shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 60 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#42975 - 17/10/02 10:32 AM transmission cooler
jimbo Offline

well guys - I got my transmission cooler installed last weekend. It was very very easy. I installed the 24,000 GVW cooler from B&M.

I didn't like the idea of mounting with the ties through the radiator so I ended up mounting it on the part of the frame that goes directly beneth the radiator. I just drilled through and secured the bottom part of the cooler to it. Then used a supplied bracket to secure the top right part of the cooler to the center radiator support. Took almost no time at all.

It only took about 1/2 a quart of transmission fluid with the new addition. I only lost 1 oz by disconnecting the old cooler lines.

#42976 - 17/10/02 10:48 AM Re: transmission cooler
Sean Offline

Loc: Billerica, MA
Any Pic's? How much did you pay for it? Any part of the install you would have done differently or improved upon?

My Former 2001 Xterra SE 4x4 With Modifications

My Ex-Xterra Web Site

#42977 - 17/10/02 11:58 AM Re: transmission cooler
jimbo Offline

no pics yet.

I think the part was around $50 from Jegs. And it's the stacked plate design - not a tube and fin - and it's very sturdy in quality. I would definitely go B&M again.

nope, I wouldn't change a thing. I routed the hoses next the the passenger side frame - toward the inside. This hose route made for a clean install and it required no cutting of any rubber splash guards or anything

Moderator:  krisjon, sky 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal