2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
1 registered (Tom), 46 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#560271 - 09/01/07 10:57 AM iPhone
Anonymous
Unregistered

Looks like they finally introduced it...I want one.

iPhone

#560272 - 09/01/07 11:18 AM Re: iPhone
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thats cool...

Lots of other neat stuff coming out too!

#560273 - 09/01/07 11:20 AM Re: iPhone
Anonymous
Unregistered

Too bad Apple was too late on getting the "iPhone" name trademarked, Cisco already put out a phone with that name like a month and a half ago...

CISCO HAS activated an old trademark and released its own cell phone called the iPhone.
According to Business Weak, while many Apple fans were waiting for his holiness Steve Jobs to announce Apple's iPhone in January, the last thing they were expecting was for Cisco to release one with the same name.

Apparently Cisco's Linksys unit registered the iPhone as a trademark for a Web-enabled telephone handset designed to work with Internet calling services. It has owned the trademark since 2000 when it acquired Infogear, which had registered it in 1996.

In fact the first iPhone was shown off at the Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas in 1997.

This could cause problems for Apple, which has been buying up website domain names for the imminent release of its iPhone product. As could be expected, Apple is not making any comment about the release.

#560274 - 09/01/07 11:33 AM Re: iPhone
Chris Mc Offline

Loc: St Charles, MO
I'd almost be able to stomach the purchase price for the iPhone, but there's no way I'll go for Cingular's service. They charge $40 a month for unlimited data on top of your voice plan, and have complete crap phone service. I'm really disappointed that Apple entered into a "multi-year exclusive agreement" with Cingular. The iPhone does completely kick ass, though. I'll stick with my buggy WM5 Sprint PPC6700 for now at $50/month voice/unlimited data/unlimited SMS.

The "iPhone" name issue with Cisco/Linksys is just about resolved. ( link )

#560275 - 09/01/07 11:35 AM Re: iPhone
Chris Mc Offline

Loc: St Charles, MO
I'm also a little disappointed at the fine print on the AppleTV. I had been waiting for this one for awhile, and planned to order one the day they were available (today), but the fine print says its only compatible with widescreen (16:9) enhanced- or high- def TVs. I have an HDTV, but its normal aspect ratio, not widescreen. It doesn't seem like it would be that difficult to make the product work with 4:3 HDTVs as well. Grumble, grumble...

#560276 - 09/01/07 11:42 AM Re: iPhone
NismoXse02 Offline

Loc: The Woodlands, TX
Quality of service depends on where you live. Cingular is awesome here in Houston. (Edit to add that their customer service still sucks). All my family, my wife's family and just about everyone else I know is on it. However, is there a good summary for everything they talked about today? Or is this so new that we'll have to wait for someone to summarize it? I guess I can read this tonight, but was hoping for a quick summary for me while at work.

#560277 - 09/01/07 12:48 PM Re: iPhone
mineralblue Offline

Loc: Downtown Houston, TX
Quote:
Originally posted by NismoXse02:
...was hoping for a quick summary for me while at work.
http://www.yahoo.com/s/478956

#560278 - 09/01/07 12:50 PM Re: iPhone
mineralblue Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Chris Mc:
I'll stick with my buggy WM5 Sprint PPC6700 for now at $50/month voice/unlimited data/unlimited SMS.
ditto. I love my ppc6700.

#560279 - 09/01/07 01:00 PM Re: iPhone
Anonymous
Unregistered

Maybe they should register IforgottoregisterIphone, or Ifuktup, I4gotaboutgodaddy ???

MGJ

#560280 - 09/01/07 01:15 PM Re: iPhone
Auditor_Kevin Offline

Loc: Dundee, IL
Quote:
Originally posted by Chris Mc:
I'd almost be able to stomach the purchase price for the iPhone, but there's no way I'll go for Cingular's service. They charge $40 a month for unlimited data on top of your voice plan, and have complete crap phone service. I'm really disappointed that Apple entered into a "multi-year exclusive agreement" with Cingular. The iPhone does completely kick ass, though.

Took the words right out of my mouth. Cingular has pure GARBAGE service around here. And by "around here" I mean from southern Illinois all the way up to Canada. I've road tripped both ways with friends with Cingular phones and they had little to no signal way too often. My run of the mill Verizon phone has solid service all over.

This will take off just like the iPod. Insanely expensive with only the gadgetheads and highly self-concious hipsters dishing out the bucks for it, but that drives the soccer moms to see it as "cool" and get it once the price comes down in a couple years.

Great design and I'm looking forward to a couple/few years from now when one of these things is actually priced correctly.

I remember when Razrs first came out and a single buddy of mine bought one for $500 for the sole purpose of impressing chicks in bars. At the time it held the title as "pus** chaser" phone since it was the phone all those Night At The Roxbury types had to have.

With the introduction of this phone, we now have a new king pus** chaser.

$600 price tag = [ThumbsDown]

subpar carrier 2 year contract requirement = [ThumbsDown]

overall design = [ThumbsUp] [ThumbsUp]

#560281 - 09/01/07 01:18 PM Re: iPhone
NismoXse02 Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by mineralblue:
http://www.yahoo.com/s/478956
Thanks. Still no radio, can already get a slim MP3 Player phone if I wanted to and as usual... too high of a price tag. Guess it wasn't worth the wait for me. frown

#560282 - 09/01/07 01:32 PM Re: iPhone
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
I remember when Razrs first came out and a single buddy of mine bought one for $500 for the sole purpose of impressing chicks in bars. At the time it held the title as "pus** chaser" phone since it was the phone all those Night At The Roxbury types had to have.

If a phone got yer buddy pus*y, 1 of two things was happening, the shallowest, most drunk women were in the bar that night, OOOORRRRR, yer friend probably has really big "hands" holding the phone....

(((Note: this message came from a female co-worker sitting here- she also states I could NEVER BE that witty))) I concur.

MGJ

#560283 - 09/01/07 01:47 PM Re: iPhone
Auditor_Kevin Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by MarGinJoey:
Quote:

If a phone got yer buddy pus*y, 1 of two things was happening, the shallowest, most drunk women were in the bar that night, OOOORRRRR, yer friend probably has really big "hands" holding the phone....

(((Note: this message came from a female co-worker sitting here- she also states I could NEVER BE that witty))) I concur.

MGJ
Don't kid yourself - we're all guilty of chasing brands to one extent or another. And we're probably all guilty of being impressed by others that chase brands as well. Heck, we're all here on an XTERRA message board for gods sake.

I'm 32 and if you're anywhere near my age you probably don't put much stock in the kind of phone you have (or others around you), but kids/young adults today still need to feel cool - and a phone is the number one accessory for that now.

It's the same reason why you see people showing off their new technology at Starbucks instead of utilizing the wireless internet they're paying for at home. People need to be SEEN with this stuff.

The bar, Starbucks, the mall, Borders - this thing will be the pus** chaser self-concious young adults the world over will want to pull out of their pockets to impress potential partners. And the sad fact is that it will work.

#560284 - 09/01/07 02:48 PM Re: iPhone
Anonymous
Unregistered

38, and I own a POS RAZR... there's some twisted irony in that somewhere, Mish (the girl making the comment) left already, will have to show her this......

M

#560285 - 09/01/07 04:52 PM Re: iPhone
Matt Peckham Offline

Loc: Charlotte, NC
my guess is, an iPod connector GPS will very soon be available making this thing that much sweeter. It's pretty amazing. 160 ppi! That's like magazine quality. The whole OSX thing is pretty amazing. I'd like to see more on the multitouch controlling. I remember seeing someone utilize a multitouch type display a while back, a la "minority report".

$599 is inasne though. Fuck. It's gonna be almost $90 a month as is, at 2 years, that's 2160, PLUS 600. $2760 for 2 years? I'm thinking let Cingular foot a little more of the bill. I doubt that Apple is losing on this at that price. 8gb of memory is probably costing them $50 by then. We are paying for all that other cool shit.

I wonder if it'll be offered without a data plan. I am thinking it'll have to be. Think about it. What kid or parent is going to spend $90 a month for a phone? The market just got a lot smaller.

#560286 - 10/01/07 06:53 AM Re: iPhone
Anonymous
Unregistered

From what I just read, the phone isn't 3G, doesn't have built in GPS, can't edit documents created by MS office applications...way to miss the boat completely on functionality Steve.

Cool as hell though...just utterly useless for me.

#560287 - 10/01/07 02:38 PM Re: iPhone
Auditor_Kevin Offline

Not that I'm about to spend $600 on a phone, but it's more than a little dissapointing that it is only being offered through Cingular.

I think they named that company after the bars of reception you can get with them at any given point in the continental United States. Actually if that were the case then they'd be called "Nonegular".

#560288 - 10/01/07 03:54 PM Re: iPhone
Anonymous
Unregistered

Cisco are suing for breach of Trademark smile

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070110/ap_on_hi_te/cisco_apple

#560289 - 10/01/07 05:12 PM Re: iPhone
NismoXse02 Offline

#560290 - 10/01/07 10:11 PM Re: iPhone
Mobycat Offline

Loc: the hue of dungeons and the sc...
Bah.. doubtful the lawsuit will go anywhere. It's just to get Apple off it's ass in negotiation - they were already talking.
"Nature has constituted utility to man the standard and test of virtue. Men living in different countries, under different circumstances, different habits and regimens, may have different utilities; the same act, therefore, may be useful and consequently virtuous in one country which is injurious and vicious in another differently circumstanced" - Thomas Jefferson, moral relativist

#560291 - 11/01/07 03:50 PM Re: iPhone
DocNo Offline

Loc: NoVA
A closer look at the interface

Not crazy about Cingular.

Kicks the crap out of my 6700

Still not in a hurry to switch (well, that and having another year on my contract).

Screw the phone, I want a tablet with that gesture interface!

#560292 - 12/01/07 11:16 AM Re: iPhone
Anonymous
Unregistered

WOW! thats a crazy method of zooming in on a picture.

#560293 - 12/01/07 06:46 PM Re: iPhone
DocNo Offline

Loc: NoVA
Quote:
Originally posted by RiNkY:
Cisco are suing for breach of Trademark smile
What trademark?

#560294 - 13/01/07 11:51 AM Re: iPhone
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by DocNo:

Still not in a hurry to switch (well, that and having another year on my contract).

Screw the phone, I want a tablet with that gesture interface!
That interface kicks ass! I like it. Too bad they don't offer that for U.S. Cellular. wink

#560295 - 13/01/07 04:46 PM Re: iPhone
mineralblue Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by DocNo:

6700s rule.
[ThumbsUp]

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  RedX, RiNkY