shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 108 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#642398 - 20/08/04 09:01 AM Tornado
Anonymous
Unregistered

Has anyone tried the "Tornado" air device that goes before the throttle body air intake ? It is supposed to increase gas mileage by 1-2 MPG. They have it at Pep Boys and I was just wondering if it was a scam.
Thanks

#642399 - 20/08/04 09:25 AM Re: Tornado
Anonymous
Unregistered

Just FYI from one new guy to another there are some Search nazi's around here, so be sure to use that nice feature. But in reference to your question I'm fairly sure that it was agreed in a previous post about the Tornado that is pretty much a scam and any improvements are coincidence.

If I am wrong someone please correct me.

Everett

#642400 - 20/08/04 09:34 AM Re: Tornado
Anonymous
Unregistered

Sport Compact Car magazine did a dyno test on a car with the tornado, and all I remember is that it actually lost horsepower. eek

#642401 - 20/08/04 09:59 AM Re: Tornado
Anonymous
Unregistered

Not familiar with that exact one, but there are throttle body spacers for the X... I have heard they do work slightly, but you get a annoying hissing/whistling sound from the engine.

usually around $88.

#642402 - 20/08/04 12:22 PM Re: Tornado
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thanks for the replies. I assumed it was not worth the money. I had a salesman tell me about it when I was worried about the Xterra gas mileage while I was shopping for an Xterra on his lot. He said it would get me 4 mpg more. Yeah right. I bought the vehicle anyway and as far as mileage, I get what I get.

#642403 - 20/08/04 12:25 PM Re: Tornado
Anonymous
Unregistered

Oh yeah, by the way I did find the other posts on the Tornado, sorry to bring it up again, but it has been a while and I thought there might be some new opinions. As far as MPG goes, I know there is no magic other than driving slower and that is not going to happen for me.
Thanks again

#642404 - 20/08/04 03:29 PM Re: Tornado
Lincoln Offline

Loc: Wisconsin
Quote:
Originally posted by boognight:
Not familiar with that exact one, but there are throttle body spacers for the X... I have heard they do work slightly, but you get a annoying hissing/whistling sound from the engine.

usually around $88.
They do nothing...

#642405 - 20/08/04 03:48 PM Re: Tornado
Anonymous
Unregistered

Moderator:  krisjon, sky 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal