shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 85 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#645823 - 17/02/07 06:57 PM More Power!!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Dude! I've been reading these forums especialy the ones on trying squeeze some more power out of the Xterra and now i feel hopeless. Is there seriously nothing i can do to improve mine? This stock 3.3 is just a little short on the power. Am i better off trying to order pixie dust? eek

#645824 - 17/02/07 08:35 PM Re: More Power!!
xterra3202 Offline

Loc: Georgia
Yes...nothing short of buying a new truck will help much to make that big a differance. Even an SC is a waste of money if you dont have it from the factory!!!! Welcome to the 3.3L slug club!!!!

Tim

Thomas Jefferson

#645825 - 17/02/07 08:42 PM Re: More Power!!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Suck. Oh well. Its still my Xterra and i will continue to love it like it was a slow child.

#645826 - 17/02/07 08:45 PM Re: More Power!!
xterra3202 Offline

Loc: Georgia
You can always put on an aftermarket intake system, headers, and a high flow exhaust system. You might get 20bhp at the wheels but for the money your gonna spend it really doesnt make much sense. If you just want a good exhaust note spend $50 on a good muffler and have some chop shop weld it in for you.

Tim

PS- remember, its not the speed of the journey but the trip itself...

Thomas Jefferson

#645827 - 17/02/07 09:03 PM Re: More Power!!
Anonymous
Unregistered

I actually know a guy that has this installed on his X...they're just finishing the testing for the ECU improvements now Honest to God supercharger kit for first gen Xterras

#645828 - 18/02/07 12:19 PM Re: More Power!!
Anonymous
Unregistered

mahalo plenty guys. yea.... I wasnt lookin for somethin to go fast with. was kinda worried about power loss if i ever put on bigger tires and a bodylift. thanks for the supercharger link though. (seems kinda pricey.) Yesterday i went out and decided that all in all, the power the x has right now, really isnt that bad. Didnt have any problems getting thru any creeks or over hills or rocks so for now its all good. laugh

#645829 - 18/02/07 01:00 PM Re: More Power!!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hello, Having the right size tires(NOT huge). keeping the X as light as possible. Helps in mileage and power.

One more thing in addition of those mention above...changing the gears oils,transmission oils,engine oils, will help with the horse power and mileage. TO: synthetic oils for the whole Xterra. Some say very little to over 15 percent increase in HP.....hear say? .....Aloha

PS: Xterra's are not set up for great speeds...they do all right for the average person person. If you want a HOT Rod....best to get something else. X's are for slower drivers......

#645830 - 18/02/07 05:27 PM Re: More Power!!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Sweet. Thaks for the advice. dont worry. If i wanted a hot rod i wouldnt have bought a xterra. And if i was that stupid i'd probly end up putting every bolt-on part i could find on e-bay and bragging to everybody i met that i got me a 300 hp xterra. stupid ricers. oops. got off topic.

Moderator:  krisjon, sky 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal