2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 63 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#41862 - 10/05/04 10:56 AM engine problem
Anonymous
Unregistered

3.3 V6/auto 1998

The truck is not able to accelerate and the engine cuts in and out like someone is turning the ignition on and off really fast, worse as I give it more power , or more power is required.

#1 problem only occurs when the truck is warmed up and gets worse the hotter the engine gets

#2 I had a check engine light for random cylinder misfires code 0701

#3 did the haynes test on the coil secondary and primary and the power transformer, all checked out, this test was done while the engine was hot.

Ideas?

#41863 - 10/05/04 02:25 PM Re: engine problem
rb42 Offline

Loc: McKinney
? I thought P0300 was random cylinder misfire, and 301 was cylinder 1 misfire... I couldn't find a 701 from a quick scan through... sure that is the correct code?

An injector pulse test will help determine if it's a faulty injector (but may not help determine if the spray pattern is off) - but injector testers are not cheap.. you can check the fuel pressure as well...

You can test the coil resistance on an injector on-car, or use a noid light on it to verify it gets power..

Assuming it's a specific cylinder, you could also look at the plugs for condition.(wet/dry/fouled/buildup/etc)

I'm not sure about that code however....
-=RB

PS - 701 Is a standard OBDII code for a powertrain/transmission control system error, but it's not specific.. and youre having misfire issues I think..

Moderator:  krisjon, sky 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal