2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 80 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#128584 - 16/09/04 09:14 AM Tread Lightly Tread Master Trainer Course
SWXterraClub Offline

Loc: Dallas, Texas USA
Since the club is a member of Tread Lightly! we recieved information about an upcoming course being held in Austin. Information about the course follows.

Announcing a Master Tread Trainer Course in Austin, Texas
Tread Lightly! would like to invite you to participate in an upcoming Master Tread Trainer Course. The Tread Trainer program is designed to train participants in innovative, practical methods of spreading outdoor ethics (specifically regarding motorized and mechanized recreation) to the public. The training is provided through a one-day course and will qualify the participant to become a Tread Lightly! representative-- a "Master Tread Trainer."

Once a participant becomes a "Master Tread Trainer", he or she is equipped to train other educators, clubs, employees, tourists, enthusiasts or community members to be "Tread Trainers"-- adding a whole new dimension to his/her organization's educational goals or personal volunteer activities.

Tangible Benefits: 100 page manual, 2 Tread Lightly! PowerPoint presentations on CD, certificate of completion, button-down collared Master Tread Trainer shirt, 50 durable plastic Tread Lightly! hangtags, set of guidebooks, set of PSAs, set of brochures, "On the Right Trail" video, 6 foot long Tread Lightly! outdoor banner, and an extra discount on all Tread Lightly! materials.

Intangible Benefits: Recognition as a Tread Lightly! member, expertise in Tread Lightly! ethics and ways to minimize outdoor impacts when recreating; methods of teaching ethics to club members, new 4-wheel owners, organization leaders, kids, etc; networking opportunities with other agencies/organizations at the course; ability to train others to become "Tread Trainers" and improvement in presentation skills.

Master Tread Trainer course (as described above)

9:00 am – 5:00 pm

Registration Cost: $75.00

The courses will be held on October 21, at the site of the 17th annual National Trails Symposium in Austin, Texas. The two trainings will be held in conjunction with this Symposium. For more information on the Symposium, click here http://www.americantrails.org/Austin/default.html.

The club will split the cost of the course if someone wants to go (We'll pay $50 of it). If your interested contact me at treas@swxc.org. There's also a 3 hour course the same day.

Tread Trainer Course
9:00 AM to 12 Noon
Registration Cost: $20.00
A 3-hour course to raise understanding of Tread Lightly! and how to present the outdoor ethic to others.

#128585 - 16/09/04 05:18 PM Re: Tread Lightly Tread Master Trainer Course
Anonymous
Unregistered

Damn, I wish I was still in Austin, I would of been glad to attend and to assist the club in this area of training. [Crybaby]

#128586 - 16/09/04 07:00 PM Re: Tread Lightly Tread Master Trainer Course
Anonymous
Unregistered

It is on a Thursday too... frown

#128587 - 22/09/04 02:37 PM Re: Tread Lightly Tread Master Trainer Course
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Timmah:
It is on a Thursday too... frown
That does suck! I seriously thought about it until I saw that!

Bet we could get a big turnout in San Antonio as well.

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal