2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 63 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#28691 - 11/01/05 02:36 PM Be careful with your 2000 X's...parts backordered!
Sharklover75 Offline

Loc: Greenville, SC
I hit a deer before Christmas and messed up the front end of my X...five years and not one single problem until now! Well apparently the grille is backordered and Nissan has no idea when it will be in. I've talked to consumer affairs and they have been no help! All they say is sorry, we didn't cause the accident and we don't make the part. I'm very angry with Nissan at the moment and thought maybe I'd pass the word!
If any one can offer any words of encouragement or knows of a grill laying around somewhere I'd be much appreciative!
Otherwise be very careful with your faithful old Xterras....

#28692 - 11/01/05 02:39 PM Re: Be careful with your 2000 X's...parts backordered!
Kaiser Offline

Loc: Austin, Texas
Bummer! Hopefully the winch bumper will keep me from having that particular problem.

It can often be difficult to get parts that aren't supposed to wear out.

So how is it that you've been on the board since 2000 and this is only your second post? Lurk much? Did your account get reset somehow?

#28693 - 11/01/05 02:46 PM Re: Be careful with your 2000 X's...parts backordered!
Sharklover75 Offline

Fortunately, I'd rather be in my Xterra than on the computer! But I feel these boards are great source of information. And wanted to let folks know about it...Other than this its the only problem I've had with my X! You'd think grills and bumpers would be the most often replaced parts and they'd keep plenty on hand....

#28694 - 11/01/05 02:47 PM Re: Be careful with your 2000 X's...parts backordered!
Sharklover75 Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Sharklover75:
Fortunately, I'd rather be in my Xterra than on the computer! But I feel these boards are great source of information. And wanted to let folks know about it...Other than this its the only problem I've had with my X! You'd think grills and bumpers would be the most often replaced parts and they'd keep plenty on hand....
And no I'm not a lurker

#28695 - 11/01/05 02:54 PM Re: Be careful with your 2000 X's...parts backordered!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Sharklover75:
I hit a deer before Christmas and messed up the front end of my X...five years and not one single problem until now! Well apparently the grille is backordered and Nissan has no idea when it will be in. I've talked to consumer affairs and they have been no help! All they say is sorry, we didn't cause the accident and we don't make the part. I'm very angry with Nissan at the moment and thought maybe I'd pass the word!
If any one can offer any words of encouragement or knows of a grill laying around somewhere I'd be much appreciative!
Otherwise be very careful with your faithful old Xterras....
Nissan is forced to stock all parts for up to 10 years from the year it was built (by Federal law). They have to make a good-faith effort to have parts available, but if they're out of a certain item it may take a while to manufacture a new one. There probably isn't a high demand for 1999-2001 grilles so they don't manufacture them 24/7.

I would call junk yards and order one that's in good-excellent condition. It may take a little homework on your end, but it's pheasable that you can find one. In a way Consumer Affairs is right, "it is your accident" and Nissan hasn't done anything illegal.

Good luck

#28696 - 12/01/05 09:06 AM Re: Be careful with your 2000 X's...parts backordered!
efras Offline

Loc: Syracuse NY
I too was in an accident right before Christmas. Long story short, an idiot wasnt looking where he was going and hit me almost head on, I drove up on the curb to avoid him but he kept coming...crunch. Fortunately noone hurt and going slow, approx. 30 mph.

Anyway, it has been in the shop for 3 weeks and they said they were waiting on parts(grille was one of those parts damaged). Apparently they got the parts in on friday, so hang in there, they should be coming in for you soon!

#28697 - 12/01/05 01:21 PM Re: Be careful with your 2000 X's...parts backordered!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hey don't feel bad about the grill being backordered. I work for a nissan dealership in CA and have run into the need for that part lately my self. Nissan expects more of those grills to arrive in mid january. Until then you can have the dealer you're working with upgrade your order to a customer care order. This will put your order on the top of the list to recieve one. Another source you may try is see if a body shop has an aftermarket supplier, or search on
http://www.partsvoice.com[/URL]
Part number 62310-7Z000

cya,
mobyxterra

#28698 - 12/01/05 04:34 PM Re: Be careful with your 2000 X's...parts backordered!
Anonymous
Unregistered

I am hoping to get mine installed this week. Had an accident before Xmas, the shop did an excellent job on everything, but they told me the grille was on back order. Cool... I am glad to know I am not the only one without a grille.

#28699 - 12/01/05 06:31 PM Re: Be careful with your 2000 X's...parts backordered!
incogneato Offline

Loc: Charlotte, NC
and
Quote:
Originally posted by Phil R:
Quote:

[b]
There probably isn't a high demand for 1999-2001 grilles so they don't manufacture them 24/7.[/b]
My guess is the demand for a 1999 grill is absolutely nonexistent. wink

#28700 - 12/01/05 11:17 PM Re: Be careful with your 2000 X's...parts backordered!
Ramness Offline

Loc: Snellville, GA (Atlanta)
id just start calling part departments in your area, buy it and have it put on then worry about get paid back after your X is put back together.

Garfield 2011 Red Brick Pro-4X
Radio Flyer 2005 Code Red Altima SE-R Sold
MagellanX 2003 Molten Lava SE 4x4 Sold
TabascoX 2001 Salsa XE 4x4 Sold

#28701 - 12/01/05 11:18 PM Re: Be careful with your 2000 X's...parts backordered!
Ramness Offline

oh, you are in greenville. Only an hour away, I'll see what dealers here have to say.

You need the clips or the emblem as well?

#28702 - 13/01/05 06:58 AM Re: Be careful with your 2000 X's...parts backordered!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Try the aftermarket...much cheaper and I've had good experience with the way things fit.

www.bumperauto.com

#28703 - 13/01/05 07:07 AM Re: Be careful with your 2000 X's...parts backordered!
Sharklover75 Offline

Wow! I knew this would be make me feel better! Thanks for all the suggestions and it is nice to know there are others out there who feel my pain! The body shop I'm using has called all the dealerships in SC and has decided to use Dick Smith in Columbia since they are the biggest. Nissan said that dealership has 7 on order. So if Mr. Snellville has no luck, maybe we can help each other out!
Yes I need the whole grille assembly, I'm assuming that includes the emblem, and a bracket for the left hand side.

And yeah, nice to know the demand is non-existent!

Thanks again!
Colleen -- going through severe X withdrawal!

#28704 - 13/01/05 07:12 AM Re: Be careful with your 2000 X's...parts backordered!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by cgibilaro:
and
Quote:
Originally posted by Phil R:
[b]
Quote:

[b]
There probably isn't a high demand for 1999-2001 grilles so they don't manufacture them 24/7.[/b]
My guess is the demand for a 1999 grill is absolutely nonexistent. wink [/b]
Good call. [LOL]

I don't know what the hell I was thinking.

#28705 - 13/01/05 11:08 AM Re: Be careful with your 2000 X's...parts backordered!
Ramness Offline

nope its all sold seperate suposedly

One dealer says they can have it in 3-4 days listed on thier website for $90. They said on the phone that the price is wrong. want to try and order it before they change the price?

#28706 - 13/01/05 11:12 AM Re: Be careful with your 2000 X's...parts backordered!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Why don't you get a custom grill? Change it up a bit.

#28707 - 19/01/05 10:14 PM Re: Be careful with your 2000 X's...parts backordered!
Ramness Offline

So did you get one?

#28708 - 20/01/05 08:05 AM Re: Be careful with your 2000 X's...parts backordered!
Sharklover75 Offline

Yes! I talked with my body shop and they said they had already contacted Gwinnett place. And they didn't have one, etc. So I took mobyxterra suggestion and checked out partsvoice.com and found a grille kit at Town Nissan down your way somewhere?! And they overnighted it to my body shop. So hopefully it will be done tomorrow! Not sure I can take another weekend with out it! A chevy truck is just not the same!
But thanks for all your help! Not very impressed with the body shop though?!? I think they were willing to wait on the backorder!

#28709 - 20/01/05 09:50 AM Re: Be careful with your 2000 X's...parts backordered!
Anonymous
Unregistered

My grille just came in on Tuesday. I am getting it put on this afternoon. I can't believe how different the front end looks without it. I plan on getting it muddy this weekend to celebrate. I was told I needed to wait a month before going off road to let the new paint cure.... 3 1/2 weeks is close enough for me. I need mud.

#28710 - 20/01/05 06:22 PM Re: Be careful with your 2000 X's...parts backordered!
Anonymous
Unregistered

post a pic of the new front end... smile

#28711 - 21/01/05 09:54 AM Re: Be careful with your 2000 X's...parts backordered!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Got my grill yesterday, as they were putting it on they noticed scratches on it. Nothing major, but they ordered another one to replace it with. Once it comes in they will just swap it out. So now I finally have a grill, but they didn't put the emblem on it. I was pretty impressed that they wanted to get me a perfect one, the shop I took it to after my accident has been awesome.
Tomorrow morning I am taking the wife and dogs out for some fun in the mountains.... can't wait to get out in the woods again, the whole family needs a little fun in the mud. It has been raining a lot here and the trails will probably be a mess. The river that I follow should be pretty high and the waterfall is raging from what I hear. Can't think of a better way to spend a Saturday morning.

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal