shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 108 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#173358 - 11/04/06 03:14 AM rhino liner or lineX
Anonymous
Unregistered

There isn't a rhino liner or lineX dealer near me that I know of, maybe 45 min's away? Anyway, I have seen and touched both but I don't remember which is which. One of the two seemed a little spongy and one was hard as hell? Maybe it was neither and it was one of those do it yourself jernts? Well either way... we're talking the hard as hell one here. I have read a few posts on people getting their lower portion of their X'x "painted" with the stuff and there was a little talk about getting the whole Xterior done. Anyone happen to have seen this done in person or maybe have any pics? I know it wouldn't be the most aerodynamic thing in the world, but that isn't any concern (otherwise I wouldn't have gotten an X) Might cut down on some road noise?

#173359 - 11/04/06 07:39 AM Re: rhino liner or lineX
Anonymous
Unregistered

I did my rocker panels and lower doors in Herculiner (also did the sliders and shrock bumper).

http://jbeamphotos.com/gallery/Xterra_Mods_LowerProtection

Herculiner is a softer more rubber like coating.

#173360 - 11/04/06 02:28 PM Re: rhino liner or lineX
Anonymous
Unregistered

wow that really looks nice, good job man.

#173361 - 11/04/06 03:30 PM Re: rhino liner or lineX
Anonymous
Unregistered

i think the rhino liner is the spongier of the two. Know people who have both and both have held up very well. I personally would stay away from Herculiner.

#173362 - 11/04/06 04:16 PM Re: rhino liner or lineX
Anonymous
Unregistered

Give me a week, and I'll have the lower portions of my doors on my '02 done in emerald green grizzly grip, and the roof rack too.

#173363 - 12/04/06 05:26 AM Re: rhino liner or lineX
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by gilsnuxs:
i think the rhino liner is the spongier of the two. Know people who have both and both have held up very well. I personally would stay away from Herculiner.
Why stay away from Herculiner?

#173364 - 12/04/06 08:52 AM Re: rhino liner or lineX
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Not a darn thing. I did my step rails and they came out great.

#173365 - 26/04/06 07:58 PM Re: rhino liner or lineX
Anonymous
Unregistered

that looks great on the steps....does this come in a spray?

fyi, griots garage (never like to promote their overpriced stuff, but ill make an exception) sells a sprayable "temp" rubber spray...it peels right off when you want it too, with not residue. Its more for a temp solution for those that dont want a spray on permanent. Check it out...

#173366 - 26/04/06 08:18 PM Re: rhino liner or lineX
Anonymous
Unregistered

Herculiner, Grizzly Grip, Line X, or Rhino liner are all great options and very durable.

Herculiner and Grizzly grip are easy to deal with yourself.

The duplicolor is not as durable so be careful where you use that.

#173367 - 26/04/06 09:40 PM Re: rhino liner or lineX
Anonymous
Unregistered

This is Grizzly Grip

#173368 - 02/05/06 07:36 AM Re: rhino liner or lineX
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Alpine Spirit:
Herculiner, Grizzly Grip, Line X, or Rhino liner are all great options and very durable.

Herculiner and Grizzly grip are easy to deal with yourself.

The duplicolor is not as durable so be careful where you use that.
I agree, I dupli colored the inside of my Shrock bumper and the stuff will scrape right off.

The Herculiner is nice. Pretty easy to apply (it rolls on and can be sprayed with a bed liner spray gun and diluted with Xylene (I'd rather roll it). I did my sliders too and have run them across quite a few rocks. Only a few spots scrapped off.

#173369 - 02/05/06 01:46 PM Re: rhino liner or lineX
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
I used it on the inside of my Scout II project and I needed alot more than was recommended and it seems to be scratching away.

Only my observations with Herculiner. I am sure others have used it without any problems. I would stay away from it. Just my .02

#173370 - 02/05/06 01:53 PM Re: rhino liner or lineX
spalind Offline

Loc: Windham, NH
I've had my X herculined from the side moldings on down for about the past year or so...its held up really well so far...blends in with the black of my truck really well...

#173371 - 02/05/06 02:18 PM Re: rhino liner or lineX
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by gilsnuxs:
Quote:
I used it on the inside of my Scout II project and I needed alot more than was recommended and it seems to be scratching away.

Only my observations with Herculiner. I am sure others have used it without any problems. I would stay away from it. Just my .02
Well, I think that is going to be the experiance with most or all of the DIY liners. A lot of it also has to do with the prep.

#173372 - 02/05/06 08:58 PM Re: rhino liner or lineX
ripcurl2151 Offline

Loc: NJ
My brother Herculined the entire inside of his Jeep and it started to wear away pretty fast in the foot well areas. Just throwing another thought out there incase anyone is planning on doing the inside of their X. It's held up well in the other areas though.

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal