shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 108 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#110084 - 12/06/04 11:06 PM My first experience on the beach...
Anonymous
Unregistered

whats up all? i got my 2000 xterra yesterday and took it up on the beach between corolla and the va line today for the first time on the beach in a 4x4 today and it was mad fun. as i just got it yesterday, i haven't really had much time to look around for anything, but i would like 3" body and 6" suspension lift on it, 36+ is the goal for tire size...new to all this 4wheelin stuff....been doin it forever, but never w/ my own truck. anyhow, took it airborne today off a ledge the waves created and it hit hard but didn't create any problems for me in any way, and it was crazy fun. my g/f was trippin cuz she had to pee so bad but oh well....got all the salt washed off it tonight too and am lookin forward to doin it again. anyone in eastern nc hit me via email (if ur a member, u can email me) and perhaps we can do some offroadin
~Kiel US Marine

#110085 - 13/06/04 10:56 AM Re: My first experience on the beach...
koalakilla Offline

Loc: Woodlands, TX
Make sure you washed off the undercarriage real well also. Even if I leave the body of the truck dirty, I make sure to spray down the undersides.
SWXC Member #74

#110086 - 14/06/04 03:05 PM Re: My first experience on the beach...
Anonymous
Unregistered

didn't even cross my mind, thanks for the info

#110087 - 15/06/04 05:48 AM Re: My first experience on the beach...
storm2175 Offline

Loc: Sanford N.C.
check out our message board, post up ese`
ENCXC

#110088 - 15/06/04 06:50 AM Re: My first experience on the beach...
OffroadX Offline

Loc: Baltimore, MD
There is no 6" suspension lift for the Xterra, they max out at about 3" for anything that retains much of the factory suspension components.

Fitting 36" tires is technically possible, there's one out there with them, but it requires very aggressive trimming of the sheet metal around the rear wheel openings and between the front tire and doors in addition to the suspension lift and body lift.

The only way to get 6" of suspension lift is to swap a solid axle in place of the independent front suspension to the tune of a couple of thousand dollars or more unless you can do the work yourself, plus a corresponding lift of the rear of some sort.
Another option that is of highly questionable benefit is the SLR "Stage 5" suspension lift, which I think I recall has actually gone into production recently:
http://www.xterraownersclub.com/cgi-local/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=73;t=000486
I'm not even sure if this kit provides 6" of lift or not, but it's the only IFS lift that could even approach it.

For my money, the solid axle swap is the only way to go. Keeping the IFS in any form for that kind of money is outright stupid for all but a rare few situations where it can be of benefit, and recreational 4-wheeling is definitely not one of them.

Brent

Tip: see if your question has already been answered before asking it. Try our handy-dandy search tool!

Moderator:  rednec, RedX 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal