2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 63 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#40744 - 01/01/08 03:19 PM damp carpet... any thoughts?
Anonymous
Unregistered

So alittle while back I lifted up the front drivers side floor mat, and noticed the carpet underneath was somewhat damp. There must be some type of leak somewhere or something strange is going on. It's an 03 Xterra, and I have lifted up the carpet abit but havent been able to see much, probably will have to do a more thorough job soon.
I was looking for any tips or if anyones ever had this or done this before? Could it have anything to do with the sunroof? I was told about a drainage area for the sunroof, but couldn't find what the dealer was talkin about. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks, Shane.

#40745 - 01/01/08 05:17 PM Re: damp carpet... any thoughts?
Anonymous
Unregistered

I have noticed the same problem. But, on the passenger side. I just dropped it off at the dealer today. So I will let you know what I have found out. Although it is a different year. It may help, you never know.

#40746 - 04/01/08 03:28 PM Re: damp carpet... any thoughts?
Anonymous
Unregistered

My problem was. A/C drain was leaking on the passenger floor.

#40747 - 10/01/08 07:17 PM Re: damp carpet... any thoughts?
Anonymous
Unregistered

hhmmm. i see. i just dont want to spend a couple hundred bucks extra just so the dealer can figure out if they can even fix it. i'm trying to find a company that specializes in leaks. we'll see, havent done too much yet about it.

#40748 - 10/01/08 07:18 PM Re: damp carpet... any thoughts?
Kaiser Offline

Loc: Austin, Texas
Quote:
Originally posted by Conky:
My problem was. A/C drain was leaking on the passenger floor.
I've seen this in other vehicles and it's what immediately came to mind when I saw the first post.... it gets my vote.

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal