shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 60 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#680816 - 03/01/14 12:33 AM Replacing hoses on heater core. PFAF
_ThisGuy_ Offline

I have a friend who is attempting to replace the hose to his heater core on his 2000 v6, but has told me he cannot find a way to get them through his firewall without removing the dashboard. He told me he couldn't
remove the dashboard without taking out the windshield.
Anyone who can shed some light on this would be greatly appreciated.
As I stated I am posting for a friend and have not looked at the assembly myself. For all I know it could be an easy fix, a design flaw, or complete malarchy.
Thanks in advance.

Edited by _ThisGuy_ (03/01/14 12:34 AM)

#680839 - 16/01/14 10:53 PM Re: Replacing hoses on heater core. PFAF [Re: _ThisGuy_]
ocala X Offline

Loc: Middleburg, fl
You are in luck...kinda. You are in luck in the fact that I have the answer for you. The unlucky portion is that the heater core is not an easy fix. Its in the center back portion of the dash all the way back against the firewall...you have to absolutely take EVERYTHING out of the way to get to it. I'm 100% sure because I just extracted my leaky heater core about 30 minutes ago. It's a bear, you have to strip the entire dash out of the vehicle. I performed my removal per the shop manual and after realizing where the actual core is, there is no other way to get to it other than what is prescribed in the manual. The windshield does not have to be removed. I took me about 4-5 hours. I've got pictures, but I cannot seem to get them to upload.

Attachments
My dash.jpg (3 downloads)

Edited by ocala X (16/01/14 11:09 PM)

#680844 - 17/01/14 11:20 PM Re: Replacing hoses on heater core. PFAF [Re: ocala X]
defibvt Offline

Loc: AZ
Pic does not show. Have your friend get on the Nissan website where he should be able to download the shop manual for a fee. He will need to do this repair. You will not have remove the windshield. I have done this several times on different vehicles and have never had to remove the windshield.

#680854 - 19/01/14 09:04 PM Re: Replacing hoses on heater core. PFAF [Re: defibvt]
TJ Offline

Loc: Lawrenceville, NJ, USA
NO NEED to remove windshield...that's nutz.

You DO need to remove much of the dash in the way though...as the core is tucked up against the firewall behind the AC etc....and its all got to come out to get at it.

laugh

It takes a few hours to remove all the dash stuff in the way, the core is a simple few minute swap, and then a few hours to put it all back together again.

I, and a lot of others have DONE this, and NO ONE had to touch a windshield...at all.

Edited by TJ (19/01/14 09:05 PM)

2001 Xterra '03 VG33, SE 5 spd, 305/70/16's, Revolvers, UBSkidderz, Doubled AAL's, 3"SL/2"BL, winch/bumpers, skids, sliders, OBA, Snorkel, pine stripes....

Friends don't let friends drive stock.

http://www.gifsoup.com/view/501230/tj-tackling-crawlers-ridge-o.gif

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal