shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 108 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#116518 - 19/09/03 10:55 PM Anyone up for a trail run this Sunday (9/21/03)?
paddlenbike Offline

Loc: N. California
I am planning on running up to the SlyPark/Mormon Immigrant Trail area this Sunday to introduce a friend to wheeling. (199x Isuzu Rodeo.) The general area is located about 1 hour east of Sacramento on Hwy. 50. There are lots of trails and multiple rivers flowing through the area, so nice scenery is easy to find. Don't expect any hardcore wheeling--the trails are pretty easy.

Here are a few pics from last weekends trip...

The trail.

The scenery.

I must warn you though, I drive a Toyota.

Any takers?

Ken

#116519 - 19/09/03 11:32 PM Re: Anyone up for a trail run this Sunday (9/21/03)?
XSAL Offline

Loc: 94043 -> 19355
Sorry, Ken... I can't do two weekends in a row...(I'll be in Tahoe area for the next weekend for the Xterra Championship.) frown This is a VERY short notice, too...

You can join us next Sunday run, though... wink

Have fun! smile

#116520 - 20/09/03 11:43 AM Re: Anyone up for a trail run this Sunday (9/21/03)?
Tolleyy Offline

Loc: Wheatland, CA
Ken, Mick and I are thinking about running Wentworth springs road up bu the Rubicon on sunday. But If you're introducing a friend to wheeling, I don't think that would be the trail to do it on [LOL]

I'd like to do sly park some time when it snows though wink

Mike
04 Titan LE CC BT OR E-locker Hypertech max energy DIY airbox mod PAC-Audio IPOD navigation video interface with night vision back up camera 295/70/17 Terra Grapplers Bilstein 5100's all around with 08 PRO4X springs up front and lovin it!

#116521 - 20/09/03 05:20 PM Re: Anyone up for a trail run this Sunday (9/21/03)?
paddlenbike Offline

Hi Mike,
Thanks for the invitation, but I am already committed for Sly Park. After close to two years, you'd think we would have been able to get together for a trail run by now. :rolleyes: One of these days Mike...

#116522 - 21/09/03 10:45 PM Re: Anyone up for a trail run this Sunday (9/21/03)?
Robinhood150 Offline

Loc: Mesa, Az
Ya should have asked on yotatech. Tom (mertzer) and I might have been able to make it. Oh well, how was the trip?

#116523 - 22/09/03 03:06 PM Re: Anyone up for a trail run this Sunday (9/21/03)?
paddlenbike Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Robinhood150:
Ya should have asked on yotatech. Tom (mertzer) and I might have been able to make it. Oh well, how was the trip?
You are right, I should have. In the past I've had a difficult time getting the Toyota community to go on runs. Either they're too hardcore and want to run Johnson Valley or they're too busy doing a SAS to go wheeling. Maybe I should spend more time on Yotatech than 4x4wire...

Trip was nice. The weather was nice and cool and we found some good trails to run. Nothing eventful, just showing my friend how to get his Rodeo through the trail without banging anything up.

I'm tempted to take 2 days off work and run Barney Riley before the snow hits. (I'm busy the next couple of weekends.) Looks like a nice trail run based on the pics in the recent post.

#116524 - 24/09/03 12:08 PM Re: Anyone up for a trail run this Sunday (9/21/03)?
Tolleyy Offline

Loc: Wheatland, CA
Quote:
Originally posted by paddlenbike:
Hi Mike,
Thanks for the invitation, but I am already committed for Sly Park. After close to two years, you'd think we would have been able to get together for a trail run by now. :rolleyes: One of these days Mike...
Ya , you'd think we would have done a run together by now since we even live in the same town :rolleyes: oh well... one of these years [LOL] I should have gone with you on sunday since I ended up not going on Wentworth springs with Mick. I'm glad I didn't since that is one nasty trail from what he said.
04 Titan LE CC BT OR E-locker Hypertech max energy DIY airbox mod PAC-Audio IPOD navigation video interface with night vision back up camera 295/70/17 Terra Grapplers Bilstein 5100's all around with 08 PRO4X springs up front and lovin it!

#116525 - 24/09/03 12:38 PM Re: Anyone up for a trail run this Sunday (9/21/03)?
paddlenbike Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Tolleyy:
I'm glad I didn't since that is one nasty trail from what he said.
I knew Wentworth Springs was beyond what I could handle. I was there last year with a friend and we broke a shock mount and marked up the driveshaft on the first obstacle, which I'm sure your friend will recognize:

Now imagine my 122.9" wheelbase sitting on that rock... [Crybaby]

Moderator:  Huey, slamson00 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal