2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 63 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#128698 - 08/10/03 07:56 PM It's Official
surfingteacher Offline

Loc: Richardson
I am now officially a member. Got my card, number(#95) and stickers in the mail today. Thanks Hattrick for the quick turnaround.
TNT #14
SWXC #95
I wish I could think of something clever to put here.
Cardomain

#128699 - 09/10/03 05:30 AM Re: It's Official
hattrik21 Offline

Loc: Lewisville, Texas
Quote:
Originally posted by surfingteacher:
I am now officially a member. Got my card, number(#95) and stickers in the mail today. Thanks Hattrick for the quick turnaround.
All I did was suck you into our cult err I mean club. Robert and Walt do all the paperwork behind the scenes. Way to go guys. cool
www.TheNewX.org
It is in Men that we must place our hope.

#128700 - 09/10/03 08:15 AM Re: It's Official
Kaiser Offline

Loc: Austin, Texas
Me too... for the time being... I guess I got the trial membership... My card says it expires 10/31/03 [Huh?]

#128701 - 09/10/03 08:32 AM Re: It's Official
hattrik21 Offline

Loc: Lewisville, Texas
Quote:
Originally posted by Kaiser442:
Me too... for the time being... I guess I got the trial membership... My card says it expires 10/31/03 [Huh?]
It does?

Walt is this a little boo boo?
www.TheNewX.org
It is in Men that we must place our hope.

#128702 - 13/10/03 08:38 AM Re: It's Official
Walt Offline

Loc: Grapevine, TX
Quote:
Originally posted by hattrik21:
Quote:
Originally posted by Kaiser442:
[b]Me too... for the time being... I guess I got the trial membership... My card says it expires 10/31/03 [Huh?]
It does?

Walt is this a little boo boo?[/b]
Probably just a moment of senility, you know I am in my thirties now. confused

#128703 - 16/10/03 10:38 AM Re: It's Official
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by surfingteacher:
Congrats....so how do you become "official" and how long does it take??

#128704 - 16/10/03 10:54 AM Re: It's Official
austinbrtndr Offline

Loc: ATX
First, I think actually owning an X is a prerequisite wink ... next, you can check out the SWXC site ... there you will find all you need to know, and even see a few pics of some local members... the process takes only a week or two... sometimes three or four... but the stickers are well worth the wait... laugh

West Ham UFC -- Come On You Irons!!!

www.myspace.com/kraigslist

Kraig

#128705 - 16/10/03 10:55 AM Re: It's Official
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
First, I think actually owning an X is a prerequisite .
[Crybaby] [Crybaby]

#128706 - 16/10/03 11:09 AM Re: It's Official
Ramstein92 Offline

Loc: Frisco, Tx
If I remember correctly, and the club webiste does confirm my thought, you don't have to own an X to join. (ie Katie and Chia) But it does make sense to have an Xterra...

From what I remember, Frontiers were welcome since the X is based off it, and the associate membership is for eveyone else (specifically members who had to get rid of their trucks).

In short, I *think* everyone is welcome, it just matter what cateogory you fall under for club dues.
SWXC Member #61
Stop plate tectonics!

#128707 - 16/10/03 11:11 AM Re: It's Official
austinbrtndr Offline

Loc: ATX
Quote:
Originally posted by System-f:
Quote:
[Crybaby] [Crybaby]
Oh damn eek ... my bad... sorry about that... ok Nat... if ya got $25 you can join... but you can't put your SWXC sticker on anything but a Nissan...
*edit* just realized it doesn't say "Owners Club"... just Xterra club...

West Ham UFC -- Come On You Irons!!!

www.myspace.com/kraigslist

Kraig

#128708 - 16/10/03 11:14 AM Re: It's Official
Anonymous
Unregistered

Well i am not a member....yet. I am still waiting to see if the leader guys say it's okay for me and my busted up R50 to join.

#128709 - 16/10/03 11:33 AM Re: It's Official
surfingteacher Offline

I thought that we talked about it this weekend and due to declining membership/encouraging people to join, we were allowing Frontiers and Pathfinders. What about Titans?

It only took about a week for my app. to be processed and for the card and stickers to get to me. Not only do you get stickers, you can get discounts on certain things, check the website for details.
TNT #14
SWXC #95
Cardomain

#128710 - 16/10/03 11:58 AM Re: It's Official
Ramstein92 Offline

Loc: Frisco, Tx
Do we have inactive membership (just less participation in events due to whatever), or declining membership (more people not renewing fees than joining)? Not trying to argue or get into semantics, just curious. The Associate Membership has always been available it is just not 'advertised' as much...
SWXC Member #61
Stop plate tectonics!

#128711 - 16/10/03 02:12 PM Re: It's Official
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by austinbrtndr:
Quote:
Originally posted by System-f:
[b]
Quote:
[Crybaby] [Crybaby]
Oh damn eek ... my bad... sorry about that... ok Nat... if ya got $25 you can join... but you can't put your SWXC sticker on anything but a Nissan...
*edit* just realized it doesn't say "Owners Club"... just Xterra club...[/b]
Ok Ok... I see. Although I don't have my X yet, I think I totally qualify. Let's see, my dad and I fixed up his '92 Pathfinder and even built a custom snorkel on it!!! Is that impressive or what? Also, I owned nothing else but a Nissan/Infiniti my whole life. AND, my dad has worked for Nissan for 17 years. Could I join, or what?? I think so. laugh Besides owning an X, did i meet the other criteria? smile

#128712 - 16/10/03 02:40 PM Re: It's Official
RReuscher Offline
Tyrannt

Loc: Carrollton, TX
If I remember right, you HAVE to have an X to be a full member, others can join as a associate member. What's the difference? $10.00, and I don't think associate members have voting priveledges or can be an officer. The idea was not to exclude anybody, but it is a club for people with Xterra's. We recognized that there might be people that didn't have an X that might want to be members, but since we are a legaly defined organization, specific requirements needed to be set. Most of our associate members, were once full members who for some reason no longer have their X, but enjoyed the friendship and associations made will being a member, and wish to continue them.

As for the declining membership, it's probably related to various factors.
1) Every year we have people join because they just got their X, but we never see or hear from some of them again after they join. These folks tend not to renew.

2) The club just passed it 4th anniversery in August, some of the originals have moved on to newer non X vehicles.

3) The cult of the X is not quite what it once was, the first year it was HARD to get an X, this made for a lot of excitement in forming clubs. People were paying MSRP and even premiums above MSRP to get them. Now anybody can get, there even offering discounts as a routine basis (just like most other cars/trucks these days), and a lot of people are getting that have no desire to join a club. Look how many of the other clubs have folded altogether, so I don't think we are doing to bad. Its better to have a small group of people that are excited about the truck and the club, than to have a large group that are members in name only. That will kill the club faster than anything.
Carrollton RACES/ARES #4007/A07

#128713 - 16/10/03 03:09 PM Re: It's Official
Anonymous
Unregistered

Darn, I thought I was special and going to be the only R50 let in because of the "CHAIR". frown

Jason (teacher), I think the way it went last weekend was

"So, Dan are you going to let Pathfinders in, i.e. me in SWXC?" Dan, "Well, we still have to talk it over with the officers (turns to Jason) so what do you think etc etc..?"

Jason (tan X) , "I think we should let him in just for the chair!"

Then as the night progressed and my cooler emptied I could see the wrinkles in Dan's forehead indicating he had given the wrong response to "are you going to let pathfinders in to SWXC?" ..... [Laughing]

#128714 - 16/10/03 03:13 PM Re: It's Official
surfingteacher Offline

Don't worry, we all think you are special...

special ed.
TNT #14
SWXC #95
Cardomain

#128715 - 16/10/03 03:16 PM Re: It's Official
Anonymous
Unregistered

i drool a little, but that's no biggie..

#128716 - 17/10/03 07:19 AM Re: It's Official
Kaiser Offline

You'll be required to put a huge sticker on it that says "X-Finder".

#128717 - 20/10/03 03:33 PM Re: It's Official
Anonymous
Unregistered

unacceptable....wait "X-Finder"? hmmmmm as in my Pathy-finder finds Xs? or the as in the poor stepchild Nissan Truck? I still need to get the Xterra Recover vehicle sticker on the truck. I would perfer a Toy recover vehicle sticker, but that might open up an unfriendly can of chit

#128718 - 20/10/03 04:43 PM Re: It's Official
Kaiser Offline

I was just thinking like Pathfinder in X territory or X clothing... the Xterra/Pathfinder... but the other implications are fun, too.

#128719 - 20/10/03 04:59 PM Re: It's Official
Anonymous
Unregistered

Are you calling my truck a cross-dresser ? [Finger] I mean it's understandable to underestimate the truck because it's seen as the "grocery-getter" of the nissan world...but, man that's just wrong. [Huh?] If I had a solid front axle to beat you with I would @#$@#$@#$#$@#$....

#128720 - 20/10/03 06:32 PM Re: It's Official
surfingteacher Offline

I would hope that if you had a front axle, you would put it under your pathy, not bash him over the head. Violence never solves anything, but a solid axle sure could help you get over some things. [Smoking]
TNT #14
SWXC #95
Cardomain

#128721 - 20/10/03 06:35 PM Re: It's Official
Anonymous
Unregistered

But but but he called my truck a cross-dresser frown
and that waving smilie is mocking me [Wave] mad

#128722 - 20/10/03 06:46 PM Re: It's Official
surfingteacher Offline

Fine, you can bash him once. Then figure out a way to fab some stuff to get that front axle underneath the pathy.
TNT #14
SWXC #95
Cardomain

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal