shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 85 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#130805 - 26/02/07 10:18 AM Titus Canyon in DVNP
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hi guys,

Has anybody driven through this canyon lately? I am thinking of doing this for the first time and taking a road from Nevada into the DVNP. Since it is 27 miles of wilderness, I'll appreciate any tips smile

Thanks!

#130806 - 26/02/07 06:54 PM Re: Titus Canyon in DVNP
Anonymous
Unregistered

The last I heard Titus Canyon was closed. I hope that has changed. I have driven it twice and loved it both times. It was an easy drive both times with the toughest parts being some sandy sections. The first time we were there a guy in a rental car came cruising through while we were stopped at Leadfield. I thought for sure we'd see him buried at the wash but no, he made it through. Anyway, its fun and worthwhile.

#130807 - 26/02/07 08:12 PM Re: Titus Canyon in DVNP
Anonymous
Unregistered

Titus was closed, then opened, then closed again.

A good resource to check is www.deathvalley.com. It is run by the folks at Panamint springs and has both a link to the DV morning report with current road and weather conditions as well as a forum where folks are pretty on top of real-world road conditions. That might be something to check out.

Mitch is right, it's not a tough drive. Scenic and worth doing, but not tough.

#130808 - 26/02/07 08:43 PM Re: Titus Canyon in DVNP
DesertHB Offline

Loc: Huntington Beach, CA
I just got back from DV this weekend. Its open and from what I heard It was like a highway. All cleaned up and ready for German tourists to drive rentals down it.

See you in Moab!

Doug

Moderator:  krisjon 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal