2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 38 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#13001 - 21/01/06 04:17 PM Sunroof removal?
Anonymous
Unregistered

After spend 30 or so minutes searching the site, I cant find the part description or part number for the do-hickey that you install on the sunroof so you can take it completely out. It was either a sentra or frontier part. I have a 2000 X SE. I did find one thread, but it said it was unavaiable.

#13002 - 21/01/06 06:13 PM Re: Sunroof removal?
incogneato Offline

Loc: Charlotte, NC
If you unscrew the plastic plate that surrounds the handle to open the roof you will see two buttons. Push those in and the latch will pop right out. I didn't buy a new cover (from a Frontier FYI), I just took an Xacto knife and cut slits so I can get to the buttons without taking the cover off. The glass will be snug getting through the rack but it will fit.

#13003 - 22/01/06 02:16 PM Re: Sunroof removal?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thanks. SinceI am a noob pictures would be most helpful. I have a 2000 X, I took the cover off but not sure what buttons I am looking for.

#13004 - 31/01/06 06:23 AM Re: Sunroof removal?
2kxtra Offline

Loc: Woburn, MA
No unscrewing necessary on the 2000. Pop up your sunroof. See where the hinge point for the handle is? In each side is a spring loaded little button thingy. If you push in on one of them while pulling the handle toward the front of the truck it'll pop partway out. Keep the pressure on it while you pop the other side. The handle should then pop loose from the "hinge".

From there you'll need to push your sunroof glass to a vertical position. This is a little tricky because you have to squeak it past the roof rack. It will go b/c the rubber flexes, but support it near the roof rack so you don't crack the glass by torquing it.

Once the window is vertical, slide it sideways (to the left I think) and that will unhinge the front side of the window. Remove and put someplace convenient smile

BTW, keep your windows rolled down otherwise you get this annoying whooo-whoooo-whooo thing going on from the window going over the open roof with noplace to go. Kinda creates negative pressure in the truck. Sounds wierd, feels wierd.

"not all those who wander are lost" -J.R.R. Tolkien

#13005 - 31/01/06 07:46 AM Re: Sunroof removal?
Kaiser Offline

Loc: Austin, Texas

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal