.

As it is, though, halle-freaking-lujah!

#619341 - 21/11/07 08:37 AM Re: My puppy's in the hospital :(
NY Madman Offline

Loc: Florida
It's good to hear your dog is getting better baby.

I hope he pulls through.

#619342 - 21/11/07 08:40 AM Re: My puppy's in the hospital :(
Anonymous
Unregistered

That's excellent! Hey now you've got something to be especially thankful for tomorrow. smile

#619343 - 21/11/07 11:09 AM Re: My puppy's in the hospital :(
Anonymous
Unregistered

That's definitely good news. The pup will be back to its old self in time and stirring up a ruckus just like a retriever's supposed to do [LOL]

Thanks for sharing the good news!

#619344 - 23/11/07 09:34 AM Re: My puppy's in the hospital :(
babyX Offline

Puppy came home last night! Hooray! He stinks to high heaven and is at the groomer's today getting yet another bath, but the vet said he's a-ok, and he's got that happy, excitable golden retriever face back.

YAY!!!

Thanks, everyone!

#619345 - 23/11/07 10:14 AM Re: My puppy's in the hospital :(
Anonymous
Unregistered

[ThumbsUp] [ThumbsUp]
Glad to hear he's OK!!
Man - that stuff can be scary!

#619346 - 12/12/07 10:13 AM Re: My puppy's in the hospital :(
babyX Offline

Oy. When it rains, it pours.

Our same golden retriever had to go back to the vet yesterday to have a tumor removed from his elbow. We won't know for another few days if it's cancerous, but considering the lump wasn't there 5 days ago, it grew awfully fast.

He's doing well after surgery, though. He hasn't yet figured out to maneuver with the E-collar on, but it's hilarious to watch. laugh

#619347 - 12/12/07 07:48 PM Re: My puppy's in the hospital :(
Anonymous
Unregistered

I have lost two family members this year
1.Sasha Huskie female puppy all of a year
2.Nikki Huskie Female 17 yrs young
i knew Nikki was getting older so i got Sasha from a pick of a litter .And then puppy was put to sleep for intestinal problems 1-in every 10000 have it .in and out of the hospitol after the third time it was time ......she was put to sleep no more pain!
about a month later Nikki who was my world was all of 8months old when i got her and 17 great trubble free years together.She had the bleeding thing from the rear it wouldnt stop and was loosing lots of blood and was given another choice she was to old to take a chance in an operation so .My best friend i had to put to sleep....that was verry hard to let go. RIP Nikki And Sasha love you guys!
i have three huskies now and love them all two are 3yrs old now and 1 1/2 yrs old
and was there when they where born ...
Good luck with the puppy .
Waldo,Dorrie,Rocky,Lukie

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal